Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

England v Croatia match thread

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Tyrone Mings doesn't belong at international tournaments. 

Modern day Carlton Palmer

Guest StevieLynex

First time I will have seen Kramaric playing since he left us - interesting to see how much he has improved since then

Guest ttfn
6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

You can only use 23 in a matchday squad. I don't know if he's personally left then out though or they are carrying something. 

They must be injured, surely? There are 2 goalkeepers on the bench 

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

As much as he’s annoying Grealish is the one player we have with any kind of X Factor. What a waste. And why take 17 defenders and Trippier at LB? I rate him but feck me. X 

Totally agree (except Foden...).  Chilwell has also really improved with Chelsea in fairness to him and Shaw has had a great season.  Great to go into another tournament immediately wondering what the hell our manager is up to.  I'd like to say let's hope he proves us wrong today, but to be honest even if we win, the issue will be when we come up against Germany, Italy, France, Belgium etc. and they show the system and team selection up for what it is in 90 minutes knock out football when it's too late to fix.

• Like 1

Southgate is the type of personality to turn up at a kids party, burst all the balloons, replace the cake with a salad, cancels pass the parcel and hands out trigonometry worksheets. I do slightly sympathize that had we played Scotland or Switzerland first it would be a different line up but keeping Grealish back is :mad:

So forget getting any enjoyment throughout, hopefully the history books will show a win and the points for England and we move on and become expansive in other games.

Another tournament.

Another selection of names, big club picks and favourites over form players.

We might win, but selecting Tyrone Mings (who shouldn’t even be in the squad) and a disastrously out of form Sterling for this is running a risk.

We have 2 in form left backs in the squad and he starts Trippier out of position instead. I can understand he might not rate Chillwell defensively in a back 4 but Shaw has had a really good season for Man Utd and top 2 performing left backs in the league. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

First time I will have seen Kramaric playing since he left us - interesting to see how much he has improved since then

Wonder if he still does that thing where he jinks past two men then curls his shot 2 ft over the bar. I heard Tigers were interested in signing him such was his precision in that particular manouvre. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, fazzyfox said:

Wonder if he still does that thing where he jinks past two men then curls his shot 2 ft over the bar. I heard Tigers were interested in signing him such was his precision in that particular manouvre. 

Thought Wilf was already at the Tigerslol

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

I blame the ones who shout "Shoot", have they not been to a game before, or maybe it's the away fans doing it. Having said that it's happened during closed doors games too...

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Come to think of it, Madders' corner taking is not too far off, either

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

6 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Come to think of it, Madders' corner taking is not too far off, either

Kasper can usually get it into touch.

• Haha 2