Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aussie-fox

O'Neill Sweater

23 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I’ve been to the shop and bought one today, like an absolute sucker.

It's what we do!

People take the piss out of other clubs but everybody loves a bit of nostalgia. 

Edited by Fox92

29 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Looking at the squad list for 96/97, 31 is the first number that wasn't assigned to anyone so presume that's why.

It probably wasn’t assigned to anyone because of MON. It was on his tracksuit at Celtic, Villa and Sunderland too so he’s obviously very superstitious about it.

Seems like he won’t reveal why, either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I'm guessing the Puel gilet won't sell as well as this one.

Easy to take the p!ss out of Puel of course, but in his defence, it’s worth recalling that he signed three-quarters of our first-choice back-line (Ricardo, Evans and Soyuncu), and two of our first-choice midfielders (Maddison and Tielemanns - the latter on loan). He also brought  through Choudhury, Barnes and Chilwell. Boring tactics and definitely relegation threatening, but not a bad record of signings.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Easy to take the p!ss out of Puel of course, but in his defence, it’s worth recalling that he signed three-quarters of our first-choice back-line (Ricardo, Evans and Soyuncu), and two of our first-choice midfielders (Maddison and Tielemanns - the latter on loan). He also brought  through Choudhury, Barnes and Chilwell. Boring tactics and definitely relegation threatening, but not a bad record of signings.

I’ve got no problem with the guy, I think our fan base was and is overly harsh about him.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I’ve got no problem with the guy, I think our fan base was and is overly harsh about him.

Overseeing the turnover of players, changing from a counterattacking style to a more possession-based approach, and finishing 9th. Based on those things, I think he did a commendable job. I was pretty much against his sacking at the time.

In hindsight though, I think his treatment of Vardy was enough to warrant the sack alone. Two seasons later and Vardy is as good as he's ever been and just won the golden boot. Absolutely criminal that he was trying to phase him out two years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

Yeah but are you getting the jumper or not?