Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

30 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Target decision date eve. Expecting it to come and go and then a new date announced of September, or something. Would be nice to get an update from the club. It should be well under construction by now. 

There aren't dozens of construction workers sitting around just waiting for lcfc to call. Even if permission is granted tomorrow it could be months before work starts.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

There aren't dozens of construction workers sitting around just waiting for lcfc to call. Even if permission is granted tomorrow it could be months before work starts.

Obviously. What happened to my (and other) comment? 

As I said previously, Q1 was when the club scheduled to start construction and that would now be well under way had the original target decision date been met. Nothing to do with the appointment of construction workers. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Nothing has been updated on the planning portal yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if the cost of materials is causing a significant problem with funding.

Surely that won't stop the planners from issuing a decision? I haven't seen any predictions that building costs will be coming down any time soon. We are stuck with this for the foreseeable. It's now or most probably never and looking around at the amount of building work going on in residential areas it seems many have come to that conclusion (me included). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Nothing has been updated on the planning portal yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if the cost of materials is causing a significant problem with funding.

It’s possible that they are waiting to see if we will be in the Europa League next season as that could generate the income we need..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

It’s possible that they are waiting to see if we will be in the Europa League next season as that could generate the income we need..

That has nothing to do with planning permission.  It's approved by the council planners in a meeting and then that approval can last for a few years .

The only was LCFC can delay it is by adding to it or withdrawing the application. 

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Surely that won't stop the planners from issuing a decision? I haven't seen any predictions that building costs will be coming down any time soon. We are stuck with this for the foreseeable. It's now or most probably never and looking around at the amount of building work going on in residential areas it seems many have come to that conclusion (me included). 

It shouldn’t stop any decisions but I’m just guessing as quite a few football building projects have been delayed or cancelled due to cost increases.

Doubt we’re in now or never territory yet as the owners invested in the training ground when we were mid table coasting with Puel. 

The residential areas are just outline permissions so in theory once permission is obtained it’s just a question of completing the build in the allotted time.

The owners ultimately own the land so we are in a good position regarding any future development (as long as they are still interested in Leicester City of course!)

There's been nothing on the planning portal for weeks.

Do we think that work will start close season regardless of the hyrbrid application, as they have permission for the national grid building demolition and utilities works?

I would think if they don't start in May/June then the stand won't completed until 2025.

Also does anyone know if we have a contractor lined up or if it has been put out to tender etc?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

...this is bigger than European cup receipts!!!

The cost of materials may be an issue, but they will have to suck up the additional cost and continue the process. Waiting till next season or after, is not going to make this project any cheaper and the amount spent to get the planning done so far, means too much to lose and write off.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The cost of materials may be an issue, but they will have to suck up the additional cost and continue the process. Waiting till next season or after, is not going to make this project any cheaper and the amount spent to get the planning done so far, means too much to lose and write off.

TBH I am not that bothered about the expansion - the extra gate money is trivial in comparison with TV fees... and I worry the atmosphere will be worse.  I accept I am in a minority view... so fans can push for it  - and if it goes ahead I won't lose sleep...  yet if it doesn't get done I won't mind. Agnostic rather then anti.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

It shouldn’t stop any decisions but I’m just guessing as quite a few football building projects have been delayed or cancelled due to cost increases.

Doubt we’re in now or never territory yet as the owners invested in the training ground when we were mid table coasting with Puel. 

The residential areas are just outline permissions so in theory once permission is obtained it’s just a question of completing the build in the allotted time.

The owners ultimately own the land so we are in a good position regarding any future development (as long as they are still interested in Leicester City of course!)

Building in residential areas requires full planning consent. I've just been through it and currently going through another application (but that's another story :rolleyes:). The alloted time is 3 years. 

1 hour ago, TWUKO said:

There's been nothing on the planning portal for weeks.

Do we think that work will start close season regardless of the hyrbrid application, as they have permission for the national grid building demolition and utilities works?

I would think if they don't start in May/June then the stand won't completed until 2025.

Also does anyone know if we have a contractor lined up or if it has been put out to tender etc?

No, from my understanding the whole project will fail without the outline consent for the other 7 buildings. In other words, it's all or nothing, no East Stand without the rest. 

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

That has nothing to do with planning permission.  It's approved by the council planners in a meeting and then that approval can last for a few years .

The only was LCFC can delay it is by adding to it or withdrawing the application. 

i was more talking about the delay on moving forward with the process in general. 

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

but it’s not just the receipts is it? Sponsorship. Tv money..

It is a “hybrid” application so yes - the expansion is linked to the rest of the project being approved. 

But the applications are different…

The expansion is a full application, meaning building work can begin once it is approved. 

The rest of the site is just an outline application - meaning the council would be agreeing in principle to the idea of the development, with detailed proposals presented further down the line. 

From my understanding, outline permission is often sought by developers who want to raise money for a project (because it gives potential investors more certainty it will actually get built) 

In terms of the delay…I have no idea. Presumably it’s on the council’s side but frankly who knows 

• Like 1