Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BakerLCFC

Danny Ward

Wonder if Sergio Romero has signed for anyone yet?

Seemed like he was open to staying in England but not sure it'd be happy with another back up keeper role

“Thank God, I have several offers in Europe. The clubs who asked after me are all in Europe, so we’ll see which is the best option.

“It could be England or Italy, we’ll see. And if it’s Spain, that will be a new experience, but I also have to consider my daughters, who are growing up.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfers-sergio-romero-20756717

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Deffo sell! Spent way to much for a 2nd choice keeper. Chance to make our money 

Which Turk are we looking at?

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Id be happy to get our money back and bring iversen in as our no2.. redistribute that money elsewhere.

Iversen needs to be playing every week in the Championship (as currently planned) for his development

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think the decision to sell should be based on whether we can get a replacement for a decent price. I think it's best that Iversen is out on loan playing regularly.

We paid £12.6m for him and he's contracted until 2025. He's been a loyal reserve and played well when called upon. If he feels after this tourno that he wants more games, then unless he indicates he wants to leave, then we'd need to have a pretty decent offer land on our table to sell him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

We paid £12.6m for him and he's contracted until 2025. He's been a loyal reserve and played well when called upon. If he feels after this tourno that he wants more games, then unless he indicates he wants to leave, then we'd need to have a pretty decent offer land on our table to sell him.

Agreed. I didn't make it clear, but I was thinking I'd only sell if it made sense financially after we'd bought a replacement who was about as good as Ward. I agree - It would have to be a big offer to tempt us. Would we able to find someone of about the same ability with enough change left over to make it worthwhile?

57 minutes ago, MPH said:

you have got to be off your rocker if you think we are getting 25 million for ward.

I rate him, and he’s done well in 3 games at the euros, but he’s never played a prem game for us.

He’s contracted until 2025, he counts towards the home grown quota and he’s Wales number 1 and played out of his skin in this tournament. A fair price would be £18 million but realistically unless he hands in a transfer request he’s not leaving.

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Iversen needs to be playing every week in the Championship (as currently planned) for his development

Iversen is 24 in a month and has already had 100+ senior games. 

If we got a good offer for Ward then IMO it would make good sense to sell and bring in Iversen as the No2. If BR thinks he's good enough then he'd get some game time in the early cup rounds and possibly the Europa Cup. 

I'd question how much more developing Iversen needs after 100+ senior games at 24yo and sometimes the club comes before the player's development.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If we got a good offer for Ward then IMO it would make good sense to sell and bring in Iversen as the No2. If BR thinks he's good enough then he'd get some game time in the early cup rounds and possibly the Europa Cup. 

I'd question how much more developing Iversen needs after 100+ senior games at 24yo and sometimes the club comes before the player's development.

Vast majority of which has been at League One and League Two level, just 23 games in the Championship for Preston and 5 for Leuven

Better off playing a full season with Preston (who he is rumoured to be going to) than at most probably 5-10 games for us in the early rounds of the cups

Realistically he is also still in the very early period of his career as keeper, plenty of room to develop if he has only experienced a small amount of championship level football as well

Edited by moore_94

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Iverson is are long term replacement for kasper. It is more important to let him develop. Why sell ward because if Kasper gets injured he is the keeper we would want to play till he is fit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s contracted until 2025, he counts towards the home grown quota and he’s Wales number 1 and played out of his skin in this tournament. A fair price would be £18 million but realistically unless he hands in a transfer request he’s not leaving.

18m would be a good price.

I would not blame him one bit for handing in a request. Let’s face it, we won’t drop Kasper unless his arms drop off and he knows that. His stock is as high as it will ever get so now is his chance of getting a regular 1st time spot albeit in a bottom 10 prem team

Guest StevieLynex
4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

These links were always going to happen after his performances at the Euros.

Let's be honest, he's played against Switzerland, Turkey and Italy's B team. The equivalent of looking good against Newcastle, Southampton and Everton. Sell

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

We've been linked with an excellent one before but GK's best avoid Leicester until Kasper is done.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/liverpool-chelsea-ugurcan-cakir-trabzonspor-leicester-city-chief-quotes

If we've spotted someone with the proper attributes and Ward is leaving then we have to make a move now. We need someone who can do the job and push Kasper to his limits and take his job, if he can. Goalkeepers of the quality that Rodgers needs to play his system are very hard to find. Especially who have great distribution skills. That's the thing about replacing Kasper is that he such a great all around GK and an exceptional shot stopper and leader. If Kasper gets injured or has a run of bad form and the other guy isn't up to the task then the whole teams performance will suffer. If Cakir is the guy than we have to work something out. I'm sure the club has a plan to deal with this.

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago that we had Ron Robert Zieler as backup. Personally, I'm glad that we have someone as reliable as Danny in the squad. He'll probably play all the cup competitions next season so plenty of game time to be had to keep him happy.

I disagree.  He’ll never be happy missing out on prem and European football.

the more I think about it, the more I think he’ll move.

3 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

£12m we paid! Stupid amount of money! Not even Man City pay that for a back up keeper 

Meh, Zack Steffen cost £8m so it’s not far off really is it. Also he was an unproven MLS goalkeeper. 

Seem to be in the minority. But want him to stay and don’t even believe 12mill is too outrageous for a second choice GK in what is such a crucial position. As others have said if Kasper had been injured he would’ve proved invaluable I’m sure. 

We’re currently at the stage where our squad is so strong that even squad players will cost us £15-20mil (Praet, Soumaré, Perez etc.)12 mil for a back up GK, given no one else could even play in that position isn’t such bad value IMO for an able replacement should anything happen to your #1. Just signed a new contract and seems to be happy here, don’t think he’ll leave. 

• Like 4

People saying “oh I bet he’s not happy sitting on bench” whereas he probably isn’t and wants to be playing…. He full well knew when signing what his role would be here. Ward has said himself there’s only ever one spot for a goalkeeper. It’s a whole different scenario with Keepers, it’s not like a centre half where there are two positions, where their bodies go through so much more than a keeper. Kasper has barely missed a minute, goalkeepers very rarely get injured. 

5 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Couldn't blame him really, especially if an established PL team are keen. 

That said, I  certainly don't want him to leave as he's our best back up keeper since Arphexad in my opinion (unless I've forgotten someone very obvious).

Shilton back up for Banks?

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, SO1 said:

If we've spotted someone with the proper attributes and Ward is leaving then we have to make a move now. We need someone who can do the job and push Kasper to his limits and take his job, if he can. Goalkeepers of the quality that Rodgers needs to play his system are very hard to find. Especially who have great distribution skills. That's the thing about replacing Kasper is that he such a great all around GK and an exceptional shot stopper and leader. If Kasper gets injured or has a run of bad form and the other guy isn't up to the task then the whole teams performance will suffer. If Cakir is the guy than we have to work something out. I'm sure the club has a plan to deal with this.

I'd be worried if our main concern is a goalkeeper. There are far more important positions that we need to address first