Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

http://www.football-espana.net/2021/05/03/sevilla-target-leicester-city-star-as-midfield-option-in-2021/amp

Sevilla are rumoured to be tracking Leicester City midfield star Dennis Praet ahead of a possible summer move

According to reports from Mundo Deportivo, Julen Lopetegui is in the market for a new playmaker ahead of the 2021/22 La Liga season after failing to fully replace Ever Banega in the last 12 months.

Belgian international Praet has made just 15 Premier League appearances so far this season with Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers opting for Wilf Ndidi and Youri Tielemans as his first choice midfield pairing.

That has opened up increased speculation the former Sampdoria schemer could push for a move away from the King Power Stadium in the months ahead.

However, Praet is only one of the names on Lopetegui’s rumoured list of targets in the months ahead, with Levante star Jose Campana also linked with a move to the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan as a cheaper alternative to Praet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

For the right price he is one we could let go. You'd hope for £15-20m for him 

He's worth more than that. He's not our main choice for midfield but not because lack of talent or creativity, it's due to the fact that Youri never get injured and the fact that we never play with two centeral midfielders. Anyway I'd really love him to stay, but if he does leave it'll be for much more.

• Like 1

I rate Dennis and think he's a very good player, but someone with his talent should be a first team starter somewhere, and at Leicester he's behind either Maddison or Tielemans depending on what position he's used in. Perez also seems to be ahead of him in the number 10 role, and when the two play there, Perez is better in that position.

Very happy for him to be part of the squad but if an amicable solution can be found it might be best for all parties to move on. I have a feeling he might be a bit of a Kramaric signing where he doesn't pull up trees for us, but ends up being very good indeed for someone else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

He's worth more than that. He's not our main choice for midfield but not because lack of talent or creativity, it's due to the fact that Youri never get injured and the fact that we never play with two centeral midfielders. Anyway I'd really love him to stay, but if he does leave it'll be for much more.

He may be worth more, but in the current climate would suggest he'd be in that ball park. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Wouldn't sell for a loss, personally. Think he's a valuable member of the squad. 

Honestly forgotten how much we spent on him, but that's the area id imagine we'd sell for, maybe including £25m. 

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

For the right price he is one we could let go. You'd hope for £15-20m for him 

I think Dennis is a good player but I have to agree! If we're not selling a big star to raise funds then we need to be open to offers for our second string players such as Choudhury, Perez or Praet.

I really like the guy and it was a huge blow to our depth when he got injured, but I don't think Brendan has figured out how to get the best out of him yet - or maybe its just not a priority for him to do so. His best games for me seemed to come when he played more on the right with Timothy linking up behind him. 

• Like 1

Would be silly to let him go for anything under 25/30m as I feel it would cost around the same ball Park to replace him! Underrated player imo and if we’re serious about cementing a top 4 finish whilst being competitive in Europe each year hes the level we need as squad players not players like Hamza and Amartey etc 

• Like 2

I like him. We're not going to be able to replace someone of his talent or experience for the money we'll get for him. But it may well be worth doing a deal if KDH and Tavares can somewhat fill the void and we use the money to fund a big signing that will improve the squad elsewhere.

Edited by ALC Fox
Grammar

No point sale him for less then we paid, but if we could get 20m odd it could be good business.

Always felt his a jack of all trades and can do a good job, he can pay in any of the midfield roles.

but he's not good enough to pressures Youri or Maddison in BR mind.

I think it's an example of where the player has more ambition than the role he's given. Can't be helped. Will always be back up here and you have to respect a desire to start. So long as money is good and we replace then see no issues here.

Guest SO1

No way until Youri signs another contract and Maddison's health or hip issue is figured out. Praet is an excellent player and no way do we let him go on the cheap to Spain or Italy.

No sale, he is absolutely needed. If Youri gets injured etc. then we are in trouble if he isnt there. He links up well on the right with Timmy too. We need to keep our better players not sell. This team is on an upward trajectory and we need a decent squad with strength in depth. 

This of course doesn't matter if he is unhappy and wants to play more regularly which is fair enough but we will never know that I guess. I am surprised Brendan does not play him more. Maybe he is easing him back in like Ricardo but he isn't going to get match fit or get confidence and momentum sitting on the bench.

Clearly not a player Rodgers trusts.  Best for everyone to sell and let him succeed elsewhere, as I've been saying for months.  It makes no sense for Praet at this point of his career to be squad filler for us when there are plenty of strong sides which would employ him as a regular starter.

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Clearly not a player Rodgers trusts.  Best for everyone to sell and let him succeed elsewhere, as I've been saying for months.  It makes no sense for Praet at this point of his career to be squad filler for us when there are plenty of strong sides which would employ him as a regular starter.

Why doesn't he trust him? It's just he's not first choice for one of our usual three midfielder set up. 

• Like 2