Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

7 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I read somewhere they think Gasly could be in contention for that seat when Hamilton bins it. Would be a really interesting move. 

isn't Gasly still under contract to Red Bull? No way they let him out of that to join Merc

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Jeez some funny old posts on here ! ..  

I really hope Lewis is back racing next season but I’m not so sure as some that he definitely will be. Horner and Verstappen have gone right down in my estimation. Like Swanny has said above, I’m a tad disillusioned with the sport and think it will be quite a while, if at all, to shake that feeling  off. :(

What have Horner and Verstappen done wrong? Win?

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What have Horner and Verstappen done wrong? Win?

Oh yes we know they won ! ..  and we all know that the superior driver on the day who had bossed it from start to finish lost thanks to a man in charge who couldn't do his job and was probably influenced by a need to 'make it 'exciting' and keep his abby dabby mates and the media happy.   :)

However ...  I noticed more than a hint of gloating, smugness, and an attitude of 'well we were better over the season and had some bad decisions and bad luck so the fact we were given that race balances it up !!' ...   Horner (sorry Mr Ginger Spice) always struck me as an arrogant little bugger so it doesn't really surprise me but I was more disappointed in Max. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Oh yes we know they won ! ..  and we all know that the superior driver on the day who had bossed it from start to finish lost thanks to a man in charge who couldn't do his job and was probably influenced by a need to 'make it 'exciting' and keep his abby dabby mates and the media happy.   :)

However ...  I noticed more than a hint of gloating, smugness, and an attitude of 'well we were better over the season and had some bad decisions and bad luck so the fact we were given that race balances it up !!' ...   Horner (sorry Mr Ginger Spice) always struck me as an arrogant little bugger so it doesn't really surprise me but I was more disappointed in Max. 

I don't think Max is being smug i think hes being a bit defensive but that's probably down the to manner in which he won it.  He wont want his title win being remembered 'with an asterisk' so to speak so feels he has to justify his win.

It wasn't his fault that Masi ****ed up.  He quite rightly took his chance.

36 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Theyre all arrogant **** heads. None of them strike me as down to earth humble people. Toto is hardly humble is he?

The bitterness as a result of Sunday is mad.

https://mobile.twitter.com/asimc86/status/1122508966162989058

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

14 hours ago, Asha said:

Hamilton has benefited from a disgusting amount of luck over his career.

Even just this season, if he hadn’t cvnted Max out in Silverstone it wouldn’t have even gone to Abu Dhabi. 

Let him walk away from the sport. There are younger more exciting drivers we want to see in better cars. 

Every driver benefits from some luck and every driver gets hit by bad luck. Not every driver has the race director engineer a situation to give them a significant upper hand to take such a monumental race win.

Hamilton got lucky in 2008. Glock messing up, Hamilton managing to pass him on the final corners of the final lap. The stars aligned, that's luck. This year wasn't luck, it was manufactured to make a certain result more likely.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Asha said:

Hamilton has benefited from a disgusting amount of luck over his career.

Even just this season, if he hadn’t cvnted Max out in Silverstone it wouldn’t have even gone to Abu Dhabi. 

Let him walk away from the sport. There are younger more exciting drivers we want to see in better cars. 

You appear to have forgotten the steering wheel incident.

Both have had similar luck over the season.  Some self inflicted, some not.

Does Hamilton now have the record for championship showdowns lost at the final race? 2007 2010* 2016 2021

Schumacher had 1997 1998 2006

Alonso 2007 2010 2012 

There’s probably someone in the 80s but that’s before my time. 

*2010 is a bit of a stretch I’ll admit. 

Edited by Asha