Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Here's what Rodgers said about Soumare in the post match conference after the Wolves match:

when we lost Youri out of the team, we missed someone who could make the last pass.

So, if Rodgers doesn't even consider Praet as having that capability -- it indeed sounds like he's a goner.

12 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

This is why I am less worried about ManCity becoming a Bayern Munich. They are into the "stupid money" phase of their development. Grealish isn't a £100 million player. Harry Kane isn't a £150 million player. We speak about the pressure/expectations placed on Ayose Perez because he isn't living up to being a £30 million player; there is no way these deals make real sense on ManCity's part. They may seem to have endless pockets, but even Emirate billionaires have accountants.

I'm interested in your comparison to Bayern. What is it you would be worried by - complete dominance of the Prem by one team? 

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

You need to read another thread in which he/she is involved - one of your favourite posters made an idiot of themselves, as per.

Please explain, me says married a Leicester girl,.I assume it's a male but it could be female, I'm an open church.

23 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

This is why I am less worried about ManCity becoming a Bayern Munich. They are into the "stupid money" phase of their development. Grealish isn't a £100 million player. Harry Kane isn't a £150 million player. We speak about the pressure/expectations placed on Ayose Perez because he isn't living up to being a £30 million player; there is no way these deals make real sense on ManCity's part. They may seem to have endless pockets, but even Emirate billionaires have accountants.

Perez didn't cost £30 million. Try halving the figure and you'd be far closer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I would imagine you're correct, but there are plenty who see the headline figure and assume it was all paid upfront.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I would imagine you're correct, but there are plenty who see the headline figure and assume it was all paid upfront.

:fishing:

28 minutes ago, Micky said:

Perez didn't cost £30 million. Try halving the figure and you'd be far closer.

Doesn't matter what he cost. Everyone thinks he's a £30 million player, and he hasn't lived up to those expectations. If he cost half that, then that just sucks for him on the expectations front.

24 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Doesn't matter what he cost. Everyone thinks he's a £30 million player, and he hasn't lived up to those expectations. If he cost half that, then that just sucks for him on the expectations front.

Of course it matters. Vardy cost 1 million, Mahrez 450k, Maguire 85 million.... All of these figures are regularly spoken about because they are help form our opinions of the players.

To add, nobody speaks badly of Benkovic or Praet and they both cost alot of money. 

27 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Which is exactly what your point was :rolleyes:. Too many people are guided and thus bamboozled by what a club can pay or is prepared to pay for a 'name'. 

Barca are in real trouble because they (or the Chairman) decided to please the fans and become Mr. Popular - rather than running a good business model. Now his successor is, of course, blaming his predecessor for the shit they're in - rightly so.