Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

23 minutes ago, Buggsteam said:

Dont understand this one. Was the first player we was linked with and strong rummours the deal was done. Yet its all gone very quiet on this one now and a rummour that Liverpool are now intrested in him

Stop reading News-now 24 Leicester City.  90% click bait cobblers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buggsteam said:

Dont understand this one. Was the first player we was linked with and strong rummours the deal was done. Yet its all gone very quiet on this one now and a rummour that Liverpool are now intrested in him

I don’t think they have actually been linked with Soumare have they?

Only thing I read this morning was from a Liverpool fan page that wanted them to go in for Soumare because we got Daka

• Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 23:03, moore_94 said:

Looks to have really good close ball control and skill, can time a tackle well, and certainly fast at breaking up the pitch with the ball

Let's remind ourselves of what we're getting here. Qualiteeeee

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Chill out. Romano says it's done, and Tanner has pretty much said the same thing.

There was a story about 10 days or so ago to say he would be on his way around now to the UK so he can complete the medical.

This. 

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We must be paying him well as I still don't understand why he would give up a regular starting position in a CL qualified team. 

Realistically how far are Lille likely to go in the CL. More likely to get more European games with us I’d have thought.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We must be paying him well as I still don't understand why he would give up a regular starting position in a CL qualified team. 

Lille are highly likely to be ripped apart this summer and with just 1 year left on his deal he probably feels now is a good time to come over and test himself in the Premier League

Of course he will get a pay rise when he joins us, Lille's highest wage is about £50k a week and he could earn that here as a bench player

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Realistically how far are Lille likely to go in the CL. More likely to get more European games with us I’d have thought.

PSG reached the SF so they would be confident in reaching the knock out stages.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

PSG reached the SF so they would be confident in reaching the knock out stages.

Only need to look at how even their title winning manager has jumped ship to Nice to see how much this is expected to be a one off occurence

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Not if the lose half their squad which now seems likely.

It can only be about money, Lille is a big club in a major city with a large fan base and a magnificent stadium.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It can only be about money, Lille is a big club in a major city with a large fan base and a magnificent stadium.

Maybe he wants to test himself in the Premier League? Plenty of players have moved from big clubs with CL football in other leagues to come over here and test themselves, it isn't just all about money.

Not bother to think about how impressed he may be by the project we have outlined to him? Maybe he feels like the tide is turning at Lille with even their manager being poached by Nice who finished 9th?

Rather harsh to think he has only joined us because of money.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maybe he wants to test himself in the Premier League? Plenty of players have moved from big clubs with CL football in other leagues to come over here and test themselves, it isn't just all about money.

Not bother to think about how impressed he may be by the project we have outlined to him? Maybe he feels like the tide is turning at Lille with even their manager being poached by Nice who finished 9th?

Rather harsh to think he has only joined us because of money.

Another thing is,  isn't he supposed to be a close friend of Edouard and when we were almost certain to sign him , that could have influenced his decision. I still think its the sell- on clause that could be holding this up.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Another thing is,  isn't he supposed to be a close friend of Edouard and when we were almost certain to sign him , that could have influenced his decision. I still think its the sell- on clause that could be holding this up.

Not sure if they are close friends, just they are friends from the French youth teams, same with Fofana

Edited by moore_94

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Because contrary to what’s spouted on here, most players don’t prioritise being in the champions league over everything else.

What really matters is progression, money, and being in a bigger shop window that opens more avenues to the big clubs.

• Like 3

Do anybody really think he is going to give up a starting position with the French champions to sit on our bench? 

ASS U ME.  Never assume anything in life.  Stick to fact. ;)

A big increase in wage and exposure in a bigger league may help but what do I know?

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Do anybody really think he is going to give up a starting position with the French champions to sit on our bench? 

Yes.

Lille are absolutely skint and won't be anywhere near the title next season. They're selling their squad pretty much.

• Like 2