Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BakerLCFC

Danny Ward

4 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wales-danny-ward-opens-up-24369963

Looks like he definitely wants to stake his claim as a number one, we know that can’t be with Leicester. Having a good euros will push any suitors to the value we’d expect. Our issue is do we use iversen as backup - a player who I think needs to be playing regular- or get someone else in - sadly I don’t trust Jakupović. We may not even want to sell. 

I’m sure this has already been mentioned but he was interviewed on five live last night and said he isn’t happy sitting on the bench and it’s been a difficult 2 years.

Id be shocked if he is here come the start of the season, the tournament and his rare starts for us will convince teams to go for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I'm sure he would but if we got say an £18m offer for Ward then that almost pays for a Soumare or Daka and for a player who doesn't threaten the first team, who is at his peak value and who we have a very competent replacement in Iversen then it makes good sense.

There is another school of thought that maybe Iversen would progress just as well being No2 here and in and around the first team squad. 

The conundrum of what is optimal shouldn't just be solely based on what is better for Iversen but what is better for the club. A big fee for Ward and being able to replace him adequately in house is like free money.

I've never watched Iversen play a full match and went looking on YT and came up with nothing. I'm at the mercy of all of you as to Iversen being capable and fitting in to our style of play (distribution and shot stopping).

Remember(could be dreaming it) something last season when Rodgers was asked and replied that he and Ward had come to some understanding. So maybe Ward had an issue last season as well and played good soldier for us. Feels like the issue is going to be resolved this summer.

If Iversen is up to it then its a no brainer for me. Spend the money elsewhere.

Edited by SO1

28 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m sure this has already been mentioned but he was interviewed on five live last night and said he isn’t happy sitting on the bench and it’s been a difficult 2 years.

Id be shocked if he is here come the start of the season, the tournament and his rare starts for us will convince teams to go for him.

I feel like they must have agreed on him getting more game time here next season otherwise him signing that 4 year deal was a bit stupid of him

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

he's so unhappy in his role here he signed a new deal in the summer.

Many reasons for signing contracts. Good for him and good for us.

16 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Ideally you buy someone who can fill in for the odd game as a no. 2 and is capable enough to play in cup games, but maybe have a recall on Iverson should Kasper sustain a long term injury.

Iverson can only be added to the squad in January if he goes on loan.

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Thanks. Thought I'd missed something. 

I think the concern might be that should he want to move on and we say no, the possibility is there for him to sulk, and would it be worth keeping him in that scenario.

Personally I think his stock won’t have a chance to be higher  than right now and there’s a real possibility he’ll get offers from lower lvl prem teams to be their no.1 . That would rightly be massively tempting to him. He’s been a model pro since being here and it wouldn’t feel right to me for us to block such a career development.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think the concern might be that should he want to move on and we say no, the possibility is there for him to sulk, and would it be worth keeping him in that scenario.

Personally I think his stock won’t have a chance to be higher  than right now and there’s a real possibility he’ll get offers from lower lvl prem teams to be their no.1 . That would rightly be massively tempting to him. He’s been a model pro since being here and it wouldn’t feel right to me for us to block such a career development.

This situation is not coming out of left field for the club or Rodgers. An unwritten rule for me and I expect we should be ready for what is happening now.

If we play hardass with him now its going to cost us when we go looking for understandings with other players and their agents down the line. Contracts aside. Nobody likes a boss who lies and is full of shit. I expect this to be sorted by the end of the window as we take stock of what the market looks like after the Euros. Just a waiting game now.

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

he's so unhappy in his role here he signed a new deal in the summer.

why does he have to be unhappy to want to move on?  He might just want to seize an opportunity that arises.

such is the  masterly way we handle our transfer business, I wouldn’t  be surprised if the new contract was just as much our idea as his  baring  in mind the Euros were coming up. 

We know how good he is. Bigger/longer contracts do two things. keeps a player for longer and increases their transfer value.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We could loan him out to Wolves for a year or 2 for EPL game time, Kasper is 34 while Ward just turned 28 yesterday. Ward may well be our number 1 goal in 2 years time.

If we loan him out, where do we find a competent back-up for Schmeichel in the meantime?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carolina Fox said:

We need him Kasper won’t play every game next season. 

No, but he will play in basically every game deemed 'important. He played 48 of 53 games last season, with Ward feeding on scraps.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2021 at 01:31, moore_94 said:

Wolves expected to sign Jose Sa if Patricio leaves

This was never going to go in any other direction.  Mendes/Gestifute is Sa's agent.

On 24/06/2021 at 09:35, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Great time to sell him whilst he has been in a successful shop window.

whilst he’s good, he’s not great and not that agile. It’s my belief that he’ll never be first choice here and likely to be leapfrogged.

Not his fault but £12m is a massive amount to pay for a guy who played 3 times for Liverpool and is hardly young even by keepers standards.

If a profit is to be made inc LFC 20% then let him go

Ward knew that when he came to city he would be second choice keeper ,no point getting rid of him as it means we are looking for another keeper who is also going to be second choice behind kasper,

14 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Ward knew that when he came to city he would be second choice keeper ,no point getting rid of him as it means we are looking for another keeper who is also going to be second choice behind kasper,

when he came to us he was a third choice keeper. Coming to Leicester he became a second choice.. if he truly has a chance to become first choice  keeper at a top tier club,  he should grab that opportunity with both hands.

Conrad Logan got stick on here for being a 2nd choice keeper for too long. People said he had no ambition.