Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

LCFC owners

I am critical of them on certain things (such as the whole ST renewal for this season) but, on the same note, I will praise them when needed and this is one of those times. Just like when we were one of four clubs to not want to give money to Scudamore. Fair play. Club should be proud that they went against this, it's just a shame the others didn't.

Some supporter groups will no doubt feel let down because some of them (Liverpool and Spurs among others) stand for the total opposite. I saw this morning Spirit of Shankly call out Liverpool and so they should. So should the others.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The cynic in me say they knew where it was going and voted against for the pr

Yeah, well...whatever the reason (and I am willing to believe it was honourable),  they did it.

It's actions that matter, and our club acted brilliantly. 

I'm actually proud of our club - even more than usual. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah, well...whatever the reason (and I am willing to believe it was honourable),  they did it.

It's actions that matter, and our club acted brilliantly. 

I'm actually proud of our club - even more than usual. 

If they donate the money to other sources or supplement season ticket holders im fine to say i was just overly cynical, but if they pocket the money then it does feel like an empty gesture. I don't actually think that anyway, I'm merely speculating based on how overwhelming the love for us has been since, when it does have a bit of the turkey voting against Christmas vibe to it.

44 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

If they donate the money to other sources or supplement season ticket holders im fine to say i was just overly cynical, but if they pocket the money then it does feel like an empty gesture. I don't actually think that anyway, I'm merely speculating based on how overwhelming the love for us has been since, when it does have a bit of the turkey voting against Christmas vibe to it.

It's possible to over-think these things. Maybe there's some self-interest there, things are rarely black and white.But frankly I'm not that bothered. 

They did the right thing. 

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned, which I think will lead to the biggest fallout. Susan Whelan was part of the three person committee that chose the new head of the premier league (albeit he was 4th choice).

Her decision yesterday has put his position in Jeopardy, that just shows how tough a decision it would have been to take on top of everything else. 

I think that’ll be one of the main things that will lead to a re-think. I just don’t see how masters can carry on in the job if not. 

He’s had an interesting first year in the role anyway. COVID, Newcastle Saga and now this. I’d be amazed if he’s still in the job in 2021. 

39 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One day we'll look back and realise how lucky we are to...

a) have such great owners

and
b) follow the club when we're doing so well

There'll be a time for sure - possibly decades into the future - when our grandkids won't believe how much anger was spouted for ONLY finishing fifth in 2020.

It's all about context. I think the anger was because of the manner in which we finished fifth, having looked nailed-on for top four for so long; if the two halves of the season had been reversed, our climb to fifth would have been seen as an overwhelming success.

As it is, though, I think it's undeniable that it was a spectacularly disappointing capitulation.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

and

There'll be a time for sure - possibly decades into the future - when our grandkids won't believe how much anger was spouted for ONLY finishing fifth in 2020.

Why are you trying to bait, last seasons performance has nothing to do with this thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ScrumpyJack said:

People who purchased season tickets should have free access to watch the matches digitally. 

It's not just season ticket holders. I am a member (and haven't been able to get a ST until now). I still go to as many matches as I can and probably pay out more each season than most ST holders as the individual tickets are so expensive. I am sure I read the clubs asked for an option to stream matches live from their websites but it was turned down.  

and

Being angry/happy per season needs context. It's all relative. Given our position we should have nailed 4th (maybe 3rd tbf) and it was such a disappointing collapse people were right to be angry, even if 5th place is a great finish for a club like ours. Because it's not like we were mid table all season then suddenly won a couple to finish 5th, we were very poor from December through to the end of the season. However, in 30/40/50 years, then that collapse will be forgotten compared to the 5th placed finish and we will be saying "we saw the club finish 5th in the top flight". 

IF we keep looking back with the attitude of "we used to finish top 10 in the second tier so we should be happy with top 10 in the top flight" then we'll never progress. Man Utd fans moan because how shit they are now, they don't think "well we've won 13 titles in the last 30 years so we should have happy with this".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

It's not just season ticket holders. I am a member (and haven't been able to get a ST until now). I still go to as many matches as I can and probably pay out more each season than most ST holders as the individual tickets are so expensive. I am sure I read the clubs asked for an option to stream matches live from their websites but it was turned down.  

I stand by season tickets holders deserve free streaming. Not just at Leicester but across the PL clubs. Season ticket holders have made the investment this season and have been shafted. They made a financial commitment to the club, and deserve reward, especially with how tight money is currently.

• Like 2

and

Thanks. :appl:Now I'm looking forward to reading three pages of why we should have finished fourth third....again.

34 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I have paid upfront as a member as well, on the assumption we will be able to enter the ballot (although admittedly half the price that season ticket holders have paid). It probably sounds like I am being pedantic here, but the 'us and the rest of them' thing does my head in at times. There are only a certain number of STs to go round, and so plenty of other dedicated supporters don't have them.

The main thing is though that it's a difficult time for everyone at the moment and for many having something to focus on like weekly/twice-weekly matches is really important to break up the monotony of it all, especially going into the winter. With all the money that floats around the PL I think it's reasonable to ask that it's as accessible to everyone as possible. 

Point well argued my good man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1