Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

So would I but the I don't have a hard nosed agent working for me.

He might not be a hard nosed agent, the other players on the agents list aren't that good / are of low value

Praet is the most valuable player on his list by quite a margin

He might also see that it is better for his most valuable player to go to a new club playing every week to possibly garner future interest for another move and protect his International career

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Not that much of a step down, other than last season Sampdoria and Torino are usually pretty close, mid table sides

Torino vs Sampdoria

20/21 - 17th - 9th

19/20 - 16th - 15th

18/19 - 7th (Europa) - 9th

17/18 - 10th - 9th

16/17 - 9th - 10th

15/16 - 12th - 15th

True but Torino look fully shit this year with rumours that Belotti could leave still.

6 hours ago, Koke said:

What's the point in loaning him? He's not 21 years old. You only loan out senior players so you can get rid of their wages, like Slimani and Ghezzal. Either sell Praet and take the loss or keep him. 

we get a loan fee for doing so and it opens up a place in the 25 man squad without keeping an unhappy player around

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It is tough taking a dock in pay when you don't have to . How many on here would do it?

Bit ridiculous trying to compare it to an everyday person taking a paycut.

A bit of a paycut he probably wouldn't even actually notice, a paycut for me and I am having to live in the box my washing machine came in.

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It is tough taking a dock in pay when you don't have to . How many on here would do it?

He could probably actually take a paycut and still have a take home pay not too far off what he gets here.

Over here he gets just over 50% of his wages, in Italy I believe he would get closer to 80%.

If he is on 75k a week currently his take home pay is about 40k a week, in Italy he could drop his wages to about 50k a week and still come out with about the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Not that much of a step down, other than last season Sampdoria and Torino are usually pretty close, mid table sides

Torino vs Sampdoria

20/21 - 17th - 9th

19/20 - 16th - 15th

18/19 - 7th (Europa) - 9th

17/18 - 10th - 9th

16/17 - 9th - 10th

15/16 - 12th - 15th

I was gonna say, they've been joined at the hip for years. Both mid table fodder. 

Praet was in turmoil over whether to come here, I think that's how his agent got us to chuff up big. The fact he was wanting to stay at Sampdoria suggests he may well view being happy at a club he's the main man at on only 40k a week compared to double that with us. I'd imagine we'd slip him a couple of million settlement from a £10-15m deal anyway to plug a bit of the gap.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He could probably actually take a paycut and still have a take home pay not too far off what he gets here.

Over here he gets just over 50% of his wages, in Italy I believe he would get closer to 80%.

If he is on 75k a week currently his take home pay is about 40k a week, in Italy he could drop his wages to about 50k a week and still come out with about the same.

That might be dooable , be interesting to see what he decides.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...in this instance I  would drop my salary just to get out of this situation!!!

Absolutely no love for him by the management, and players now being recruited ahead of him in the pecking order, I would get right out of here!!!

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Praet was in turmoil over whether to come here, I think that's how his agent got us to chuff up big. The fact he was wanting to stay at Sampdoria suggests he may well view being happy at a club he's the main man at on only 40k a week compared to double that with us. I'd imagine we'd slip him a couple of million settlement from a £10-15m deal anyway to plug a bit of the gap.

I’m afraid his agent will be asking us to cover the shortfall in earnings over the remainder of his contract. We want him gone to make space in the squad and to get a few quid in, plus a reduction on the wage bill. It will be a difficult negotiation and I hope we’ve already addressed it rather than waiting for the last 48 hours of the window …..

the tax scenario in Italy could help a little with the negotiations as has been indicated above (If it’s  correct)

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

I would hope discussions have already been had between Dennis and management and not just left although I'm shocked at Brendan's treatment of him when he is supposedly a brilliant man manager. Something has gone seriously wrong here! Credit to Dennis, he hasn't sulked, missed training etc.  Be interesting to see what he decides to do .....

He makes the game look so easy, technically brilliant.

When he did so well at the start of the previous season, I thought he would have a big role to play. That injury against Stoke couldn't have come at a worse moment as he was displaying his talent more consistently. 

Will be sad to see him leave but we have more depth in the central midfield roles, and his departure is likely to help us bring in a winger. 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I mean we’ed rather sell than loan 

obvs a space is a space 

Yeah I'd like £12m + but a loan with an option to buy and them covering a fair whack of his wages still helps us out. With 3 years left on his deal the upshot is a good loan spell and his value doesn't diminish. Those wages will obviously be an issue though but it's better he plays regularly and tempts a team in to thinking he's worth paying good money for, he's well capable of doing so. A good year at Torino and I'd not be surprised to see one of the bigger Italian teams having a sniff.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I'd like £12m + but a loan with an option to buy and them covering a fair whack of his wages still helps us out. With 3 years left on his deal the upshot is a good loan spell and his value doesn't diminish. Those wages will obviously be an issue though but it's better he plays regularly and tempts a team in to thinking he's worth paying good money for, he's well capable of doing so. A good year at Torino and I'd not be surprised to see one of the bigger Italian teams having a sniff.

Should offer him up to Napoli, they are in the market for a centre mid

• Like 1