Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Anyone think ings will play? Personally think it was just a smokescreen- if he's back in training yesterday he'll play.

I reckon he'll be on the bench. He's not trained for nearly 2 weeks and his body is in pieces.

• Like 1

Justin Fofana Evans Soy Castagne (With Ricardo coming in for a good 30 mins second half for either Castagne or Justin, whoever needs the rest the most)

...................Ndidi

Under Tielemans (Please don't get a card) Madders Barnes

...................Vardy

But it'll be Kevin instead of Under I would think - but you never know...

I rely on Guardian (free) and BBC web sites for general news.They also of course have sports and football sections. This morning I'm wondering if our match has been cancelled. It does n't upset me over much  as I like understated profiles but all the same i feel its a bit disrespectful to us and Saints. After all last week we achieved maybe the best result of the FA cup rounds, at least I think we did, a few seconds it seemed on MOTD. I believe Saints and Leicester have fewer enemies than most as football clubs go. 

As I say I don't particularly want to change it as when we achieve something huge like 2016 we get ample coverage but it does genuinely puzzle me.

46 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Are we not having a goalkeeper - or are we starting with 12 men? 

I was only saying in the Fofana thread I hoped Soy starts on the bench but the crafty shit has seemingly crept in to my starting line up?

Edited by Nick

52 minutes ago, Nick said:

Justin Fofana Evans Soy Castagne (With Ricardo coming in for a good 30 mins second half for either Castagne or Justin, whoever needs the rest the most)

...................Ndidi

Under Tielemans (Please don't get a card) Madders Barnes

...................Vardy

But it'll be Kevin instead of Under I would think - but you never know...

How many yellows is Youri on?

10 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I rely on Guardian (free) and BBC web sites for general news.They also of course have sports and football sections. This morning I'm wondering if our match has been cancelled. It does n't upset me over much  as I like understated profiles but all the same i feel its a bit disrespectful to us and Saints. After all last week we achieved maybe the best result of the FA cup rounds, at least I think we did, a few seconds it seemed on MOTD. I believe Saints and Leicester have fewer enemies than most as football clubs go. 

As I say I don't particularly want to change it as when we achieve something huge like 2016 we get ample coverage but it does genuinely puzzle me.

I'd been saying something similar this week. I don't want us to be over-hyped (Leeds) and I too like understated but there's understated and plain ignored. There's a snippet of praise here and there but not much credit for the fact we've constantly been in the Top 6 since August 2019. Perhaps it's just not a surprise we are where we are and good these days but a wee bit of credit where it's due wouldn't go amiss.

Since the 0-9 game, Southampton have improved significantly and deserve praise too.

Obviously, this weekend there's only one game that's going to get any coverage.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I thought the bookings are reset at the turn of the year? Or the first suspension is extended to 10 cards? 

I did but I read that they've got to get through the next fixture first?

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'd been saying something similar this week. I don't want us to be over-hyped (Leeds) and I too like understated but there's understated and plain ignored. There's a snippet of praise here and there but not much credit for the fact we've constantly been in the Top 6 since August 2019. Perhaps it's just not a surprise we are where we are and good these days but a wee bit of credit where it's due wouldn't go amiss.

Since the 0-9 game, Southampton have improved significantly and deserve praise too.

Obviously, this weekend there's only one game that's going to get any coverage.

I suppose its some consolation that if we lose ( don't even want to think it) we might miss some of the slating one half of the L'poo/United pair will get. its not even that we're a "beige" team. I think we're good to watch. I suppose if Brendan were more like Cloughie we'd get more coverage but I'm pretty happy with his approach too.