Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s happened before here …… ten points if you can name them  !!

Obviously most recently was benalouane and Kante. One was a bald world cup star and cult hero,and the other was Kante 

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Off the top of my head- Gary McAllister and Ali Mauchlen, both from Motherwell. Phil Gee and Ian Ormondroyd from Derby (and an actual rare swap deal!)

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

De Vries & Maybury from Hearts? 

Nick Powell & Tom Lawrence from Man U?

Howard & Oakley from Derby was in the same window but not a double announcement I don't think. 

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Jimmy Willis and Michael Trotter from Darlington or was it Owen McGee and Michael Trotter??

Sounds about right, they both signed from Darlington around the same time. Don’t remember Owen McGee!

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Matty James and Richie De Laet? That was part of the same deal, wasn't it? £2m for the pair. I think it was so Man Utd could shaft Stoke out of a few quid.

35 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Matty James and Richie De Laet? That was part of the same deal, wasn't it? £2m for the pair. I think it was so Man Utd could shaft Stoke out of a few quid.

Yep, RDL for a quid and Matty James for 1,999,999, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Someone the other day made a valid point about double announcements. 

In todays social media age, they make no sense. Two seperate announcements mean twice the social media traffic, likes/comments/shares etc. 

Good point, I am not a social media afficinado.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Good point, I am not a social media afficinado.

Me neither. I had never thought of it either until someone on here made the point the other day and it does make alot of sense. 

1 hour ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Sounds about right, they both signed from Darlington around the same time. Don’t remember Owen McGee!

Willis and Trotter came as a pair. Owen McGee joined on a trial / non contract basis around the same time i think - had been at Middlesbrough. May have been a sub once? 

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're all assuming this is happening but is it contigent on something else?

Eg - another midfielder moving on or our budget need being greater elsewhere?

I'd be surprised given we've been working on this since February and it was all agreed by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're all assuming this is happening but is it contigent on something else?

Eg - another midfielder moving on or our budget need being greater elsewhere?

More likely to be just date related.

I expect a lot of deals will be announced tomorrow.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Daka deal mentions he joins us from July 1st, so as predicted by many, that date is important for book keeping / accounting / FFP. So given it's 1st July tomorrow, reckon that's when new signing number 2 is announced!

Well and that's just when contracts generally start... His RB contract will expire today

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Yep, RDL for a quid and Matty James for 1,999,999, if I remember correctly.

....de Laet gets a lot of bad press on here, but I loved him going forward and Ricardo is very much in the same mould as a player, driving into the box at pace and aware of the options around him!!!

His defensive qualities I suspect were considered acceptable as his attacking side was considered a good trade off. Driving into the box at full pace meant you risked the mistimed tackle and gave him the options for a, pull back, square ball or shot at goal.

Chilwell now being encouraged to attack the box and with composure so much more of a threat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

Willis and Trotter came as a pair. Owen McGee joined on a trial / non contract basis around the same time i think - had been at Middlesbrough. May have been a sub once? 

Blimey, how times have changed since these heady days?! Have no recollection at all of Owen McGee!! For fans of my vintage it sometimes doesn't seem real that we're now buying players that the likes of Liverpool want, rather than free transfers from Darlington. Talking of which, isn't that where Coatsworth came from too? Was he part of a double switch or was he a headline making solo transfer?!

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Blimey, how times have changed since these heady days?! Have no recollection at all of Owen McGee!! For fans of my vintage it sometimes doesn't seem real that we're now buying players that the likes of Liverpool want, rather than free transfers from Darlington. Talking of which, isn't that where Coatsworth came from too? Was he part of a double switch or was he a headline making solo transfer?!

Yep i seem to recall when brian little came over we got Gary Coatsworth and i think Paul fitzpatrick? At same time...not sure if both were signed as defenders outright or given utility player titles.

I liked how players back then were often classed as "utility players" grayson being one of our very best for i think £50k from leeds from memory.

9 minutes ago, Allfoxedup said:

Yep i seem to recall when brian little came over we got Gary Coatsworth and i think Paul fitzpatrick? At same time...not sure if both were signed as defenders outright or given utility player titles.

I liked how players back then were often classed as "utility players" grayson being one of our very best for i think £50k from leeds from memory.

Coatsworth came later than Fitzpatrick.