Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

The curious life of a Leicester City fan: Joe Brewin for 442

That’s a very nice piece. Really like the bit around “what is football even for?” For many of us, as stupid as it sounds, it’s the feeling that we own some piece of the club that we support. That it belongs to us. That at 3pm on a Saturday there is some piece of ourselves out there on the pitch trying to get by in life. Supporting this club has been such a roller coaster but I’ve never been more proud to be a fan. It’s so enjoyable to support this team, especially because they way we’re doing it is for me what football is all about. 

The cup win would truly be cherished by our fans, so I hope the boys can do us proud!

• Like 2

Can't help but feel, believe even,  that if we can win it, we would take more care of The Cup, and do more to restore some of it's romance and traditions than Chelsea, or almost any other club ever could.

• Like 1

Brings back a lot of memories. We never felt like just any old club even when we were slumming it in the lower half of the championship. We were never far away from the headlines for one reason or another.

We've stuck it out and we have got where we are now. Now let's ****ing win this thing.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

"Not really about the winning", surely when the Club has been to 4 Finals and lost all 4 I would think it IS all about winning.

This is not the Olympics where taking part is the ethos.

Is that really what you took away from that article? 

• Like 1