Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depends who more desperate, him to leave or us to get him off the books.

I get the impression we would happily keep him.

I think we are happy to keep him but I think he does want to leave, hopefully he may make some concessions to help the move happen

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

With a contact until 2024 would cost the club 4.5m over the length of his contract, not sure they would rush to do that deal.

If we sold him for 18 million we'd keep 13.5 as well as getting his wages off the books if that were the case. Its like you mentioned, depends if we are desperate to sell or not. If we were it would make decent sense. 

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depends who more desperate, him to leave or us to get him off the books.

I get the impression we would happily keep him.

I don't get any sense from Rodgers that he wants Praet around.  it's more about trying to extract every penny before they parole him.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

If we sold him for 18 million we'd keep 13.5 as well as getting his wages off the books if that were the case. Its like you mentioned, depends if we are desperate to sell or not. If we were it would make decent sense. 

I don't think we are. If we are serious about mounting a proper challenge on all four fronts then we need his level of quality in the squad. On the other hand, we cannot expect a member of the top ranked international squad to be happy warming our bench indefinitely so if a decent bid comes in and he says he would like the chance to go for more game time, it is likely that we would not stand in his way and this would free up funds to strengthen in other areas (RW). other than one speculative article in the media saying he wanted away, there has been no public moves by either the player or the club to push a move. (That does not of course mean that his agent is not looking). If we are to retain his services, then we really do need to give him more pitch time or come January he may well slap in a transfer request.

• Like 1

Let's see if Dennis really wants first team football. Players coming to the Prem from abroad know that the upshot to them getting a big pay rise when they sign is that if they want out before their contract is up for any reason then they will have to take the wage drop again unless they've absolutely smashed it.

He could probably get £50k a week back in Italy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Difficult to sell someone when there is hardly any interest from other clubs. Has there actually been any concrete links?

Not other than Romano saying there were a number of Italian clubs very interested in him but were waiting for Leicester to change their conditions of sale. Italian clubs are broke so it will be a loan to buy or small fee up front + stage payments if he was to go. 

3 hours ago, turlo said:

Not other than Romano saying there were a number of Italian clubs very interested in him but were waiting for Leicester to change their conditions of sale. Italian clubs are broke so it will be a loan to buy or small fee up front + stage payments if he was to go. 

They suddenly seem less broke when you want one of their players. It's only business I suppose. 

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Difficult to sell someone when there is hardly any interest from other clubs. Has there actually been any concrete links?

Difficult to sell someone who rarely plays too.

Praet isn't a bad player, he'd walk into any mid-table Premier League team. His problem is that he's in a squad that has a very good and very consistent midfield, so barring an injury crisis, he's going to find pitch time limited.

I'd happily keep him, it's more about if he's happy to wait for his chance. He might well look at Iheanacho and think, "he's last season's top scorer and he doesn't get a look in."

We'll know we've hit the big time when players like this are more than happy to play a supporting role.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gerblod said:

And there comes a point where, in pursuit of these 'superstars', your club buys a vastly inflated reputation instead of a truly great player. Grealish may prove to be an effective addition to Man City, yet he's no Zidane or Figo.

This is why I am less worried about ManCity becoming a Bayern Munich. They are into the "stupid money" phase of their development. Grealish isn't a £100 million player. Harry Kane isn't a £150 million player. We speak about the pressure/expectations placed on Ayose Perez because he isn't living up to being a £30 million player; there is no way these deals make real sense on ManCity's part. They may seem to have endless pockets, but even Emirate billionaires have accountants.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The distinct lack of links from overseas media is a little alarming.

Maybe this isn't a player we want to move on this summer and want a strong as squad as possible. 

Our first choice are Ndidi, Youri and Maddison. 

Then Soumare, KDH, Praet and Choudhury in reserve. Mendy also if Hamza moves on. 

I think Choudhury is more likely to leave than Praet. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Maybe this isn't a player we want to move on this summer and want a strong as squad as possible. 

Our first choice are Ndidi, Youri and Maddison. 

Then Soumare, KDH, Praet and Choudhury in reserve. Mendy also if Hamza moves on. 

I think Choudhury is more likely to leave than Praet. 

I don't see where he fits in, he's less likely to be in the 25 man squad than Hamza!

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see where he fits in, he's less likely to be in the 25 man squad than Hamza!

He's a body though and of decent standard. Injuries and squad depth have cost us the last two seasons. 

We might need him 

On 18/08/2021 at 14:37, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not sure anybody knows for sure. 

Just looked at two websites

Praet ranges from 78 to 87

Choudhury from 7.5 to 61

Just can’t see how Choudhury can be on 61k per week. Who, when and why would we ever have paid him that much.

Never became a regular first team player and has never really shone so that we’d be worried about losing him.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's a body though and of decent standard. Injuries and squad depth have cost us the last two seasons. 

We might need him 

How do you fit him in the 25 man squad if we do get a new winger?

Don't forget when January comes we have no DCM available as both Ndidi and Mendy are away. Soumare, we are repeatedly told isn't a DCM so we arguably still need Hamza. For Praet to play we'd a) have to cut a defender or winger from the 25 man squad and would require Maddison, KDH and Youri to be injured before he got a sniff.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

How do you fit him in the 25 man squad if we do get a new winger?

Don't forget when January comes we have no DCM available as both Ndidi and Mendy are away. Soumare, we are repeatedly told isn't a DCM so we arguably still need Hamza. For Praet to play we'd a) have to cut a defender or winger from the 25 man squad and would require Maddison, KDH and Youri to be injured before he got a sniff.

I hadn't thought about the 25.... 

No idea then lol

Are we really full? 

• Like 1