Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

23 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Staying healthy is a competitive issue. If clubs allow their player to dice with their health then they will endure the downside. 

I hope our club has control of players' behavior

It's a pretty grim truth, but I think you are right, it's a challenge to the players and staff professionalism.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

10 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

What’s with the miserable doom and gloom merchants!

negative thoughts give negative emotions... positive thoughts give positive outcomes!!

sadly we will lose 🤣

I’ve been positive all my life and everything has been consistently shite. The one time I had a Debbie downer on the team we won the fuching league. You do the maths. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, adejo92 said:

You can test positive for upto 90 days so I'd be very suprised,  almost suspicious,  if he delivered a negative result a few days later.

Who cares if Ings is in / out, this is exactly what Ralphy boy wants lots off wondering. Plan for the worst hope for the best, we can take these with a fully fit squad. 3 to 1 for us, eont be easy but I got a feeling we're going to turn up for this one Vardy to score 2 Barnesy to score 1. Come on the Foxes!

I rate Ings, Hassenhutll, and Soton. I don't care if Ings plays and forecasting is always diificult but I think we will win. However I'm not forecasting the score and I won't be beating myself up if we don't win as its just my forecast. In the company we are now keeping again ,a draw is almost as bad as a loss. Also regardless of tomorrows outcome I think we will finish above Man U. That if correct means a loss is not quite fatal ,as the odds are we will finish below Man C. and L'pool but that still leaves 2 other top 4 places. We are at home and have IMO a better team.,squad, and manager(just). At the moment it looks to me as if 2 of the top 4 will be between us, Everton and Soton but its bound to look a little different as the season progresses.

21 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I have a professional relationship with Southampton. The night of the massacre, I was texting one for their coaching staff who was I n the ground for the match. Even in the  rain, he was pretty  chipper. At 0-1, he still sounded upbeat. By 0-2 he was confessing to being cold and wet. By 0-3, he’d stopped responding. I still haven’t heard from him since  😂

A member of the coaching staff or Ryan Bertrand? 

• Haha 1

If any team will be motivated to play against us it will be Southampton. We embarrassed them and although they got their revenge in the reverse fixture last season, I think the amount of times it is mentioned in the media still will give them extra motivation. Every time sky or another TV station does a Soton game there is a reference to this result which was now over 1 year and 2 months ago. 

I'm hoping that we have too much quality and Ings will be a huge loss for them but there's no doubt they'll be up for it. 

I hope there's no talk amongst our players about this idea that we're destined to be out worked by a team that we once thrashed 14 months ago. Self fulfilling prophecies and all..

Edited by Fktf

13 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve been positive all my life and everything has been consistently shite. The one time I had a Debbie downer on the team we won the fuching league. You do the maths. 

ying n yang

we're gonna lose 3-0 today

Edited by whoareyaaa

Lets not forget ....Sotons last game in the league was a win against Liverpool. They're a seriously good outfit. I think a draw is on the cards (even if they don't have Ings). 

I just hope we don't have another west ham/villa/Fulham/Everton home performance. Our home form since coming back from the first lock down is a concern! 

Not necessarily against Southampton, but I'd love to see this formation when we play a team that will be able to push us back;

Vardy

Barnes Perez

Castagne Tielemans Ndidi Ricardo

Fofana Evans Justin

In defence a difficult to penetrate 5-4-1 with plenty of defensive cover, but when we control possession, with Vardy, Barnes and Perez all interchanging positions in the centre, and Castagne and Ricardo/Justin providing width, I feel like it would also be very dangerous. It could get the most out of a lot of our players, I feel, especially if Justin is given some licence to overlap Ricardo like he has done at points from the centre back position. The only major problem I could foresee is our central build up play if Tielemans was shut down, but even then I feel like we could still get some penetration from Ricardo and Fofana's driving central runs, not to mention that Ndidi has seemingly improved his passing since his injury.

In games where we expect to dominate possession, though, four at the back would probably be better still.