Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

3 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No it wouldn't Iheanacho is mince. With £15m in our pocket or whatever it is we'll be able to find plenty players better than Iheanacho.

Is “mince” Glasgow rhyming slang for mince pie, top guy? Kels on form is good, he’s just not been on form for a little while but not had a run. Underrated link up player too. 

3 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Celtic park, ever. I struggle to ever see anything he is actually effective at other than disappearing like a ghost.

I know Scottish football is crap but plenty of players from down south have came up and struggled and he has this written all over him.

A lot of people told me on here Andy King would be like Zidane in the SPFL and he couldn't make Rangers bench.

The standard is crap but it's so blood and thunder that a lot of players who have done well in England struggle.

Like Benkovic couldn’t make the Cardiff bench? Wales > Scotland :ph34r: 🎣 😝

kidding aside, thanks for sharing your insights 

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

My old man is currently sat behind him on a Plane from Glasgow to EMA.

Your old man is BIG DADDY?! 

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Risk missing out european qualification should something happen to Vardy?

If we've identified him as a player that uits our needs then why wait, sooner a player arrives and gets aclimatised the sooner they can help u.

More likely to happen now than in the summer.

18 months on his contract and not staying gives Celtic a bit more leverage. It also suits Leicester as we have a really heavy schedule if we progress in both cups and I think BR has given up on Iheanacho so if we can bring in the right quality for the right price then just do it. BR also came here mid season to adjust so there is form for that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I would think we'll clearly be looking to negotiate with Benkovic as part of the deal

Not sure it would be this season then, as I'm sure your only allowed to play for 2 clubs in any one season so celtic couldn't play him for rest of season 

If we are looking at signing him in this window please don’t drag it out until the last day. Get it done as early as possible. Would imo be a good signing. Worked with Rodgers at Celtic and a young player with something to prove in the premiership. The figures being mentioned seem a reasonable price as well. 

6 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Not sure it would be this season then, as I'm sure your only allowed to play for 2 clubs in any one season so celtic couldn't play him for rest of season 

While that's true, we could still agree to hand Benko over, either on loan or permanent, in the summer as part of a deal now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Kelechi not good enough for Celtic you having a laugh lol be one of their best players and would score plenty of goals. Say what you what about Iheanacho but his goal scoring record is pretty excellent. 

Ability is only part of it. Mentality is important too. Like @Muzzy_Larsson said above, I dont see him handling the physical side to the scottish game. 

You southerners like the phrase "a cold rainy night on stoke" but I can guarantee you that a big hairy arsed centre half/part time scaffolder kicking you up and down the highlands of Inverness in the dead of winter is a completely different ball game (quiet literally) and I just dont see Nacho having the stomach for it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ability is only part of it. Mentality is important too. Like @Muzzy_Larsson said above, I dont see him handling the physical side to the scottish game. 

You southerners like the phrase "a cold rainy night on stoke" but I can guarantee you that a big hairy arsed centre half/part time scaffolder kicking you up and down the highlands of Inverness in the dead of winter is a completely different ball game (quiet literally) and I just dont see Nacho having the stomach for it. 

Interesting. For me, young lad coming over from Nigeria to England to make it in the prem for Man City and Leicester City implies that his mentality/stomach is pretty darn good! Always done well in the cup games v lower league opposition too.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Interesting. For me, young lad coming over from Nigeria to England to make it in the prem for Man City and Leicester City implies that his mentality/stomach is pretty darn good! Always done well in the cup games v lower league opposition too.

The point being perhaps though is that he hasn't made it with Manchester City or Leicester though has he really or we wouldn't be discussing him in the manner we are.

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The point being perhaps though is that he hasn't made it with Manchester City or Leicester though has he really or we wouldn't be discussing him in the manner we are.

He’s a first team squad player on around 40+ grand a week having made 16 appearances this season so far, and if Vardy got injured he’d most likely to be first in. I think he’s done ok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

You're absolutely right. Leaving behind abject poverty and moving to Manchester as an 18 year old, earning more money than your family has ever saw whilst living out your dream must have been absolutely horrible for him. 

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s a first team squad player on around 40+ grand a week having made 16 appearances this season so far, and if Vardy got injured he’d most likely to be first in. I think he’s done ok. 

If earning 40k a week as a very limited occasional or cover substitute throughout his contract is classed as 'made it' then yes, he completely fits the bill. Personally though, being a first choice striker or having at least progressed to standard after such a length of time here that we could possibly see a future regular first team player would be a more suitable use of the definition for me personally. It's subjective I suppose. I like most people I think were really excited when we got him but sadly, he just doesn't seem to have fulfilled expectations for the majority of people I think.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're absolutely right. Leaving behind abject poverty and moving to Manchester as an 18 year old, earning more money than your family has ever saw whilst living out your dream must have been absolutely horrible for him. 

What a shit and terribly dated attitude to take towards footballers. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If earning 40k a week as a very limited occasional or cover substitute throughout his contract is classed as 'made it' then yes, he completely fits the bill. Personally though, being a first choice striker or having at least progressed to standard after such a length of time here that we could possibly see a future regular first team player would be a more suitable use of the definition for me personally. It's subjective I suppose. I like most people I think were really excited when we got him but sadly, he just doesn't seem to have fulfilled expectations for the majority of people I think.

If he’d scored that pen v Palace I doubt we’d even be having this conversation now. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What a shit and terribly dated attitude to take towards footballers. 

Is it? 

He left a hard life life in Nigeria where he faced some rough challenges at a very young age and got the opportunity to leave that behind for a better future whilst bagging his family abton of cash as Man City effectively bought him from his dad. 

I'm not saying young footballers don't go through tough times, I'm saying the part of his life that your talking about was when his future opened up.