Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As I previously said, there's not space for him in the EL squad as its even stricter than the 25 man PL squad rules. So that leaves Carabao Cup games for him, what a lovely treat.

What Belgium international wouldn't want to play away at Hartlepool in the Carabao? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Would be shocked if he is still here at the end of the window but with his wages it will end up being a loan. £80k a week is well over his worth.

When you hear that John " calamity" Stones is now on over 200 grand a week , Dennis seems cheap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

When you hear that John " calamity" Stones is now on over 200 grand a week , Dennis seems cheap.

Well Man City have an endless pot of ungovernable money so their £200k is like our £30k.

We are run in a sustainable fashion so actually £80k a week, for a player that barely plays, is far from cheap.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2021 at 13:38, STUHILL said:

I think a lot of us have forgotten what a top player he is, so I hope he does stick around and gets to play in the cup games and I know Soumare and KDH have been impressive, but Praet is still the most proven of the 3 and it's not like he is the weakest link there. 

If I was a betting man though, I would think he will be gone by the end of the window. 

I consider a lot of us can't understand why BR cannot find a use for his undoubted ability when other players (shhh!) appear to be favoured whilst producing mediocre displays.

He doesn't seem to be unhappy, but pro footballers learn to be 'diplomatic' very early on in their careers.

There's an interesting article in Tuesday's Guardian by Jonathan Llew - "Messi's exit shows players are at the bottom of football's power structure".

That's very much a contrary view to what we take to be the case, but Llew's arguments are persuasive - very persuasive.

9 hours ago, turlo said:

sounds like the club are trying to move Dennis on or he would prefer a move for game time

image.thumb.png.4b23eceabb6e1f4a7299b383571087b2.png

...that is a marked contrast between the way he views these players!!!

High praise for Ghezzal and a dismissive retort in respect of Praet. It is obvious where any kind of  latitude is given and it feels as if there is some kind of friction which exist between Rodgers and Praet.

Hard to see Ghezzal as a good professional, as it appeared he went through the motions with us, and although this Forum has an extensive list of players who have been judged to have been below the requirements that we needed, at least they gave their best, even if in the end it was found not to be good enough. 

• Haha 3

On 13/08/2021 at 00:04, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is a marked contrast between the way he views these players!!!

High praise for Ghezzal and a dismissive retort in respect of Praet. It is obvious where any kind of  latitude is given and it feels as if there is some kind of friction which exist between Rodgers and Praet.

Hard to see Ghezzal as a good professional, as it appeared he went through the motions with us, and although this Forum has an extensive list of players who have been judged to have been below the requirements that we needed, at least they gave their best, even if in the end it was found not to be good enough. 

I got the impression last season that Rodgers had a bit of a falling out with Praet and Under . Just the way he'd respond to questions about them . Compared to others not playing  which has seemed to carry on with his Praet comments this season .

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Not going to pay him 80k per week though are they and that is his and our biggest problem. 

It'll be one of those ones where he takes 50k pw off them and we'd stump up the remaining 30k pw for however long his contract was with us for.  A transfer fee and 50k a week off the books is still a good move. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

It'll be one of those ones where he takes 50k pw off them and we'd stump up the remaining 30k pw for however long his contract was with us for.  A transfer fee and 50k a week off the books is still a good move. 

This is the major issue with the premier league and top clubs outside the EPL such as Real, Barca, Juve, etc. They are now in the rut of grabbing top talent by paying these huge contracts, the players become immoveable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dames said:

With a contact until 2024 would cost the club 4.5m over the length of his contract, not sure they would rush to do that deal.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

With a contact until 2024 would cost the club 4.5m over the length of his contract, not sure they would rush to do that deal.

I imagine we may ask him to give up whatever is left of his loyalty bonus as well and try and get a bit more of a transfer fee out of the buying club to try and offset it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine we may ask him to give up whatever is left of his loyalty bonus as well and try and get a bit more of a transfer fee out of the buying club to try and offset it

Depends who more desperate, him to leave or us to get him off the books.

I get the impression we would happily keep him.