Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Ben Marshall - Undr the Cosh

https://youtu.be/9wGw2DmTgbM

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

For those who don’t want to watch 2hr plus video, the Leicester bit starts at just after 39mins.

Some interesting/funny bits:

1. Pearson and his coaching staff would have a shot of Vodka before a game - Vardy, whether he was starting or not, would join them.

2. Matt Mills is/was a tit.

3. Mills was head butted by Pearson (according to the video).

4. Vardy really did love to party. The Ibiza rep job offer was very much true.

5. Pearson was great as was the squad at that time. A really good bunch.

6. Blames his downfall at Leicester (and elsewhere) down to his lifestyle - admits in other parts of the video showing up stinking of alcohol to training. 

7. Explains his gesture to the fans at Barnsley.

Always thought he’d go on to be a superstar at Leicester but application is as is important as talent. 

Also, according to Marshall, we shouldn’t only be referencing Soy and his massive cock - Vardy apparently holds that mantle. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

I always think it gets overstated what Marshall's level could have been if it wasn't for his personal issues.

He was ok for us, nothing more. Decent technician, good strike on him but I didn't see too many more raw tools which would suggest he could really be anything other than a decent Championship player. 

When you consider we replaced him with Riyad, your comments are very true. 

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

More and more proof of Pearson's recklessness comes out, more and more you have to admire Kun Vichais decision of dumping him.

what sacking off worst singing in club history within 3 months of coming into contact with with him and replacing him with wes?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, martyn said:

I always think it gets overstated what Marshall's level could have been if it wasn't for his personal issues.

He was ok for us, nothing more. Decent technician, good strike on him but I didn't see too many more raw tools which would suggest he could really be anything other than a decent Championship player. 

Yep.. couldn’t beat a man, not very quick and occasionally scored the odd wonder goal to mask shite performances 

25 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://youtu.be/9wGw2DmTgbM

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

For those who don’t want to watch 2hr plus video, the Leicester bit starts at just after 39mins.

Some interesting/funny bits:

1. Pearson and his coaching staff would have a shot of Vodka before a game - Vardy, whether he was starting or not, would join them.

2. Matt Mills is/was a tit.

3. Mills was head butted by Pearson (according to the video).

4. Vardy really did love to party. The Ibiza rep job offer was very much true.

5. Pearson was great as was the squad at that time. A really good bunch.

6. Blames his downfall at Leicester (and elsewhere) down to his lifestyle - admits in other parts of the video showing up stinking of alcohol to training. 

7. Explains his gesture to the fans at Barnsley.

Always thought he’d go on to be a superstar at Leicester but application is as is important as talent. 

Also, according to Marshall, we shouldn’t only be referencing Soy and his massive cock - Vardy apparently holds that mantle. 

came across as not the brightest

Chose drinking over his football and gloated over it at times

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can remember how exciting he was after years of watching dross! Definitely one you can say had the talent but didn't come close to fulfilling his potential 

11 minutes ago, martyn said:

Both true.

1st felt "more true" for me, but on reflection, the contrast is obviously massive.

And then this bad boy comes along and reminds us just how much of an improvement we have seen since those days.

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

When you consider we replaced him with Riyad, your comments are very true. 

Marshall felt like the one that got away, as did mark davies/david, but we are comparing apples with oranges when looking at how lucky we are now.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Both true.

1st felt "more true" for me, but on reflection, the contrast is obviously massive.

And then this bad boy comes along and reminds us just how much of an improvement we have seen since those days.

Marshall felt like the one that got away, as did mark davies/david, but we are comparing apples with oranges when looking at how lucky we are now.

Yeah he just came after a time of watching Levein and Holloway teams with zero flair or anything to cause excitement. Maybe he was shit on reflection but there was definitely a buzz around him at the time. Remember that goal against Chelsea vividly

Just now, foxfanazer said:

And bringing him back, and also employing him for Leuven. But good point :thumbup:

I believe Kun being the type of person he is have Pearson another chance.  I'm sure Pearson from his failures realised what a moron he had been and must have asked for reconciliation.

There is no way a Championship manager would go to the depths of Belgium second tier unless they were desperate.

15 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

More and more proof of Pearson's recklessness comes out, more and more you have to admire Kun Vichais decision of dumping him.

Pearson and Shakey funny really, how they make such a good team together but it terms of personaility there completely different. I mean Shakey always comes across as warm, polite, approachable and respectful certainly towards the press media. While Pearson takes goes out and takes no prisoners...says what he wants and makes it clear who he doesn't like and would remain quite cagey on some matters. Yet together they achieve so much. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Baffles me that any Leicester fan needs convincing of Pearson's importance to this football club so I won't even attempt to

He was immense for us, he created the foundation for our prem title.  However did does not absolve his poor behaviours and recklessness, there are some things that go above there individual importance.  No manager or player is more important then the club, the owners always put the club first.

As much as he done for the club, his sacking looking back came at the right time. He did his job getting the club to the premier league and keep us up against the odds. However off the field he was just a lose cannon on deck. I think in terms of commercially Pearson was at risk of damaging the club with his comments to the media and to some fans. I think he lost his job the day he shouted abuse at fan... a step too far. The antics of his son was the final nail in the coffin. It sad really of the clubs most successful manager was probably also the most hardest manager to deal with.

Edited by Leicesterpool