Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

What's the point in loaning him? He's not 21 years old. You only loan out senior players so you can get rid of their wages, like Slimani and Ghezzal. Either sell Praet and take the loss or keep him. 

Well for starters we would want to get rid of his wages if there isn't room for him in the squad - currently he is unlikely to get a look in for the Europa League and KDH/Soumaré have already come into games ahead of him.

'Sell and take the loss' is just stupid business sense. If he has a good season in Italy and reminds everyone how good he is, then we can command significantly more next summer for a permanent deal than this summer, while in the meantime taking a loan fee and having his wages paid. Never mind the fact that with COVID, teams especially abroad will likely have a bit more cash to spare next summer compared with this one

• Like 4

I doubt whether the club or Dennis would be interested in an obligation. In fact he could easily return to his former club if the finances can be arranged. The best thing for everybody is he starts for us. Maddison is obviously out of form , for whatever reasons , and Dennis could easily take his place. He has a higher work rate , even if he does not possess the goal threat. At the moment he should take precedence over KDH because of his experience. It just seems to me that Rodgers is not prepared to bench a player earning 6million a year but Maddison needs to step back and get himself sorted.

2 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Praet is “good” at everything but is a master of nothing. He’ll always give you a 7/10, but as others have said he’s never done enough to take Maddison’s spot really. Wish him all the best if he goes, very likeable player.

Be nice to recoup about 10m if possible. 

Most of the midfield are currently 4/10 so get him in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would be cruel to keep him if we get a decent offer. That said, can Torino pay £10-15 mill? Surely that's what we'd ask. 

Shame to lose a squad player but he's never actually used and as has been said, he's nothing better than decent in any role. Rodgers also seems to have marginalised him.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Would be cruel to keep him if we get a decent offer. That said, can Torino pay £10-15 mill? Surely that's what we'd ask. 

Shame to lose a squad player but he's never actually used and as has been said, he's nothing better than decent in any role. Rodgers also seems to have marginalised him.

More likely if they pay an smaller upfront fee + future instalments, like most Italian clubs have structured their deals this summer. 

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I doubt whether the club or Dennis would be interested in an obligation. In fact he could easily return to his former club if the finances can be arranged. The best thing for everybody is he starts for us. Maddison is obviously out of form , for whatever reasons , and Dennis could easily take his place. He has a higher work rate , even if he does not possess the goal threat. At the moment he should take precedence over KDH because of his experience. It just seems to me that Rodgers is not prepared to bench a player earning 6million a year but Maddison needs to step back and get himself sorted.

Ay? Of course the club would be interested in an obligation so long as the value is suitable, Praet seemingly wants to return to Italy and no reason to think he wouldn't want it either.

13 minutes ago, Hales said:

I think given Maddison's form and the upcoming fixture congestion this isn't an easy sell.  I should imagine though he is utterly fed up and desperate to play.  Can we disguise Perez and send him instead? 😁

It's an easy sell because Rodgers is never going to use him no matter how bad things get.  That much is obvious at this point - the manager has blackballed him and the only reason to keep him would be to avoid selling him at a loss.  Considering all factors that would be be a pretty dumb move at this point.

Edited by Deeg67

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Obligation is exactly the same as a sell only deferring the sale for a year or whatever the stipulated time scale is.

Obligation is a very close second best to selling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ay? Of course the club would be interested in an obligation so long as the value is suitable, Praet seemingly wants to return to Italy and no reason to think he wouldn't want it either.

As Under found out though obligations can leave you on the bench if they are related to playing time. We spent a lot of money on a player we rarely used. By club I meant the the loaning club not us.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can’t blame him really. Decent player. No minutes or very few likely here. Italy is a nice place to be. No brained for him really. Just the fee to sort. 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

As Under found out though obligations can leave you on the bench if they are related to playing time. We spent a lot of money on a player we rarely used. By club I meant the the loaning club not us.

Torino were after Praet on a permanent deal last year, so they probably aren't just looking for a "stop gap" player for a season like we did with Under.

As @Deeg67 says, out of all the players we've signed in the Rodgers era he's had the fewest chances (Ünder aside). I always suspected that he was never Rodgers choice as he wanted McGregor but Praet had been a player a few different regimes had Scouted heavily and he's for some reason always found it too easy to ignore him.

That said I also don't think Praet has done enough at times but if you feel you aren't completely trusted then it's harder to hit the heights you're capable of.

Anything over £10m and I'd sell, his wages are massive.

• Like 1

If selling him means we can get our right winger target then this is a great deal for us, It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him here but he's just never really looked anything other than average on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As @Deeg67 says, out of all the players we've signed in the Rodgers era he's had the fewest chances (Ünder aside). I always suspected that he was never Rodgers choice as he wanted McGregor but Praet had been a player a few different regimes had Scouted heavily and he's for some reason always found it too easy to ignore him.

That said I also don't think Praet has done enough at times but if you feel you aren't completely trusted then it's harder to hit the heights you're capable of.

Anything over £10m and I'd sell, his wages are massive.

What if you get offered 8 million, turn up your nose at it, and wind up with a very unhappy player who decides to stop playing nice about the way he's been treated?

That's even setting aside the numbers crunch we're facing with the squad at the moment.  

29 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Signing good friends of existing players isn't really working for us but its something we tend to do alot. Praet (Youri). Under (Cags). I hope Vestergaard (Kasper) and Soumare (Fofana) will work out better.

How could you forget the holy trinity of Mahrez, Slimani and Ghezzal. Those last two really didn't work out.

Mind you, watching the Afcon celebrations when Algeria won, I'm not sure anyone is friends with Slim, so my point may be moot.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Rodgers has stated someone has to leave and that we've got what sounded like a specific target ready to bid on in the attack.

We know he's got to leave if the squad is to be balanced. He'll go. This is 

1 has gone so far, mentioned yesterday players need to go first...so minimum of two need go still

Torino have spent 1m after bringing in 14m in fees so far. So a purchase isn’t totally out of the question, though they’ve sold a CM and a CB (the latter was Vestergaard replacement at saints), so they may need to bring two in with that money. 

Edited by FoxesWalk