Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I suspect it’s all to do with quarantine periods ?

No point bringing Soumane into the UK to quarantine for 10 days, sign and then do fcuk all for a few weeks. Equally we can’t get our medical teams out across Europe at the mo either. So suspect everything will be wrapped up nearer towards the start of pre season 

Depends where the 'corridors' are and what traffic light systems are being used, which are all changing anyway.

Under had his medical in Rome before signing on the dotted line - can't remember if we sent our staff out there or had someone do it for us?

Remembering further back didn't Slimani have his medical in Germany or somewhere while on the way to an Algeria game?!

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Depends where the 'corridors' are and what traffic light systems are being used, which are all changing anyway.

Under had his medical in Rome before signing on the dotted line - can't remember if we sent our staff out there or had someone do it for us?

Remembering further back didn't Slimani have his medical in Germany or somewhere while on the way to an Algeria game?!

We sent out staff. There was pictures of Matt Reeves in Rome. 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2021 at 16:57, MPH said:

I thought that FFP rules had been suspended for this season because of the implications of COVID.

Then again, I think prem teams had to agree a reduced tv income budget for the effects of COVID and we seem fairly business savvy so it could be that we want our budget sorted for next season before we commit to anything..

Ahh mate this all makes sense now. FFP for next season is a free pass, but not the one that’s just passed. Potentially signing them before June puts them on last years accounts and could put us in breach of ffp for last season. 

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Have we let him go on holiday with plans to confirm the deal around the time pre-season starts?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-preparing-suitcases-ahead-leicester-move-will-undergo-medical-next-10-days/

Player ‘preparing his suitcases’ ahead of Leicester move – ‘Will undergo medical’ in the next 10 days

Despite claims that Boubakary Soumaré was on the verge of signing for Leicester City, the news around the midfielder’s transfer went rather quiet.

Fear not, however, as La Voix du Nord, Lille’s local newspaper, have provided a very positive update in their sports supplement, called La Voix des Sports, on Monday.

Titling the article ‘Boubakary Soumaré is preparing his suitcases for Leicester’, the newspaper state that the 22-year-old ‘won’t be wearing the LOSC shirt any longer barring an incredible U-turn’.

In fact, ‘in 10 days or so’, the player ‘will undergo his medical at Leicester before signing a five year contract ahead of preseason’.

A source close to the deal told them: “It would be a big surprise if the deal wasn’t done. The deal is well underway because all three parties are in agreement. There are only a few details left to sort out”.

Lille will then walk away with €23m without bonuses for a player who only had one year left on his contract.

As for Leicester, they will get a young player that Brendan Rodgers can mould into whatever he wants.

the way i see it, players have had nothing like a break in a long time, and as a result transfers in this early stage are harder to to complete quickly, due to (as you said) players going on holiday. assume once this early period is over, transfers will progress to announcement stage a lot faster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Having read all of this thread, is there anything further concrete about his signing for us, particularly from their camp? 

He’s signing and medical is in the next 10 days. All we need to know now. 

14 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

He’s signing and medical is in the next 10 days. All we need to know now. 

I heard that one but 10 days is too long for me with player transfers. Someone message FabrizioRomano 😂

So I've been reliably informed that within 10 days this move well move into the next 10 day window where he'll have 10 days to think about having a medical in 10 days providing we can organise a doctor who needs at least 10 days notice. He might also have to quarantine for 10 days.

• Haha 1