Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

High praise being agreed with by you Ric :)

I essentially think that Soumare is the end for a few of our midfielders, sadly... He looks like proper gravy to me.

Agree. Soumare looks the real deal. Has similarities to Yaya Toure. Even wears the same number.

But I don't see it as a sad thing that some will have to go. I thank them for their efforts but no room for sentiment if we are to carry on challenging for trophies and European football.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

They know how much he gets paid . 

That won't stop them coming for him. They'll then try and use it to their advantage to get him off our hands. Italian clubs love coming and pleading poverty, its likely we are telling such teams to pay the Benjamin's or eat shit.

Just now, Sambiasso said:

The problem with Leicester/Rudkin is they are great at getting people in, however shockingly bad offloading fringe players.

Is it not normally the players’ agents that do the hawking around of their clients? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The problem with Leicester/Rudkin is they are great at getting people in, however shockingly bad offloading fringe players.

Terrible.

Got 15m for musa, 15m for schlupp, 9m for iborra and a fee for a bloke they'd signed for free a few months ago.

The Financial crisis has basically meant none of the middle tier deals are being concluded. It's far from just us.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

just have a look at other clubs mate. No one is shifting squad players. 

And to be honest i wouldn't say there isnt a single player we have that wouldn't do a job for us if we needed them. We have little amount of dead wood. 

I would say the only dead wood player left in our senior team now is possibly Benkovic? And even he might now get a chance at redemption with our centre back issues

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hamza? 

Not quite yet, with Mendy injured he is our only actual “defensive mid” cover for Wilf, Soumare doesn’t do that kind of role

Unless one of Mendy or Hamza is sold by the end of this window, then one of them will be seen as the unneeded player (I think Hamza will end up out on loan at Newcastle)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would say the only dead wood player left in our senior team now is possibly Benkovic? And even he might now get a chance at redemption with our centre back issues

Yeah maybe just about but hasnt really had a change to prove himself. But would trust him to come in the league cup and FA cup. 

I have a feeling Praet will go at the very end of the window to a team suddenly realising they need his services after some less than wonderful results. Currently, assuming the new CB signing is over 21, three players need to go, since we currently have too many to register. I expect those three to be Praet, Mendy, and Benko...and possibly Choudhury. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I have a feeling Praet will go at the very end of the window to a team suddenly realising they need his services after some less than wonderful results. Currently, assuming the new CB signing is over 21, three players need to go, since we currently have too many to register. I expect those three to be Praet, Mendy, and Benko...and possibly Choudhury. 

I agree. Mendy's injury probably means Hamza's more likely to leave.

What we must also remember is that we are going to lose N’Didi & Mendy in the midfield for a month or so in January. What then happens if we’ve sold Praet & Choudhury and one of Tielemans or Soumare cop an injury? 

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

You realise that you need buying clubs and players to agree to do that don't you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

What we must also remember is that we are going to lose N’Didi & Mendy in the midfield for a month or so in January. What then happens if we’ve sold Praet & Choudhury and one of Tielemans or Soumare cop an injury? 

It's a real tough one. If someone offers cash for Hamza then it would be tempting to sell but a loan deal doesn't benefit us more than the hope he does well and then we either get a better fee in future or he comes back here suddenly capable of being a DCM at a top 6 team. AFCON in Jan does complicate things, up to then he's going to be 3rd or 4th choice DCM and won't be anywhere near our bench in the league.

I suppose the club might look to move Mendy on instead but the French league although aren't anywhere near as financially fcuked when it comes to makings signings as was being made out, might view this sort of transfer as less essential.