Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

The only two comforts I can derive from this are:

- it's still 1-1 with two to play and two tosses to win, as that seems to be a prevailing factor here.

- hopefully come the summer the Indian batsmen (Kohli aside) will look as out of their depth as the England batsmen (Root aside) do here and as they have the last few times they've toured England.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

The only two comforts I can derive from this are:

- it's still 1-1 with two to play and two tosses to win, as that seems to be a prevailing factor here.

- hopefully come the summer the Indian batsmen (Kohli aside) will look as out of their depth as the England batsmen (Root aside) do here and as they have the last few times they've toured England.

Don't prepare the pitches too green okay :ph34r:

It's still a while away but as good as the series will most likely be, England will come out on top. You generally do at home regardless of opposition. As much as this Indian side has grown in confidence and talent, I can't see them winning a tour in England. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Fair play, back down to earth with a bump. Thank god we don’t have to play another test in Chennai. 

Day/night game will be interesting. No idea what the pitch is like in Ahmedabad plus it's a new expanded stadium. Feel it'll be some kind of leveller for both sides. 

Well played India, just better in those conditions unsurprisingly. Game was lost letting India get to 300 on day 1. Leach and Mooen got wickets but took too many runs to get them. Winning in India is the biggest challenge in cricket. 

The problem with getting pitches green for when India tour England is that England's top order are vulnerable to that too lol

Edited by RowlattsFox

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Day/night game will be interesting. No idea what the pitch is like in Ahmedabad plus it's a new expanded stadium. Feel it'll be some kind of leveller for both sides. 

At least we won’t have to get up so early for the day night lol 

I would make India favourites for the series now. Can see the next test being a draw and India taking the final test with another pitch causing havoc. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

At least we won’t have to get up so early for the day night lol 

I would make India favourites for the series now. Can see the next test being a draw and India taking the final test with another pitch causing havoc. 

Haha yes it's perfect timings really! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Haha yes it's perfect timings really! 

8am start our time?

Would like to see us bowl Broad and Anderson together, along with Bess and Mooen for the next one. Leach can’t bat and although he gets wickets in the end, they come very expensive. Especially against Pant. 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

8am start our time?

Would like to see us bowl Broad and Anderson together, along with Bess and Mooen for the next one. Leach can’t bat and although he gets wickets in the end, they come very expensive. Especially against Pant. 

9am I think. 

I think that's a formidable bowling attack to be very wary of. Anderson can perform in pretty much any conditions. 

Pant will miss Leach :( lol

T20s and ODIs start at good times too! 

Depends on the pitch but I'd be surprised if Broad played again this tour. Archer hopefully back, Wood joining the tour too and I think they'll want the extra pace alongside Anderson. Stone didn't do much wrong either from the bits I saw. 

Baristow in for Lawrence next match. Crawley might be available too but Jonny should get the nod.

Difficulty for England is with all the resting, players are coming in with not much cricket, Modern and Foakes not played test cricket for ages, Stokes wasn't in Sri Lanka and has looked rusty, same for Pope 

Has there been a day/night in India before? Be interesting to see how a pitch spins at night. 

FFS! lollollol 

Most runs during the 2nd Test:

187 - Rohit Sharma
164 - England's 2nd inns
161 - Rohit in 1st inns
134 - England's 1st inns
119 - Ravichandran Ashwin
106 - Ashwin in 2nd inns
80 - Rohit in 1st session

• Haha 1

We'll no doubt have Bumrah back as well. Probably be in for Kuldeep.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has there been a day/night in India before? Be interesting to see how a pitch spins at night. 

Yeah against Bangladesh couple years ago. Won it quite convincingly. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Don't prepare the pitches too green okay :ph34r:

It's still a while away but as good as the series will most likely be, England will come out on top. You generally do at home regardless of opposition. As much as this Indian side has grown in confidence and talent, I can't see them winning a tour in England. 

After what that groundsman just pulled the ECB should be sorting a Test in Durham with the weather set cloudy for all five days. :D

On 16/02/2021 at 14:23, StanSP said:

Moeen Ali's going back home then. Was it the plan only to have him for 1 test :dunno:

Seems like it, doesn't help when he plays well. Let's not forget he had Covid and was stuck in a hotel room for 14 days in Sri Lanka.

This is a serious test of players well-being at the moment, it's barely even a tour, just playing (or not) then back to hotel rooms on your own.

• Like 2

Telegraph reporting the counties are hopeful of getting fans in for the season's start, which is great news.

Problem is they're on about possibly only allowing the vaccinated in, which is a massive gut punch for those of us who will likely be right at the back of the queue. :(

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Telegraph reporting the counties are hopeful of getting fans in for the season's start, which is great news.

Problem is they're on about possibly only allowing the vaccinated in, which is a massive gut punch for those of us who will likely be right at the back of the queue. :(

Annoying, but if that's what it takes I'm happy to wait. Counties need the cash and I'd rather sit at home and be jealous of those who can go than no one be allowed in at all. 

Optimistically got tickets for the India test at Trent Bridge. If I'm in for that, I'm a very happy bunny. 

24 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Annoying, but if that's what it takes I'm happy to wait. Counties need the cash and I'd rather sit at home and be jealous of those who can go than no one be allowed in at all. 

Optimistically got tickets for the India test at Trent Bridge. If I'm in for that, I'm a very happy bunny. 

Yeah likewise, I think.

I'm due for the Saturday at Old Trafford. Will be the bender to end all benders if that's the first sporting event I get to...

On 21/02/2021 at 10:02, Voll Blau said:

The good news is,the average demographic for First Class county cricket is already laughing.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 10:02, Voll Blau said:

You’ll likely be able to get in towards the back of The season though? Better than nothing!

anyway, interesting we’ve only gone with one spinner for this test!