Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

17 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The more pertinent question is do I keep or change my avatar :P

Nearly two and a half thousand posts on another club's site?

Just get yourself a fox and be done with it.

17 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He left a crazy contract in the states and took up a player/coach role at Derby. You dont need to be Mystic F****ing Meg to have saw this coming. 

Same as this info he has passed on. Rodgers signed French Eddy for Celtic, he is available to sign for a decent fee and we could do with a striker. He's hardly going out on a limb by saying we are CONSIDERING a deal, is he now?

SFE spoke about the Under deal AGES before and regularly drops the team the night before games... Still wouldnt call him a reliable ITK though, would you?

Yeah, but he had language issues.

The Yanks couldn't understand him.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Risk missing out european qualification should something happen to Vardy?

If we've identified him as a player that suits our needs then why wait, sooner a player arrives and gets bedded in the sooner they can help you.

I didn’t say we would wait but It’s not just LCFC that chooses whether to do the deal or not

11 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Iheanacho would tear the Scottish league apart. The amount of chances Celtic create he would get 40+ goals a season. I don’t think he would go there though. He’s above that level IMO.

Agree on all counts! He's clinical in front of goal.

Even after a poor 45 mins the other week, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say his career isn't totally over!!

Iheanacho imo is more suited to a 2 and plays the support striker role well. What he won't do is play in behind and stretch the play, specifically Rodgers wants his striker to do that. Perez is the same. With the injuries to praet I think both could cover the number 10 position if needed.

If we do sign edouard I'd keep nacho around for 6 months and then sell in the summer, we could replace with and 18-21 yo as third choice striker. That Turkish lad we were linked with would be ideal.

16 hours ago, Gerard said:

Before he came to Leicester he was statically the most lethal goal scorer in PL history by the metric of goals per minute played. He also won the Golden Boot at the U17 World Cup. 

He had an outstanding pedigree but on the flip side of that coin elite clubs don't sell their best young players to Leicester, it was very much a case of beware of Greeks baring gifts.

I'm not sure that was the case, big club with rich owners make stupid decisions. On top of that I think it was Pep's first year at club, so he decided to make room for new purchases. Kelechi was only 19 and they were looking for more experienced players.

2 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

I'm not sure that was the case, big club with rich owners make stupid decisions. On top of that I think it was Pep's first year at club, so he decided to make room for new purchases. Kelechi was only 19 and they were looking for more experienced players.

I'd like to believe that rather than Man City didn't think for whatever reason he would make it to be a regular starter in a top 4 PL club. But I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Nearly two and a half thousand posts on another club's site?

Just get yourself a fox and be done with it.

Yeah, but he had language issues.

The Yanks couldn't understand him.

He's scouse. Us Brits cant understand him either. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Apart from the initial suggestion by the talksport journo that we were looking at him and Ric's transfer tingle, do we have any solid links?

We are linked to him a fair bit in scotland but nothing solid. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Apart from the initial suggestion by the talksport journo that we were looking at him and Ric's transfer tingle, do we have any solid links?

Not yet but then again under and castagne didn't either before they were announced as done deals.

The transfer window for premier league clubs is very quiet currently - I can't see it being a busy window but I certainly can see a few bits of business. From what I hear the financial situation of many clubs is seeing some players become available who weren't necessarily previously. Agents will be biding their time and trying to squeeze out more cash for their players by playing the deadline card.

• Like 1

I think he could be a good signing. 

There is not point in trying to find a vardy replacement. He’s unique and we’ll miss his goals. Therefore, we need to find a system that enables our attacking players to score more goals. Key to this is a striker who is excellent at linking up play. From what I seen and read, this is one of his key strengths. Maddison, Barnes...... would love playing with him. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The dailymail mentioned he was high on our list when wanting a new forward to replace the outgoing Slimani

2 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

I’m not sure if the reason for his omission has already been made explicit but he’s not in the starting XI for Celtic today - or on the bench for that matter. 

On the move? 

Or are the starting squad still isolating?

9 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

I’m not sure if the reason for his omission has already been made explicit but he’s not in the starting XI for Celtic today - or on the bench for that matter. 

On the move? 

Still self isolating apparently.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like OE has downed tools for Celtic and the fans aren't happy

What do they expect? He’s got 18 months of his contract left and everybody involved knows he will be leaving shortly. His performance levels will inevitably drop, just like anyone else who is about to start a new job with a different employer. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 2