Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest WarehamFox

Retro games

Recommended Posts

Posted

Emlyn Hughes international football was a great game, graphics were a bit blocky if I remember correctly but it was a great game to play. Spent hours upon hours playing it on my commodore.

  • Like 1
Posted
27 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

I have a board set at home my dad gave me 30 years ago called soccarama 

have you seen that 1?

Can't say I remember that one but looks like it's from the same era.

  • Like 1
Posted

Never found subbuteo much fun to play but I just loved collecting everything and putting them on display.

I had the version with the flood lights and used to cycle to Roy's Sports in Wigston to buy accessories whenever I had any money.

  • Like 1
Posted
12 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Never found subbuteo much fun to play but I just loved collecting everything and putting them on display.

I had the version with the flood lights and used to cycle to Roy's Sports in Wigston to buy accessories whenever I had any money.

How many of the players ended up broken at the ankles, or was it me being heavy handed 🤣

Posted
1 minute ago, Golden Fox said:

Much better condition than my old box: which I recovered from my parents a couple of years ago when my lad got a set...

 

I loved the original game at the time, but playing it now, it made me realize how bad a lot of the equipment was: cloth that had folds in it, goals that you had to hold down when playing, lightweight figures that pinged all over the place... so I've updated the equipment with a better pitch, fences to go round the edge and velcro to hold down the goals and it does make a much better game.

 

I just needed some modern players (heavier and flatter bases to actually go in the direction you flicked them in) but wasn't impressed with the choice of teams, so took ended up taking the plunge and painted a couple of Leicester teams, which I then followed up with a couple of teams for them to play against...

 

IMG_20210615_144259.jpg.245624f77d8e81165ab04a65e2603f92.jpgIMG_20210615_144511.jpg.dc09b45bc4213f6506cda70b1f9e85d6.jpgIMG_20210615_143925.jpg.10e892295679a3e24df85940a4b85373.jpgIMG_20210615_133757.jpg.d843d2f723386837d2ad5e60ae4c3a6c.jpg

 

The joys of lockdown... most people didn't have cameras on for work meetings, so I spend several meetings discussing high powered issues while working on these!

Mate fantastic effort there you have done a good job, and that wasn’t my box on the picture, Jesus my box would of been damaged  From day 4 🤣

Posted
35 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Never could get on with Subbuteo, looked good though when you nailed the pitch to your mums table, preferred Striker.

 Striker top image

Same as you, Subbuteo never worked for me but Striker was fun. Probably still got that in my mum's loft.

Guest Basildon Fox
Posted

Player Manager (1990) - MobyGames

 

Great game on the Commodore Amiga.

Posted
8 hours ago, Kingleicester said:


Always wanted the stands to this but never got them 🥺, still hours of fun though, although I never knew the rules just made up my own 🤣

 

 

You needed a double 6 to start...

  • Haha 1
Posted
13 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Now I'm trying to remember what footy game I had on the speccy... 

Microprose soccer by any chance? Had this on the C64. Amazing game (at the time anyway) 

Posted
3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Same as you, Subbuteo never worked for me but Striker was fun. Probably still got that in my mum's loft.

Ditto. Also loved this game - which was basically football player-shaped tiddly winks! 

5ECABBAA-0488-422F-8FA1-4E3922B00063.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Ditto. Also loved this game - which was basically football player-shaped tiddly winks! 

5ECABBAA-0488-422F-8FA1-4E3922B00063.jpeg

Crikey, you’ve just reminded me that I had that. Absolutely brilliant game. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Haha 1
Posted
2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Ditto. Also loved this game - which was basically football player-shaped tiddly winks! 

What was that one where you pressed on their heads to make them kick?

Posted
6 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

What was that one where you pressed on their heads to make them kick?

Striker. Striker was the one where you had to stretch a ribbon around the pitch to stop the ball rolling off. Loved that game. 

  • Like 1
Posted
18 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Striker. Striker was the one where you had to stretch a ribbon around the pitch to stop the ball rolling off. Loved that game. 

You had to spin the keeper to throw the ball out, always ended up throwing it into my own net.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, steve555 said:

You had to spin the keeper to throw the ball out, always ended up throwing it into my own net.

I’d totally forgotten about that ! 😂

Posted
17 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Now I'm trying to remember what footy game I had on the speccy... 

match day and match day 2 maybe or Emlyn Hughes international soccer? 

Posted
7 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Never could get on with Subbuteo, looked good though when you nailed the pitch to your mums table, preferred Striker.

 Striker top image

I got this for my birthday many years ago. 

Think it was Newcastle Utd v Manchester United. 

I unwrapped my pressie, set it up and then went to the cinema with a couple of my friends which my mum and dad paid for. 

 

When I returned one of the players heads was missing and a goalkeeper had lost an arm. 

 

My older brother had a game of it with his mates and broke the fecker whilst I was out. 

 

Never replaced it, the bast+rd and anyone that knows this game, you pressed the button to make the keeper do a full length save. 

 

So a one armed keeper wasn't great😄

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...