Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

Not gonna be easy at all. They have the firepower to punish us if we ain't full on it. We're the better side though so no reason to not play for the win. Got nothing but respect for them for how they've performed so far this season 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How many times will the pundits and commentators mention the 9-0? I'm going for a conservative 15 times

It'll be 3021 and they'll still be saying "since Southampton lost 0-9..."

Could arguably be one of our toughest games of the season.

4-1-4-1 which can transition in to a 4-3-3 when required...

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Ndidi

Albrighton - Tielemans - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

Need to be out of the blocks quick and if we can get an early goal and then control the game, then all the better for us. They're so organised and functional I think it could end up being quite a cagey game. Hopefully our quality will show on the day like it has done today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

They are a really, really good team. Since we battered them, Hassenhutl has done wonders with them and has proved himself to be a brilliant coach. If we ever lost Rodgers, he would be my first pick as a replacement, though most likely Ralph himself ends up at a bigger club! Crazy really how the likes of Arteta, Lampard, Ole are in charge of huge clubs when you have such a great coach like this in charge of a smaller team.

I'll go for a score draw, with any result possible. These guys really compete for the game and press hard, so if we are not on it, the game will be lost. We actually lost the game at home against them after the 9-0 win where they simply out battled us all day long. We even got a fortunate goal to take the lead in that one, but they won 2-1 and really they should have won by miles more.

At the same time, we are in good form ourselves and playing well. So if they are not on it we can also embarrass them too. Should be a good game to watch regardless I think.

What was incredible though, we had 2 goals ruled out by VAR and both were incredibly borderline IMO, could have won it haha.

• Haha 1

Difficult game. I do worry about JWP delivery from set pieces and our woeful defending from it. 
I’d go with 

Kasper 

Justin Evans Fofana Castagne    
                 Ndidi 
     Tielemans  Maddison 

Perez  Barnes 

Vardy 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could arguably be one of our toughest games of the season.

4-1-4-1 which can transition in to a 4-3-3 when required...

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Ndidi

Albrighton - Tielemans - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

Need to be out of the blocks quick and if we can get an early goal and then control the game, then all the better for us. They're so organised and functional I think it could end up being quite a cagey game. Hopefully our quality will show on the day like it has done today.

You look at that side and think wow then you look at the bench and see

Ward,

Thomas,

Cags,

Ricardo,

Under,

Mendy,

Perez,

Nacho,

Fuchs/Morgan

(ideally a U23 in there somewhere)

and then think we got this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Difficult game. I do worry about JWP delivery from set pieces and our woeful defending from it. 
I’d go with 

Kasper 

Justin Evans Fofana Castagne    
                 Ndidi 
     Tielemans  Maddison 

Perez  Barnes 

Vardy 

...very narrow, I think we need to impose ourselves on them but that seems quite lightweight!!!

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A real test this is, one I am quietly confident we can win. Will be a great tactical game, our midfield is superb right now and that was what cost us vs them at home last season.

...I  feel if they press Tielemans the advantage will swing their way!!!

Unless we find another outlet I  think we will struggle to open them up.