Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

No offense mate but Iheanacho is actually the type of player that does well in the spl. His strengh is his finishing and composure (when on form). He doesnt make it here because his all round game is often weak along with his decision making 2 things he would get away with in the spl ( Kris commons is a huge example of this)  

I actually think this would be amazing for both sides. You get a  goal replacement (once he finally gets the first goal he always needs to get going) he ends up with a decent goal record and in the summer newly promoted side would take a punt on him. Or you would make an offer. Hes still young so good deal for someone if they can get him playing. 

Kel is much better than people think but the issue is confidence. When its low, he really does drop to an abysmal level but its not because hes a bad player. Watch footage of him from last season when he was in a confident mood and come back and tell me hes not good enough for you.  I mean cmon you signed Ajeti from west ham lol

If it would get the edouard deal done id cover all of his wages. Because id be so certain he'd come back with an increased value. 

Football is all about opinions and I respect yours but I don't agree with it at all, I've seen a lot of him and the guy is mince, no gold plating of him will convince me otherwise.

Signing guys like Ajeti is another major reason I'd avoid guys like Iheancho.

I'd much rather we went back to the model that has worked well for us in the past and try and find the next Edouard than sign squad fillers from the EPL who are on and would want extortionate wages, by our standards anyway.

• Like 3

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Football is all about opinions and I respect yours but I don't agree with it at all, I've seen a lot of him and the guy is mince, no gold plating of him will convince me otherwise.

Signing guys like Ajeti is another major reason I'd avoid guys like Iheancho.

I'd much rather we went back to the model that has worked well for us in the past and try and find the next Edouard than sign squad fillers from the EPL who are on and would want extortionate wages, by our standards anyway.

Fair enough, I understand but would you want to look for the replacement in the january market? Or take a risk free punt on a loan on someone like this?  I dont think for 15 mil you will get your golden boy. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Fair enough, I understand but would you want to look for the replacement in the january market? Or take a risk free punt on a loan on someone like this?  I dont think for 15 mil you will get your golden boy. 

We don't need to replace him in January as our season is over. In fact I'd be pretty annoyed if we did. I'd rather wait and properly identify his replacement and get whoever that is in the summer, particularly as we're likely to be changing manager soon.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah this is true.

I imagine with this record and he was being signed from any league other than the SPFL people would be creaming themselves.

Like I've said scottish football is crap, you don't have to convince me of that but as has proven to be the case more than a few times now there are some hidden gems if your willing to look hard enough. There are a good few examples already doing well in the EPL who would improve the Leicester squad. Edouard has as good a chance of being one of them as those who have came before him and you'll get him for £10m quid cheaper than the last guy we sold to England also who is nw doing pretty well.

I agree. If you're looking for a direct comparison, you just have to look at Dembele. Not so much in style of play but certainly in level of ability. 

How many PL clubs would go back in time and hijack that move before it happened? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

We don't need to replace him in January as our season is over. In fact I'd be pretty annoyed if we did. I'd rather wait and properly identify his replacement and get whoever that is in the summer, particularly as we're likely to be changing manager soon.

See I know im probably not going to convince you on this. But even if that is true, a loan at a very minimal cost to you with the option to buy just insures that you can start preparing for next season. If hes not good enough, you dont take the option. I cant see a club like celtic just giving up and not replacing him in some way. 

Reading some of the responses here seems like bagging him for around £15m would be ideal. Any more and the expectation could backfire miserably on both the player and the recruitment staff who have got it very wrong so far since 2016 when it comes to strikers.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

See I know im probably not going to convince you on this. But even if that is true, a loan at a very minimal cost to you with the option to buy just insures that you can start preparing for next season. If hes not good enough, you dont take the option. I cant see a club like celtic just giving up and not replacing him in some way. 

I understand your logic I'd just rather focus on clearing the decks and starting afresh with a new manager and new approach. I've serious doubts if he'll ever be good enough but 'd rather Ajetic got the final 6 months just so we know whether he has anything or not, or even Klimala in the same vein.

Just now, moseeds said:

Reading some of the responses here seems like bagging him for around £15m would be ideal. Any more and the expectation could backfire miserably on both the player and the recruitment staff who have got it very wrong so far since 2016 when it comes to strikers.

I disagree really. They have a bit of a free pass at the moment. If we got him for 25m or under and it is worth a punt whatever happens. Replacing vardy has to be a priority id rather loose some money and get it wrong now, loose 25m while we still have him than wait for the 'perfect signing' that might never happen. 

• Like 2

This one has been rumbling for a while now, that it feels inevitable. 

Celtic are having an absolute disaster of a season and will want to cash in as much as they can. If they leave it until summer, they might get teams deciding to wait another year and get him on a free. Especially with all the tapping up that goes on. 

At the end of the day, I'm not going to say no to another young striker that can compete for places. If he wants to come in and dislodge Vardy early, then by all means, no problem with that. What we really need is a player who is actually going to come in and fight Vardy for his place, rather than just accepting second fiddle. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I understand your logic I'd just rather focus on clearing the decks and starting afresh with a new manager and new approach. I've serious doubts if he'll ever be good enough but 'd rather Ajetic got the final 6 months just so we know whether he has anything or not, or even Klimala in the same vein.

Fair enough mate. I would suggest giving an under 18s striker a go but given theyve all been furloughed it might take the biscuit a bit. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Ok, take this with a dose of salt, I'm not saying he is as good or ever will be anywhere close to as good but his style is a lot like Thierry Henry's was. He plays as a central striker but naturally drifts left and is effective at both picking the ball up from this position and runnng at defenders and running in behind. He has the same languid, nonchalant style as well that sometimes can be mistaken for looking as if he can't be arsed lol

We could end up with Castagne, Barnes & Edouard all tripping over each other.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is that you Rudkin? He said he don't want him lol give it a rest

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

This one has been rumbling for a while now, that it feels inevitable. 

Celtic are having an absolute disaster of a season and will want to cash in as much as they can. If they leave it until summer, they might get teams deciding to wait another year and get him on a free. Especially with all the tapping up that goes on. 

At the end of the day, I'm not going to say no to another young striker that can compete for places. If he wants to come in and dislodge Vardy early, then by all means, no problem with that. What we really need is a player who is actually going to come in and fight Vardy for his place, rather than just accepting second fiddle. 

Get him back into the physical condition he was in last season and I think you'd get far more mileage out of Edouard in terms of being able to rest Vardy more than you do with Iheancho.

If he develops like he could in a couple of years you could have Vardy's replacement ready made. Of course I don't mean he'll be as good as Vardy, I don' hink you'll ever find someone like that but I think you could be in a position where the hole your looking t fill isn't anywhere near as big.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, because if it had we'd go and get KDH back. 

Perhaps, but I don't see a definitive correlation between KDH's long term development and Dennis being out, as we could easily loan a CM in for 6 months to cover Dennis's injury without impacting KDHs development

• Like 1