Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

If Tielemans is injured...

Instead of being accused of hindsight, I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are in terms of how important it is for us to bring in cover for Tielemans. If we weren't to bring in any cover, what would do in the event of him missing for a few weeks or months?

For me it's massively important we bring in someone with a similar skillset to Youri, even if it's just on loan till the end of the season. It's promising to see the club making movements, but the deadline is looming ever closer and no positive news yet.

If we didn't manage to bring anyone in and we lost Youri, I guess we would have to change shape as we've seen that a Wilf/Mendy mifield stifles us in this 4 2 3 1 that we play. Would we see a return to 3 4 2 1 with an attacking emphasis placed on getting the wing backs up the pitch as often as possible?

I'm hoping this thread becomes redundant, but for now, it'll be interesting to see what people with foresight think about the situation.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Praet was probably the closest in terms of style to Tielemans so losing him is a huge blow.

I'd imagine we'd kept Ndidi and change formation around him.

That's it, Praet was the only realistic cover for Youri, but now we've lost him for a while, so it's the only position we don't really have cover for.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Imagine having a dig when he is having a season like this.

I imagine it was praise, due to the fact he releases the ball so quickly so is rarely in a position to be tackled.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

That's it, Praet was the only realistic cover for Youri, but now we've lost him for a while, so it's the only position we don't really have cover for.

I imagine it was praise, due to the fact he releases the ball so quickly so is rarely in a position to be tackled.

You may be right.

I don't think we should bring anyone in.  You're not going to get a like for like replacement for Youri on a 6 month loan.  IF he gets injured AND we're without him AND Praet at the same time, then I would think Maddison would drop in to cover him and Perez would come in to replace Maddison

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I don't think we should bring anyone in.  You're not going to get a like for like replacement for Youri on a 6 month loan.  IF he gets injured AND we're without him AND Praet at the same time, then I would think Maddison would drop in to cover him and Perez would come in to replace Maddison

Beat ya..!! By 2 minutes..:P

• Haha 1

Guest Hansifüx
5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Don't do that to me. When I saw the thread title I nearly had heart failure thinking that there was a story that Youri was injured!

same here ... I have grown to like Youri a lot