Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

43 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What if you get offered 8 million, turn up your nose at it, and wind up with a very unhappy player who decides to stop playing nice about the way he's been treated?

That's even setting aside the numbers crunch we're facing with the squad at the moment.  

Less than £10m is an insult though for a player of his ability, its a tricky one. 

8 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

1 has gone so far, mentioned yesterday players need to go first...so minimum of two need go still

I imagine Praet is the main one really. He'll be on noticeably more than Hamza and Mendy. With Sowah gone, I'd expect that selling Praet and loaning Hamza is enough to buy a winger for 15 odd on moderate wages. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Less than £10m is an insult though for a player of his ability, its a tricky one. 

You think the offers will get better after holding onto him for a season where he never plays outside the first couple Caribou Cup matches?

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I imagine Praet is the main one really. He'll be on noticeably more than Hamza and Mendy. With Sowah gone, I'd expect that selling Praet and loaning Hamza is enough to buy a winger for 15 odd on moderate wages. 

It's not about wages, is about registering all the main players for Europa League , or players will have to sit out, which is not good for the players that do

14 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

It's not about wages, is about registering all the main players for Europa League , or players will have to sit out, which is not good for the players that do

Yeah absolutely but if the club have the finances to buy a winger who they believe is the difference between finishing 5th finishing 4th, for example, they're not going to decline just because it means Mendy or Hamza have to sit out the Europa League or even League games if they don't find a move. 

It's a juggling act of different priorities ultimately. 

For me, Praet is the one player we absolutely wouldn't want to pay to sit on the sidelines because he's an asset that's definitely good enough to be in the squad, he's worth a fair bit but we'd also want to register him if he's still here. Where as we can probably take or leave registering Mendy or Hamza. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Praet to Torino, Choudhury to Newcastle - both I can see being loans

Neres/James in along with tomiyasu on loan + obligation, would be lovely

• Like 1

Why are there a load of posts about Preat replacing Madison? He's not once played in Madison position while he's been here. His creative stats are shocking. 

He's a good player, but does not have a place in our team.

Sell. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Everyone assuming if we accept a bid he actually wants to go to Torino...

They tried to sign him last summer and again now, I doubt they would being trying to get him again without knowing if he actually wants to join them

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I think he wants to play, look like hes behind KDH and Soumare in the pecking order now.

I think he will be gone before the window closes.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think he wants to play, look like hes behind KDH and Soumare in the pecking order now.

I think he will be gone before the window closes.

I think he'll go, but if you were Praet, you'd not just want to play. You'd want to play somewhere that might be able to compete. Aside about 3/4 years ago, they are Italian relegation fodder.

Edited by sphericalfox

7 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I think he'll go, but uf you were Praet, you'd not just want to play. You'd want to play somewhere that might be able to compete. Aside about 3/4 years ago, they are Italian relegation fodder.

Before joining us he'd spent 3 years at Sampdoria finishing 10th, 10th and 9th and won two caps for Belgium. This is his level, all this being hard done by is getting silly now, he's never been good enough whenever he's started for us the game has passed him by and more often than not had to be subbed off.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He's had all summer to get a move and this has been the only link.

he has choices of staying here and wasting another season or move back to Serie A. He came from Sampdoria and is now wanted by a similar level team. Best for all concerned this happens, we'll take our loss but cest la vie.

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Before joining us he'd spent 3 years at Sampdoria finishing 10th, 10th and 9th and won two caps for Belgium. This is his level, all this being hard done by is getting silly now, he's never been good enough whenever he's started for us the game has passed him by and more often than not had to be subbed off.

Torino is a step down from Sampdoria, and a fairly lengthy step down from ourselves. If that is truely the only team in for him, then I guess it's up to him if we accept a bid. If I were his agent I'd be working over-time to find something better tbf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Torino is a step down from Sampdoria, and a fairly lengthy step down from ourselves. If that is truely the only team in for him, then I guess it's up to him if we accept a bid. If I were his agent I'd be working over-time to find something better tbf

Not that much of a step down, other than last season Sampdoria and Torino are usually pretty close, mid table sides

Torino vs Sampdoria

20/21 - 17th - 9th

19/20 - 16th - 15th

18/19 - 7th (Europa) - 9th

17/18 - 10th - 9th

16/17 - 9th - 10th

15/16 - 12th - 15th

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We will have to assume he knows Torino will match his current contract.

...in this instance I  would drop my salary just to get out of this situation!!!

Absolutely no love for him by the management, and players now being recruited ahead of him in the pecking order, I would get right out of here!!!

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...in this instance I  would drop my salary just to get out of this situation!!!

Absolutely no love for him by the management, and players now being recruited ahead of him in the pecking order, I would get right out of here!!!

So would I but the I don't have a hard nosed agent working for me.