Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
7 hours ago, bovril said:

A lot of English people are just very angry because they are spiritually and materially poor, their wives are ugly and they live in horrible grey towns. And because they drink. So they fantasize about inflicting suffering on others. Reminds me a lot of what I've read about Russian society.

 

Jokes on you I don't have wives 

  • Haha 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I meant more so people on here, “the rules are shit and they stitch LCFC up, get rid!”

 

”Throw the book at Man City!”

Ah, ok. I agree, we have excuses for our own misdemeanours that other clubs are not afforded, too.

  • Like 1
Posted

I have no time for confidently stated and aggressive pig ignorance, or contempt for education. I couldn't care less about the socio-economic background of anyone unless it is weaponised, or erroneously used as a defence mechanism because of my socio-economic background.

  • Like 1
Posted
17 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Something I’ve been noticing a lot recently is just how much so called leftists (not on this forum just what I’ve seen) look down on working class people and resort to classist insults.

 

Divide and conquer of the working class is wrong but expected by the middle and upper class right. Its quite sad and bizarre when its the middle and upper class left.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 26/09/2026 at 14:18, Noahfence said:

Something I’ve been noticing a lot recently is just how much so called leftists (not on this forum just what I’ve seen) look down on working class people and resort to classist insults.

 

I think it's important to define what you mean by working class. I'm not digging you out, it's just that we appear to have a view of class in this country which is based primarily on vibes and not on material relationship to production. In a lot of people's minds being working class is determined by having a regional accent, their race, whether they are blue collar or white collar, their age, social values and their general conduct. For instance, a lot of people wouldn't consider a 25-year Barista with blue hair and socially progressive values renting in Brighton to be working class, but would consider a retired plumber in Bolton who owns their house and is also a landlord to be working class. In terms of their material reality and relationship to production, the blue-haired barista is working class and the retired plumber turned landlord from Bolton isn't. The barista's entire income is made by them selling their labour for a wage and they have no asset wealth, whereas the retired plumber has asset wealth and makes money by owning rather than selling their labour. 
 

I maintain that the biggest cultural and social divides in this country are based on age more so than class. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 4
Posted
25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think it's important to define what you mean by working class. I'm not digging you out, it's just that we appear to have a view of class in this country which is based primarily on vibes and not on material relationship to production. In a lot of people's minds being working class is determined by having a regional accent, their race, whether they are blue collar or white collar, their age, social values and their general conduct. For instance, a lot of people wouldn't consider a 25-year Barista with blue hair and socially progressive values renting in Brighton to be working class, but would consider a retired plumber in Bolton who owns their house and is also a landlord to be working class. In terms of their material reality and relationship to production, the blue-haired barista is working class and the retired plumber turned landlord from Bolton isn't. The barista's entire income is made by them selling their labour for a wage and they have no asset wealth, whereas the retired plumber has asset wealth and makes money by owning rather than selling their labour. 
 

I maintain that the biggest cultural and social divides in this country are based on age more so than class. 

Those two people probably come from quite different families and had different upbringings which is maybe what people in England really mean when they talk about class

Posted
On 26/09/2026 at 16:33, Grebfromgrebland said:

Not working class people but probably look down on reform voters who do tend to be more working class and less educated.

 

 

Because they go on the internet en masse and spout absolute nonsense on practically every subject, while them returning to whatever talking point they saw in GB news that day. It's not the fact they're working class, it's the fact they're hugely gullible. 

Posted

estate agents are a nightmare to deal with, they are just admin between yourself and the buyer. They never seem consultative, switched on or advise on what you should do or offer any sort of expertise. Useless every time i have to deal with them 

Posted
Just now, JonnyBoy said:

estate agents are a nightmare to deal with, they are just admin between yourself and the buyer. They never seem consultative, switched on or advise on what you should do or offer any sort of expertise. Useless every time i have to deal with them 

The only decent one's in my experience are if they actually own or part own the estate agency, estate agency employee's are generally a nightmare. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

The only decent one's in my experience are if they actually own or part own the estate agency, estate agency employee's are generally a nightmare. 

agree, as you know this is selling someone else's house so had to go for a generic high street one in an area we didn't know and we didn't chose as partner isn't the executor 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 19/09/2026 at 21:38, bovril said:

It may not be cool but no polo shirts give you the same bang for your buck. Like by all means happy clap off to sunspel and buy a £120 happy clapper polo shirt, but nobody is going to tell the difference and it probably won't be more comfortable. 

I saw a pair of trainers and smart casual shoes I liked in M&S. Is this the beginning of the end for me? I think staying in an all inclusive happy clapper resort has fundamentally changed me

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I saw a pair of trainers and smart casual shoes I liked in M&S. Is this the beginning of the end for me? I think staying in an all inclusive happy clapper resort has fundamentally changed me

Before you know it you'll be holidaying in Halkidiki, leasing an EV BMW and buying a new build lol

  • Sad 1
Posted
1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I saw a pair of trainers and smart casual shoes I liked in M&S. Is this the beginning of the end for me? I think staying in an all inclusive happy clapper resort has fundamentally changed me

Embrace the change!

I'm 60 and I started buying clothes in M&S about 5 years ago

Do you spend your Saturday mornings in IKEA and your Sunday mornings in a garden centre? If yes, then you are middle-aged and middle class

  • Haha 1
Posted

The Man City case in the long term will benefit those who are already very rich with huge advantages and those who missed out will continue to. 

Posted
6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I saw a pair of trainers and smart casual shoes I liked in M&S. Is this the beginning of the end for me? I think staying in an all inclusive happy clapper resort has fundamentally changed me

Could you be tempted by a nice pair of tartan zip-up slippers and a mug of hot cocoa?

  • Haha 2
Posted

Currently wearing a lovely pair of relaxed fit joggers with a pleat from the M&S Autograph line. We simply have to break free from the shackles of dated office wear and demand a more comfortable, modern look. The Future is now imho

Posted
1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

The Future is now imho

And you know who said that? William Shakespeare.

 

Mind ...

 

Blown!

 

(I'm including the imho bit too.)

Posted
4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Currently wearing a lovely pair of relaxed fit joggers with a pleat from the M&S Autograph line. We simply have to break free from the shackles of dated office wear and demand a more comfortable, modern look. The Future is now imho

Women broke free decades ago

Completely agree and think working from home should have already been the catalyst

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...