Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

4 hours ago, singh85 said:

i brought my ticket on day one of release along with coach ticket.  i then had to wait until friday to purchase a ticket for my nefew as he doesnt have as many points.  i got him a ticket but there was no coaches available for him to go on.  hes under 18 and when i spoke to the club they said i couldnt cancel my travel and had to go on coach and my nefew under 18 would need to make his own way there.  what an absolute joke!  the only thing they have said is to wait until thursday to see if any people who test positive for covid cancel their travel ticket so i can purchase the ticket then for him.  but no guarantee. absolute joke this is.

Pure bollocks that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, singh85 said:

i brought my ticket on day one of release along with coach ticket.  i then had to wait until friday to purchase a ticket for my nefew as he doesnt have as many points.  i got him a ticket but there was no coaches available for him to go on.  hes under 18 and when i spoke to the club they said i couldnt cancel my travel and had to go on coach and my nefew under 18 would need to make his own way there.  what an absolute joke!  the only thing they have said is to wait until thursday to see if any people who test positive for covid cancel their travel ticket so i can purchase the ticket then for him.  but no guarantee. absolute joke this is.

Shocking.

I'd be sending Jim an email on Monday, no chance should that be allowed to happen.

30 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Shocking.

I'd be sending Jim an email on Monday, no chance should that be allowed to happen.

Well as he's gone MIA all week that would be as much use as a false positive covid test next Thursday.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Every year, I order at least one coach for our local club’s “window licker” day out to seaside and it costs around £500, including the driver for a 12 hour day. (Austen Clark)
LCFC are clearly charging well over the odds, (We normally charge £16 per head, including a cooked breakfast before departure and a decent hot meal on return, and don’t make a loss) 
If the club are subsidising the cost of travel as indicated, tickets should have been £12-£15 maximum. Their sums just don’t add up. 

Remember they'll be half the people on there due to social distancing etc. But yeah, £45 after being 'subsidised' is ridiculous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Remember they'll be half the people on there due to social distancing etc. But yeah, £45 after being 'subsidised' is ridiculous.

Yes👍, I realised about the reduced numbers, but hoped they’ve gone for 53-59 seaters and maybe even double deckers (up to 77). 

I wasn't aware of the travel situation until this thread was created. Truly shocking from the club. The justification that there was a discrepancy of 223 between actual sales and forecast doesn't hold any weight for me. Do they really think that no other company in the whole of the East Midlands wouldn't haven't been willing to lay on an extra 20 coaches at a time when these businesses will have had zero custom for 18 months and due to current restrictions won't be able to take any bookings on that date from elsewhere? 

I can't say I'm particularly comfortable with idea of sitting on a coach with 20 other people for 8 hours based on the assumption that everyone has tested negative from Covid 19 using a test that has just over 50% accuracy. I was willing to take that chance based on the fact that essentially you're in an artificial social bubble. However today's statement from the club has left me in two minds. If there are families/groups attending the game with some members travelling via coach and others travelling via car the club can no longer maintain the integrity of these bubbles and safety is therefore compromised along with their duty of care. 

I'm very tempted to write to the club on Monday and ask to withdraw my application and request a refund. I'd be intrigued to see what their response is given the fact that they weren't upfront about the situation from the outset. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Shocking.

I have emailed the ticket office today, who is Jim? Do you have a contact email for him if he's in a position to help?

I’ve never taken an official coach but does anyone have any idea how much they usually charge to Spurs/Arsenal? 

£45 is a bit steep (understatement!) but if it’s double the price of going on a full coach I kind of get it. 

I think the club could have been a bit more open and explained the situation but I guess  they were waiting on the review of the Carabaou Cup so it’s all been rushed. 

I think we have to get our heads around that this isn’t a normal football game, this is one of the first steps on the way back to normality.

They want people to act responsibly, what they don’t want is a few thousand football fans  taking an early train with a carrier full of cans  going on the lash in London all day and then rocking up at 5.15 half cut. 

In all honesty I think the government would be happy with a totally neutral crowd but I think the 6250 tickets to each side is more of a token gesture. 

5 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’ve never taken an official coach but does anyone have any idea how much they usually charge to Spurs/Arsenal? 

£45 is a bit steep (understatement!) but if it’s double the price of going on a full coach I kind of get it. 

I think the club could have been a bit more open and explained the situation but I guess  they were waiting on the review of the Carabaou Cup so it’s all been rushed. 

I think we have to get our heads around that this isn’t a normal football game, this is one of the first steps on the way back to normality.

They want people to act responsibly, what they don’t want is a few thousand football fans  taking an early train with a carrier full of cans  going on the lash in London all day and then rocking up at 5.15 half cut. 

In all honesty I think the government would be happy with a totally neutral crowd but I think the 6250 tickets to each side is more of a token gesture. 

Usually about £18 a match usually.

I haven’t got the energy to reply to the rest, I don’t want to come across like an entitled twat and I’ve said all I need to say on the above points.

• Like 1

Reading this thread has left me further frustrated, I tried for 2 hours yesterday afternoon to try and get a ticket for the final but it kept telling me an error when selecting the coach, if I selected any other travel method it wouldn’t let me continue with the purchase, got no joy on the phone as I couldn’t get to speak to anyone and Twitter has been MIA since the ticket announcement, in the end I had no other choice but to give up ticketless, what an absolute shambles will be sending an email Monday although I do fully expect it to be ignored

• Like 1

I agree that the transparency and communication from our “well run” club has again been shockingly poor. 

I wider question I have though is why the government feels the need to “test” transport capacity at a stadium that has hosted football matches, including cup finals, for 14 years?

21 hours ago, singh85 said:

This isant a great situation but could he go on the coach and you travel down on your own? I know it’s a bummer but he would be safer then going alone 

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Livid said:

I usually do aways on the train but I did use the official coach for both Millwall and Newport FA Cup ties and both were £18 each. 

I keep every ticket so just looking through them now lol 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Livid said:

Man City Fans was charged £50 each for coach travel for the carabao cup final and they wasn’t subsidised by Man City either

• Like 2

After Covid there's going to be rip offs in all walks of life it's par for the course businesses will want to get back some ££s as will the Government then you just have to layer on top of that all the scam merchants. Every time there's a change in countries circumstances up go the prices some justified many not.

• Like 1

There's a couple of things here that puzzle me. Firstly the suggestion no one else has had to do this. My understanding is Man City fans had the same thing for the Carabao cup final.

Secondly, the club had no option on the coach travel issue. It was a government stipulation for its test event. Like it or not, it wasn't within the clubs power to change that requirement. 

Criticism for the sake of it is counter productive. What I'd like to hear from the authors/supporters of this letter is what they would have had the club do differently? Because from what I can see, the club didn't have too much say re coaches and there wasn't much they could have done differently. 

The only thing they could legitimately be pulled up for was using away points to decide prioritisation. But then again, whatever system you use will result in some supporters being hard done to. Folks might not agree with using away points, but it was certainly no less reasonable than any of the alternatives (he says, speaking as someone who missed out).

• Haha 1