Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I thought that actually was a joke answer but just Googled and it's actually true :o 

Yeah I was doubting myself when I wrote that even though I was fairly certain. Don't think sky have had the india games for a couple years as BCCI wanted too much for them.

Really shit.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

If our spinners are this ineffective in India it's going to be 2016 all over again - scoring 450-odd only for India to get 700-odd and win by an innings.

It’s ridiculous that none has taken a wicket but they’ve done a reasonable job at containment and haven’t been terrible . Ali and Rashid are so much better though 

31 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ridiculous that fielders claim catches they know have hit the deck with all the cameras and replay coverage available to off field adjudicator 

Sometimes they genuinely might think it might not have. It can actually be really close and the whole 'fingers under the ball' argument comes in to play. Even with zoomed in cameras it can still be difficult to tell. I've not seen the incident you speak of so it might be blatant and your point stands if so. It's like with Buttler's dismissal earlier. It's quite easy to say that he surely must have felt the ball hit his boot after the bat and popped up - but even the umpires got it wrong; I can only guess they thought it didn't hit the foot at all but on replays, it's quite clear. Real-time is very different.

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sometimes they genuinely might think it might not have. It can actually be really close and the whole 'fingers under the ball' argument comes in to play. Even with zoomed in cameras it can still be difficult to tell. I've not seen the incident you speak of so it might be blatant and your point stands if so. It's like with Buttler's dismissal earlier. It's quite easy to say that he surely must have felt the ball hit his boot after the bat and popped up - but even the umpires got it wrong; I can only guess they thought it didn't hit the foot at all but on replays, it's quite clear. Real-time is very different.

Yes I agree that can be the case and the soft signal on field was out . Bess however knew straight away that it wasn’t a clean catch and the more they replayed the incident the more obvious it was that he took it on the half volley .

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Member when you lot where slagging our spinners off. 

glorious display.

I'm happy to take pelters now they're proving me wrong.

I'm not sure that Kohli, Rohit and company will be as reckless with their shot selection as the SL lineup have been here, though.