Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

22 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

As much as I really really don’t want the football postponed it’s surely the most sensible option. I already can’t stand the fact some teams have played 2 games more than others, you can’t focus on the table or games coming up in case they’re cancelled or teams have players out which taints it either way. This game they’ve got ings out now which will have question marks over the rest of the squad and ultimately the fixture?

This may sound harsh, but the last thing we need is a backlog of games during the latter stage of the season. I’d sooner play when we can, even if that means we have played X more games then our rivals.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ings is definitely out for our game, their gaffer said so today

I can't find any reference where Ings has been ruled out?

It depends on how he has been affected by covid I suppose, but if he is fine he can play.  It's a ruse I reckon and I'm not falling for it.  Nice try Ralph.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I can't find any reference where Ings has been ruled out?

It depends on how he has been affected by covid I suppose, but if he is fine he can play.  It's a ruse I reckon and I'm not falling for it.  Nice try Ralph.

Saw this earlier but only half-watched it. Caption doesn’t quite 100% correlate with the video. Maybe links back to the Liverpool game rather than our upcoming game. Will have to see 

Not naturally pessimistic, but always WARY when it sounds as if the opposition is decimated and short-handed... :ph34r:

And it looks like Ings, Vestergaard, Redmond, Djenepo, Obafemi, and Tella (scored 4 vs our U23s) will be unavailable for the Saints. 

Screenshot_20210114-143534.png

Edited by NaijaFox

6 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I find it highly unlikely that Ings will feature at all this weekend for Soton

A good weekend to play them given their injuries.

He will certainly be a big miss for them. Hoping he makes a full recovery and as the song goes ‘Ings can only get better’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hampshire's equivalent of the Merc - today's headline  - And Typical of the Merc in that it tells us nothing.

Ralph Hasenhuttl offers Southampton fans fresh Danny Ings hope as he drops Leicester City hint

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says Danny Ings could feature against Leicester City on Saturday if he can deliver a negative COVID-19 test.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/danny-ings-news-southampton-coronavirus-4890250

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says striker Danny Ings "could come back" in time for Saturday's clash with Leicester City.

The former Liverpool man tested positive for COVID-19 last week and is now on the tenth day of his self-isolation period.

However, he is yet to return a negative coronavirus test, halting his return to training.

Currently, the Saints striker looks set to miss out on this weekend's action altogether but Hasenhuttl says he is not entirely ruled out yet.

Should he test negative and start on Saturday, the 28-year-old will partner Che Adams in attack who is now back in the fold following some time out to recover from a concussion.

"I don't know if he could come back," Hasenhuttl revealed, looking ahead to the weekend as he explained Ings' current COVID-19 situation.

"We will have a look when that is possible with the testing that he is doing all the time.

"It seems that he is out, yes."

He continued: "We always get told that you can be contagious before they get a positive test, yeah?

"He was the only case and we were scared about it and what happens next. He was the only case, though, and now it seems the way we are handling everything here and the way we are working together is keeping us in a safe environment."

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hampshire's equivalent of the Merc - today's headline  - And Typical of the Merc in that it tells us nothing.

Ralph Hasenhuttl offers Southampton fans fresh Danny Ings hope as he drops Leicester City hint

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says Danny Ings could feature against Leicester City on Saturday if he can deliver a negative COVID-19 test.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/danny-ings-news-southampton-coronavirus-4890250

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says striker Danny Ings "could come back" in time for Saturday's clash with Leicester City.

The former Liverpool man tested positive for COVID-19 last week and is now on the tenth day of his self-isolation period.

However, he is yet to return a negative coronavirus test, halting his return to training.

Currently, the Saints striker looks set to miss out on this weekend's action altogether but Hasenhuttl says he is not entirely ruled out yet.

Should he test negative and start on Saturday, the 28-year-old will partner Che Adams in attack who is now back in the fold following some time out to recover from a concussion.

"I don't know if he could come back," Hasenhuttl revealed, looking ahead to the weekend as he explained Ings' current COVID-19 situation.

"We will have a look when that is possible with the testing that he is doing all the time.

"It seems that he is out, yes."

He continued: "We always get told that you can be contagious before they get a positive test, yeah?

"He was the only case and we were scared about it and what happens next. He was the only case, though, and now it seems the way we are handling everything here and the way we are working together is keeping us in a safe environment."

You can test positive for upto 90 days so I'd be very suprised,  almost suspicious,  if he delivered a negative result a few days later.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but given how sh!te we are at set-pieces, this is slightly worrying: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/15/secrets-of-hasenhuttl-southampton-success-set-plays-and-self-criticism The key quopte is "This season no team in the division have scored more goals from set pieces [than Saints]" and I think I'm right in saying that no team has conceded as many from set pieces as we have..

Let's hope that Rodgers has devoted some time this week to showing the lads how to defend against corners and free kicks.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

Youri on 4 bookings. Would be awful if he and Praet were to miss Chelsea.

Oh man, it's going to be Mendy and Ndidi against Chelsea isn't it?

Youri has definitely been a bit more cynical this season, noticed Maddison trying to stop counter attacks too in the last couple of games too. 

9 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but given how sh!te we are at set-pieces, this is slightly worrying: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/15/secrets-of-hasenhuttl-southampton-success-set-plays-and-self-criticism The key quopte is "This season no team in the division have scored more goals from set pieces [than Saints]" and I think I'm right in saying that no team has conceded as many from set pieces as we have..

Let's hope that Rodgers has devoted some time this week to showing the lads how to defend against corners and free kicks.

Thankfully Vestergaard is out

• Like 3