Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

On 10/01/2021 at 20:44, daddylonglegs said:

Think we played brilliantly against Stoke but can’t see us winning this. At home we’ve been really poor and Southampton are great defensively & on the counter attack.

Would snap your hand off for a draw. 

I think we need 3 points. OK no one can guarantee that but we need them looking at games in hand for Man c, Man u and maybe even Villa.

• Like 1

Our next 3 games (Saints, Everton, Chelsea) are going to be tough and will go a long way to opening up the top end of the table. 1W 2D would do us nicely in my opinion. Most important thing is making sure we don’t lose these, essentially all three games are 6 pointers.

This is a team we should be beating. They’re a very good side and having a great season. But we are better. How many of their players gets in our starting eleven? 

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Just throwing it out there but with how Southampton attack I'd consider starting Fofana and Cags in defence and if we need more width later in the game them bring on Evan's in a back 3.

Evans has been really good in the last couple of games tbf but him and chilwell were targetted heavily by southampton's press in their 2-1 win, i think we need to start cags and fofana cos theyre more press resistant and better passers so that we dont get caught on the ball like we did last time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Remember that game against Southampton?

Ok, not the last game we played Southampton, that was horrible, no, I’m talking about the one before where we beat them 9-0, yeah that’s the one.

Utterly unforgettable to any Leicester Fan, yet the complete polar opposite for any Saints fan.

Buggerishly, I missed this game as I was away working.

I was staying in a remote’ish “hotel” and 4G wasn’t an option, so I had to make do with the hotel’s bootlace thin wi-fi. Fortunately, the wi-fi signal was just enough to feed the BBC Sports App showing me the Live Updates.

The first opportunity I had to check the score it displayed 5-0…eh? errrrr let me just check that again. We’d recently beaten Newcastle 5-0 over 90 minutes, so to be 5-0 up after 45 minutes seemed closer to an App glitch rather than reality. I quickly scrolled down through the updates and errr…yes it was absolutely right. I then spent the second half thumbing a refresh every 5 seconds. Obviously, I wish I’d have watched the actual game, but I doubt I will ever enjoy watching a Leicester game on a live update blog as that one.

It was a huge moment in both teams seasons. For us, it was like eating a McDonalds Breakfast, we gained such a high rush, but we then suffered a major crash soon afterwards, we never came anywhere close to enjoying such a moment for the rest of that season.

For Southampton, it was a pivotal and Hasenhüttl did well afterwards. Instead of retiring to his Austrian rabbit hutch, he stayed and won his reputation back and has since managed his team to where they are today, fair play.

Here is a little trivia surrounding the number 9 from that game.

9%.

At 9%, bizarrely and unexplainably, it was Special Brew is what the Southampton team drank before the game, allegedly.

9 Minutes.

The first person to leave St.Mary’s that night was recorded at 9 minutes. Nothing to do with having a bad feeling about the game, just a highly strung individual who is paranoid about getting stuck in traffic. She was the only Southampton supporter that didn’t request a refund that night.

9 cm’s of Rain.

9 centimetres of rain fell during the game. On the back of a successful 5-0 drubbing of Newcastle in such similar conditions, Sir Lewis Hamilton claimed “They are the only team that can compete with me in the rain”

Joe 90.

“Joe 9-0” Unfortunately nobody will ever see this fantastic idea Specsavers had for a commercial scripted around this game. Southampton said they didn’t find it funny.

Directly linked to the game, Hampshire Constabulary allegedly received 9 emergency phone calls that night ranging from GBH, Murder, Burglary, Arson and oddly Sheep Rustling, A Communications Officer for the Constabulary later confirmed the Sheep Rustling alerter wasn’t a Southampton fan and the case remains open.

If @Danny Clender doesn't win the day with this post, I'm resigning lol 

Edited by nwl fox
  • Haha 1