Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
possiblygeorge

The Foxes Tattoo thread

I want to get something like this but with 'Leicester win Premier League' and have the clock tower in the background and amend some other background parts.

13177350_233108617064643_145562102341253

I already have this realism fox (never pictures well because curvature of the arm but looks better in person) It's part of a lower forearm forest scene sleeve 

13227143_233108283731343_377665829548368

• Like 1

This is mine, right over my heart.

I hate to say it, but your heart is nowhere near that. Your heart lies in the centre of your chest ( just to the left of your sternum) level with your nips!

Your heart's position is in red below (I've done this LCFC heart thing before you know! :P ):

chest.jpg?1463092966619&1463092966924&14

Edited by Phube
  • Like 3

I want a Leicester tattoo, but I have this terrible phobia of it looking absolutely shit and being stuck with it for the rest of my life.

Same, I have found my design though. It's a Fox design but more modern and no relation to football. Just worried it could look shit, so gonna take my time to find a good tattooist

I have mine planned. It's like an old school oil pump think like the ones you'd get in the yank desserts or summat. I want a resevoir underneath which obviously holds the good sh1t. I was gonna get this over my heart with a blood red heart shaped reservoir with a polka trash twist. However after this season the resorvoir will a heart shaped filled blue to indicate im a blue blooded leicester fan. My mate is an artist and she designs most my tatts.

Edited by casablancas

A good tattooist has a waiting list about a year long and is usually based in London or Europe.

True, i can't get into my tattooist for nearly 3 months

Yeah classic tattoo mistake is to go to someone who's £50 a hour instead of £60/£70 and is available straight away instead of waiting a few months, we have some great tattooists down in Cornwall but don't really know of any really decent 1s around Leicester 

A good tattooist has a waiting list about a year long and is usually based in London or Europe.

Bit of an exaggeration there.

If you want the best artists they'll have waiting lists that can be a year and easily longer yes, but there are decent artists out there (plenty not in London, not sure why you're making such a sweeping statement like that) if you look for ones that suit what you want who you won't have to wait too long for.

Bit of an exaggeration there.

If you want the best artists they'll have waiting lists that can be a year and easily longer yes, but there are decent artists out there (plenty not in London, not sure why you're making such a sweeping statement like that) if you look for ones that suit what you want who you won't have to wait too long for.

Maybe it was but you agree with the waiting lists, take that 'Ripper strikes again' sleeve on page 3.

Now, most artists will probably have a go at it but how many local ones could do it like that? That's surely by a top artist and not a local one, I'm guessing and making a sweeping statement but that's my view of it.

Sweeping statement, but pretty much true. It's like anything, generally you get what you pay for. There will be exceptions, but tattoos aren't something worth taking any kind of a chancellor. A bit of money and patience is in order.

London is overpriced for most things - overheads and rent will be more expensive, so push the hourly rates up, but London is London and costs more. But it has such a good concentration of artists of various styles. Look at the roster at places like Frith Street, Family Business, Kids Love Ink and Into You to name a few.

In the last ten years I've had work by Valerie Vargas, Mo Copoletta and Dom Holmes. With the exception of Val, who was starting out at the time, I had to wait between 6 and 12 months for an appointment and the hourly rates were high. But i don't regret the wait, the price or, most importantly, the work. No way would I wander into a random local shop and get inked, just because I could done there and then - unless it was a Friday 13th walk-in...

• Like 1

Sweeping statement, but pretty much true. It's like anything, generally you get what you pay for. There will be exceptions, but tattoos aren't something worth taking any kind of a chancellor. A bit of money and patience is in order.

London is overpriced for most things - overheads and rent will be more expensive, so push the hourly rates up, but London is London and costs more. But it has such a good concentration of artists of various styles. Look at the roster at places like Frith Street, Family Business, Kids Love Ink and Into You to name a few.

In the last ten years I've had work by Valerie Vargas, Mo Copoletta and Dom Holmes. With the exception of Val, who was starting out at the time, I had to wait between 6 and 12 months for an appointment and the hourly rates were high. But i don't regret the wait, the price or, most importantly, the work. No way would I wander into a random local shop and get inked, just because I could done there and then - unless it was a Friday 13th walk-in...

What tattoos have you had done?

I use Vivid Ink in Birmingham they have 5 Branches and some very talented artists. Its all about finding who specializes in what you want. 2 guys will be £80ph but 1 will ve better at realism the other at Japanese art work so always research there work. Like I said earlier in the thread I am currently having 2 sleeves done by 2 different artists because they are both better than the other for what I want on each arm.