Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

22 hours ago, SO1 said:

Really hope Beaglehole, Rudkin and Rodgers aren't sitting in an office figuring out this stuff on the fly.

You know, hands in the air, accusations flying. My hope is that Rodgers and Beaglehole are working hard together to focus the academy on what the first team needs and how to get there. Thomas was last years new find and I'm really hoping for 1 if not 2 more this year. Surprise me.

Doesn't Rodgers have enough to do:dunno:

This is the problem. BR has said time and again whether at Celtic or here that he wants closer alignment with the development side of the club with his coaches and the development squads. 

It has never made any sense to me where you have a first team manager who is moulding the 25 man first team sqaud including player transfers and exits and yet the style of play that BR is instigating isn't being reflected in the development players we are bringing in to mould in the same way and with the same style of football. I'll add the caveat that this wouldn't work with Puel or Pearson etc because we are on a massive football style change that BR has always been known for and that is paying dividends for. I believe that BR should be doing what he loves and does best, and if our development structure cannot change and play catch up (it cannot get any worse) then we'll reap the further shitty benefits and continue to go backwards.

On 16/01/2021 at 11:12, UHDrive said:

This is the problem. BR has said time and again whether at Celtic or here that he wants closer alignment with the development side of the club with his coaches and the development squads. 

It has never made any sense to me where you have a first team manager who is moulding the 25 man first team sqaud including player transfers and exits and yet the style of play that BR is instigating isn't being reflected in the development players we are bringing in to mould in the same way and with the same style of football. I'll add the caveat that this wouldn't work with Puel or Pearson etc because we are on a massive football style change that BR has always been known for and that is paying dividends for. I believe that BR should be doing what he loves and does best, and if our development structure cannot change and play catch up (it cannot get any worse) then we'll reap the further shitty benefits and continue to go backwards.

To be fair Puel seemed to be the one who started the move to possession football. He's the one who laid the groundwork and took the hits. Rodgers could never have come here and had the success he's had without that.  Liverpool spent the better part of a season before they could press and play the ball from the back confidently and competently. Took me a half season before I stopped grinding my teeth watching the defenders play the ball from the back on the floor(same at Celtic). You guys had it easy in comparison.  Puel just couldn't get the goals he needed to make it work.

Rodgers is definitely after a one club style/philosophy. As in everything feeding the first team.

I'm just not sure that the same time frame is used to evaluate play on the field vs. progress in the Academy.

We seem to have the physical (Seagrave) but are still working on upgrading the scouting/teaching aspects of that. I don't see academy staff as being stuck in teaching/coaching one type of football philosophy. Surely these coaches are highly trained and educated professionals versed in the ability to change if necessary. Or further their education of their craft if need be.

I need to have patience as this is a topic(teaching Football) of which I have little understanding. Thats part of the enjoyment for me watching how things go together. That's how I learn. Watch and Learn.

8 hours ago, Mash21 said:

Same with admiral muskwe, he's 22 now and clearly not good enough.

To be fair, I know one swallow doesn't make a summer (but it can make a top night, right lads??!!!!!), but the Wycombe fans were delighted with him after his debut.

Some develop later than others and maybe Admiral just needs some regular first team football. I do agree that he's probably run his race, overblown his toblerone, fritzed his ritz, shot his load, or whatever other popular phrase you want to use about it, here, but I do hope he does well elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

To be fair, I know one swallow doesn't make a summer (but it can make a top night, right lads??!!!!!), but the Wycombe fans were delighted with him after his debut.

Some develop later than others and maybe Admiral just needs some regular first team football. I do agree that he's probably run his race, overblown his toblerone, fritzed his ritz, shot his load, or whatever other popular phrase you want to use about it, here, but I do hope he does well elsewhere.

Never say never but I think that he is probably going to be a league 1/ championship striker. Would love to see him breakthrough and we could give him a chance in the future but if not, good luck to him for the rest of his career. He's playing for the Zimbabwe national team (which isn't really saying much) but he is still an International and could help him attract attention from certain championship club.

• Like 1