Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davelcfc100

Help with LCFC photos

Evening All,

Bit of a long shot this but thought it would be worth posting in here on the off chance.

I am trying to get a large LCFC related canvas made (72” x 40”) but it’s proving to be more difficult than I expected. Every company I have spoken to has told me the image needs to be at least 2mb ideally and around 5000 x 3000 pixels. 

I was ideally looking for the canvas to be  a Jamie Vardy one, originally I was looking at the image where he cups his ears in front of the Sheffield United fans but I can’t get anything even close to high resolution for that. In fact I can’t seem to find any close to what is required on Google.

I wondered if anyone else has been through the same struggle? 

any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

25 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

Evening All,

Bit of a long shot this but thought it would be worth posting in here on the off chance.

I am trying to get a large LCFC related canvas made (72” x 40”) but it’s proving to be more difficult than I expected. Every company I have spoken to has told me the image needs to be at least 2mb ideally and around 5000 x 3000 pixels. 

I was ideally looking for the canvas to be  a Jamie Vardy one, originally I was looking at the image where he cups his ears in front of the Sheffield United fans but I can’t get anything even close to high resolution for that. In fact I can’t seem to find any close to what is required on Google.

Do you have access to Photoshop?

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/photography/discover/increase-resolution.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

Evening All,

Hi Dave

For that level of quality you’d need to be purchasing from the likes of Getty or AP... or even worth asking the club photographer if you can purchase. Plumb something? 

hope that helps! Nothing on Google will be that big for free. 

32 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

Evening All,

Google HD photos or wallpapers 

38 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

Evening All,

Other people own that image and that is how they make a living— you will need to contact them and possibly pay for the rights to have a copy of the file that large. 

• Like 1

Very expensive from Getty Images.

If you do a Google image search, and then on settings select large only for picture size, there may be something although I'd have thought you would be limited.

Alternatively,  search for it under wallpapers and then download the biggest version they have.

You'll also have to think about copyright, as most (a lot) of printers won't just print anything you ask them to. 

However... Creative Commons images are mostly ok to use, and I have found one which is just about the right resolution, even though it's

not the most exciting of photos .... 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jamie_Vardy_08_sierpnia_2015.jpg

3 hours ago, PaddyS said:

You'll also have to think about copyright, as most (a lot) of printers won't just print anything you ask them to. 

However... Creative Commons images are mostly ok to use, and I have found one which is just about the right resolution, even though it's

not the most exciting of photos .... 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jamie_Vardy_08_sierpnia_2015.jpg

lol imagine putting that on your wall

2 hours ago, davelcfc100 said:

Thanks for all of your help guys. It looks like this canvas might cost me a little bit more than I originally expected 😂

To be fair mate, and I mean it's your choice... but do you really need a canvas that big? lol 

Like... 42" TV size would look good? 

Only reason i mention is that even the LARGE on Getty/PA that are like £350 aren't big enough for your dimensions...