Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BakerLCFC

Danny Ward

Well arsenal sold villa their back up keeper for about 20m didn't they?

Would say the same to Wolves. 

Ward is also younger and having a blinding Euros so would push for 25+

Personally I wouldn't sell him but I think he may push for a move this summer. 

Pretty sure they are signing Jose Sa from Olympiakos (Mendes deal of course) and he would be 1st choice for them

Just a lazy link to a team that would need a keeper (if they didn’t already have one lined up) after his Euros so far

IF we do sell though we need to get another backup keeper

Jakupovic is probably only good enough for 3rd choice and Iversen needs to be back out on loan playing every week

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted the move as he'll have to wait quite a while to shift Kasper. 

Seems a really good bloke and having a great tournament, so far. 

We'll get a good price for him, so it would make sense if we've got decent cover or someone else in mind

If they want him for less than £25 million they would need him to hand in a transfer request. He qualifies as home grown and we paid £12 million, he’s improved since being here, he’s proven it with displays in a major tournament and he’s still young at 27 for a keeper. 

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Liverpool get 20% sell on clause 

i was amazed to see that . I thought the fee we paid them was ridiculous without even knowing about sell ons. We should avoid Liverpool - let them carry on selling their surplus players and flops to the likes of Southampton and Bournemouth 

23 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Deffo sell! Spent way to much for a 2nd choice keeper. Chance to make our money 

Did we? If Kasper had broken his arm last season, I'd have been safe in the knowledge we had someone good enough to come straight in and cover (look how well he is playing with no match sharpness)

Can't say i'd say the same if we had spent a £1m on a 38 year old like some teams do. Or relied on a youngster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Did we? If Kasper had broken his arm last season, I'd have been safe in the knowledge we had someone good enough to come straight in and cover (look how well he is playing with no match sharpness)

Can't say i'd say the same if we had spent a £1m on a 38 year old like some teams do. Or relied on a youngster.

£12m we paid! Stupid amount of money! Not even Man City pay that for a back up keeper 

I was thinking there's a decent chance he leaves us now. He's a good keeper, better than I thought he was, but he's just simply not going to get chances and he does probably deserve them now.

Might be a good time to cash in.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

If they want him for less than £25 million they would need him to hand in a transfer request. He qualifies as home grown and we paid £12 million, he’s improved since being here, he’s proven it with displays in a major tournament and he’s still young at 27 for a keeper. 

you have got to be off your rocker if you think we are getting 25 million for ward.

I rate him, and he’s done well in 3 games at the euros, but he’s never played a prem game for us.