Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

I cannot imagine there’s many clubs who are prepared to spend big in the Jan window. The financial uncertainty CV 19 has created cannot be underestimated. We all hope that fans will be allowed to return for the start of next season, but there’s no guarantees. The longer stadiums are empty, the more precarious club’s finances become. Arsenal brings in over 1 million turnover per match. That’s a big loss.

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The annoying thing is, if Vardy was put for just a few weeks more we probably would but as he is back after next week then we will wait until the summer, even though theres no guarantee he remains fit until the end of the season with potentially still 25+ games left if we want to go far in one of the cups.

...said exactly the same yesterday!!!

Why wait until next summer, absolute madness.

16 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

If we had of signed him when Window opened we wouldn’t be sweating about top 4

as it is the chance us of being in top 4 at end of season looks a big one now 

Signing him and sending Iheanacho on loan to Celtic for the remainder of the season would have been the ideal scenario 

39 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

If we had of signed him when Window opened we wouldn’t be sweating about top 4

as it is the chance us of being in top 4 at end of season looks a big one now 

If you think it's straight forward to sign a player like Edouard from a club like Celtic, in January in the midst of a gloabal recession/pandemic then you are absolutely delusional. 

Name me one other Premier league deal of this magnitude that was done early or at all for that matter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

That's not true. Villa, Everton and West ham all spent in excess of 50m net spend this year. Ours is flat - we spent on the training ground.

Villa yes, they bought Sanson, West Ham sold Haller to fund who they bought, who did Everton buy?

31 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

If you think it's straight forward to sign a player like Edouard from a club like Celtic, in January in the midst of a gloabal recession/pandemic then you are absolutely delusional. 

Name me one other Premier league deal of this magnitude that was done early or at all for that matter. 

Money talks 

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Money that pretty much no one including us is spending in this window

Brave mans game investing when everyone else is sitting on hands, would have loved to see that level of intent, we will probably miss out on champions league football for the lack of a proper plan B up front. 

finish in top 4 and the lad will have paid for himself 

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...money always supersedes the market!!!

Maddison is not for sale (the market) but if United offered us £100m now, I am sure we would take it.

Yeah obviously but the club is leaking money. Duty free is dying on its arse, why in gods name should we pay way over market value for someone who will be cheaper and easier to get in June? 

Also if you start paying over market value all your transfers become harder to do as clubs know you will pay more look at Man United. 

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah obviously but the club is leaking money. Duty free is dying on its arse, why in gods name should we pay way over market value for someone who will be cheaper and easier to get in June? 

Also if you start paying over market value all your transfers become harder to do as clubs know you will pay more look at Man United. 

....it was just an example that anything is available at a price!!!

So far as doing transfers are concerned unless you are Man. United paying over the odds is taking you on the road to ruin. Picking Edouard up now would be something like £15-20m and no doubt about the same in the summer, I can only believe we are not in the market for him as we failed to bring him in this window.

The Duty Free situation applies to King Power and LCFC are self sustainable and not reliant on Duty Free income. The relaxation in FFP will allow us to spend more than we would normally be allowed so there is an option. The loans taken out with McQuarrie are contingent of revenues from our final positions in the league and are worth in excess of £100m, obviously top 4 would be more and excess revenue from Champions League would beef this up. As usual should we earmark the funds for building (redeveloping) the stadium then we might choose to offload a player to meet our needs.

Once the stadium is complete we will no longer have to sell in order to finance future purchases.

Do we even know how much Celtic will be prepared to sell him for and do we have that cash? I keep hearing Newcastle are ready for Hamza as soon as we are ready to sell.

witn Rogers hell bent on a Dennis Praet replacement that means no striker insight.

i’d like us to make a move for edourdo I really would. He will be hungry to impress in the premier league.

• Like 2