Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Darwin Núñez

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Scored 3 in 13, but created 7 in that time, and scored 5 in 5 is the EL. Not sure that’s shocking tbh.

It’s not worth getting all worked up about though. Bas Dost and Islam Slimani managed pretty much a goal a game in Liga Nos. If he is all that I would expect to see more from him. Also I will say the Europa league stats can be deceiving as the standard of opposition before the knock out stages tend to be quite poor.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

It’s not worth getting all worked up about though. Bas Dost and Islam Slimani managed pretty much a goal a game in Liga Nos. If he is all that I would expect to see more from him. Also I will say the Europa league stats can be deceiving as the standard of opposition before the knock out stages tend to be quite poor.

Maybe. Could not say, but this guy is fairly well regarded, younger so would have good resale value.

All irrelevant mind, no chance he comes here.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe. Could not say, but this guy is fairly well regarded, younger so would have good resale value.

All irrelevant mind, no chance he comes here.

I don’t know much about him. I just want to know why people were getting so hyped really. Maybe someone else can fill me in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t know much about him. I just want to know why people were getting so hyped really. Maybe someone else can fill me in.

I think it's just that he seems to have all the makings of a star. 

He's quick, 6'2, strong, not shy too shoot and seems very intelligent for a young player. Very willing and able to bring others into the game. He plays very much like a young Cavanni. 

Wether he fulfills his potential is really down to wether or not he has the mentality to make it which I really couldn't say but he certainly has all the physical attributes to be a top top striker. 

It's irrelevant though, he's not coming here. He would cost about £70m.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Always liked Uruguayan players in the Premier League, they are strong and hard nuts who tend to take their football seriously than the Beckham type of player. He'll probably end up at Man city going for around £100m

There might be a soupcon of generalisation here.  

I heard a rumour that some Uruguayans don't all have the same characteristics.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t know - hence my question. Could be uncertain ......sounds like the fee would be so high that 

a) work permit wouldn’t be an issue

b) we won’t pay it so a is irrelevant!

That's now not as important a criteria. The Portuguese league is considered a top league, plus he's played European football this season. Would get the work permit no problem.