Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Kelechi would be too shit. I wouldn't sign him for my son's under 5's team. I'd much rather have had Slimani and that's saying something.

The opposition are so poor kelechi would probably do ok up there. Before he came to Leicester his conversion rate was the best in the premier league. Run of games might get you a decent player. Most players look rubbish playing once every 3 months 

• Like 3

Just now, Heymister2015 said:

The opposition are so poor kelechi would probably do ok up there. Before he came to Leicester his conversion rate was the best in the premier league. Run of games might get you a decent player. Most players look rubbish playing once every 3 months 

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Celtic park, ever. I struggle to ever see anything he is actually effective at other than disappearing like a ghost.

I know Scottish football is crap but plenty of players from down south have came up and struggled and he has this written all over him.

A lot of people told me on here Andy King would be like Zidane in the SPFL and he couldn't make Rangers bench.

The standard is crap but it's so blood and thunder that a lot of players who have done well in England struggle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

It’s funny how Edouard a hero and 6 months later not bothered if he leaves. Shows how fickle football fans are! 

It's not anything personal against Edouard. Everyone knew he'd leave at some stage, our season is already over, his contract is running down so we need to get money for him while we can to finance some sort of rebuild. He'll always be remembered fondly among Celtic fans as over the piece he's been a terrific player for us.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not like we are any different? Players are sometimes flavor of the month. Right now i'd bundle Kalechi into my car and drop him off anywhere... After the Everton winner I was willing to marry the bloke. 

Football fans in being fickle. What a new fangled idea that one is!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Everyone knows the team a day before kick off too right? And that under was signing a month before it was announced?

He left a crazy contract in the states and took up a player/coach role at Derby. You dont need to be Mystic F****ing Meg to have saw this coming. 

Same as this info he has passed on. Rodgers signed French Eddy for Celtic, he is available to sign for a decent fee and we could do with a striker. He's hardly going out on a limb by saying we are CONSIDERING a deal, is he now?

SFE spoke about the Under deal AGES before and regularly drops the team the night before games... Still wouldnt call him a reliable ITK though, would you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, filbertway said:

If Iheanacho started week in week out in the SPL for Celtic he'd be hitting 25-30 a season no sweat

We'll need to agree to disagree but better players than him have came up here and struggled. One smash from the back from Declan Gallagher of Motherwell or something like that and he'd go missing. He has the heart of a mouse, which typically is the thign that trumps all else in scottish football in whether you are a success or not, even ability.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Ok, take this with a dose of salt, I'm not saying he is as good or ever will be anywhere close to as good but his style is a lot like Thierry Henry's was. He plays as a central striker but naturally drifts left and is effective at both picking the ball up from this position and runnng at defenders and running in behind. He has the same languid, nonchalant style as well that sometimes can be mistaken for looking as if he can't be arsed lol

Is he any good at holding up the ball? He looks like he has the build to do so and I think that's the kind of player we need.

Completely understand your point on Iheanacho, SPL will be physical and I don't think he will want that battle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Ok, take this with a dose of salt, I'm not saying he is as good or ever will be anywhere close to as good but his style is a lot like Thierry Henry's was. He plays as a central striker but naturally drifts left and is effective at both picking the ball up from this position and runnng at defenders and running in behind. He has the same languid, nonchalant style as well that sometimes can be mistaken for looking as if he can't be arsed lol

I said the same to my mates, he reminds me a lot of Henry, takes up the same positions as he did like you say drifting out wide and coming in from that right flank. He also has unbelievable control, similar to Mahrez.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Is he any good at holding up the ball? He looks like he has the build to do so and I think that's the kind of player we need.

Completely understand your point on Iheanacho, SPL will be physical and I don't think he will want that battle.

Yeah he's got a great first touch and physically is big and strong. There is a bit of work to do in building him back up though as I think covid hit him hard as he looks visibly very much thinner than last season and I think that has had an effect on his form this season, along with our general shityness of course. He really didn't have any weight to lose as well.

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He left a crazy contract in the states and took up a player/coach role at Derby. You dont need to be Mystic F****ing Meg to have saw this coming. 

Same as this info he has passed on. Rodgers signed French Eddy for Celtic, he is available to sign for a decent fee and we could do with a striker. He's hardly going out on a limb by saying we are CONSIDERING a deal, is he now?

SFE spoke about the Under deal AGES before and regularly drops the team the night before games... Still wouldnt call him a reliable ITK though, would you?

Hes better than most tbh. I don't think SFE has commented on efouard either.

Not convinced by this guy but haven't watched him as frequently as celtic fans obviously. Feels like another Slimani situation where the stats aren't extraordinary and his career to date suggests he's not been overlooked as a hidden gem. If he was under £10m taking a punt is one thing but I imagine it would be a £20m major transfer with significant stress on the wage bill.

1 minute ago, moseeds said:

Not convinced by this guy but haven't watched him as frequently as celtic fans obviously. Feels like another Slimani situation where the stats aren't extraordinary and his career to date suggests he's not been overlooked as a hidden gem. If he was under £10m taking a punt is one thing but I imagine it would be a £20m major transfer with significant stress on the wage bill.

You couldn't be more wrong on the latter, he is on under 10k per week at Celtic and I know that as a cast iron fact.

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

We'll need to agree to disagree but better players than him have came up here and struggled. One smash from the back from Declan Gallagher of Motherwell or something like that and he'd go missing. He has the heart of a mouse, which typically is the thign that trumps all else in scottish football in whether you are a success or not, even ability.

No offense mate but Iheanacho is actually the type of player that does well in the spl. His strengh is his finishing and composure (when on form). He doesnt make it here because his all round game is often weak along with his decision making 2 things he would get away with in the spl  

I actually think this would be amazing for both sides. You get a  goal replacement (once he finally gets the first goal he always needs to get going) he ends up with a decent goal record and in the summer newly promoted side would take a punt on him. Or you would make an offer. Hes still young so good deal for someone if they can get him playing. 

Kel is much better than people think but the issue is confidence. When its low, he really does drop to an abysmal level but its not because hes a bad player. Watch footage of him from last season when he was in a confident mood and come back and tell me hes not good enough for you.  I mean cmon you signed Ajeti from west ham lol

If it would get the edouard deal done id cover all of his wages. Because id be so certain he'd come back with an increased value. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sdb said:

He's been poor this season no?

Whether that's ability or mindset related, not a great sign.

There's an abundance of other young, quality strikers with outstanding potential out there. With Vardy needing a good 4-5 days between games, our rammed fixture list and the fact our no.9 is now 34, surely these are the players we should be targeting?

He has scored 7 from 15 games in the SPL this season.

Still young too - turns 23 tomorrow.

Has scored plenty for the France U21's too.

If its a sensible price, I think signing him would be a no-brainer.  Price not likely to be too high.  There is a lack of affordable strikers available that we could possibly sign too.

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This chap and the monster from Korea and we will be all good. 

Jesus...... has Rudders put a bid in for Kim Jong-un???? Gerrimin 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

He has scored 7 from 15 games in the SPL this season.

Still young too - turns 23 tomorrow.

Has scored plenty for the France U21's too.

If its a sensible price, I think signing him would be a no-brainer.  Price not likely to be too high.  There is a lack of affordable strikers available that we could possibly sign too.

If I'm not mistaken, he's the highest ever scorer for the French U21 side. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moseeds said:

TBF, he has not had too much of a career to date.  He is 22 (turns 23 tomorrow).

Brendan also knows him well too.

• Like 1