Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Sky Sports Box Office HELP please

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Can I watch this Villa game via an annual Now TV Sports Package?

If not:

I'm with Virgin so if I buy the Sky Sports Package I can then view Live Events and pick and pay an extra £15 for the game?

Thanks

Don't think from memory when I used to use Now TV that it covers box office. 

So yes you would need sky sports then still have to pay for the match via box office. Unless your virgin package allows you to just pay for box office events. I assume if you select the channel it will tell you, you can either pay for it or you need to upgrade 1st.

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If not:

I'm with Virgin so if I buy the Sky Sports Package I can then view Live Events and pick and pay an extra £15 for the game?

Thanks

Nah, what you need to do is cancel your subscription completely and wait a few weeks.

We get ripped off and treated like shit as it is without this nonsense.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If not:

Thanks

You can't watch via an existing package, you don't need to subscribe to a Sky Sports package you just pay a one off fee for the box office game.

However, if you have any sense you'll not do it :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's just too expensive. I get why. The service can't undercut sky and BT and has to be unaffordable. 

It's an inevitable but welcome direction of trave tho. £5-£10 a pop and I'm in. But also, it'll mean to huge income for the big 4 (Man city and spurs don't have the overseas reach like the other 4 do)

I may be wrong but would this not affect viewers from overseas? Do they not get all the PL games anyway?

4 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

I may be wrong but would this not affect viewers from overseas? Do they not get all the PL games anyway?

You're not, it doesn't. Non UK viewers can see all the games already. It's just us mugs they want to fleece for £15 per match.

12 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Sorry, I meant long term ppv will be preferable for me as a means of watching b(subject to price) and certainly preferable to Liverpool, arsenal, man u and Chelsea - all of whom have huge overseas following 

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If not:

Thanks

I'm reasonably sure that opposition to this is so fierce that there will be a large number of streams available and easily found.

It's illegal for someone to stream it out.

On the other hand...

It's immoral for them to charge people £15 during a pandemic (both due to crowding rounnd the telly issues and money troubles) for a game people cant attend, when some people have shelled out stacks already.

If you pay for this, you are encouraging the greedy bastids to rip the piss out of everyone again and again.

The choice is yours.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Obviously not, it is an extreme like  like you suggesting telling people not to buy into this is stopping them doing what they want to do, it’s expressing your opinion

Telling someone not to do something doesn't really sound like offering an opinion, but okay

9 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Telling someone not to do something doesn't really sound like offering an opinion, but okay

Of course it is unless I’m forcing him to do it, he still retains the ability to act as he pleases. I’m telling him what I think he should do, I don’t have a gun to his head.

You should also probably try and recognise the seriousness of this and the potential future impact on football this will have and why people feel strongly about it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Of course it is unless I’m forcing him to do it, he still retains the ability to act as he pleases. I’m telling him what I think he should do, I don’t have a gun to his head.

You should also probably try and recognise the seriousness of this and the potential future impact on football this will have and why people feel strongly about it.

Bit patronising, for what its worth I know what its about and i'm not secretly for what they are doing, i'm just not a fan of people telling (in their opinion???) others what they should do.