Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Golden Fox

Football Kits 2022/23

On 08/08/2022 at 13:22, LcFc_Smiv said:

Barnsley seem to have gone a bit off the boil with their sponsors. An overly sized logo by a crypto community on the shirt and some text on the shorts that looks like something from Microsoft word. Fans are kicking up quite a bit of noise on social media channels lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62517442

Barnsley have binned their sponsor 

3 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62517442

Barnsley have binned their sponsor 

Not surprised, the whole thing was becoming a disaster. The users of HEX had descended upon the social media channels like some sort of cult so fans actual interaction with the club via various channels was ruined as well. Raises more questions about clubs going down the Crypto route for sponsorship.

7 hours ago, Scotch said:

...Last year's away.

Sorry for spamming the thread but only just heard of this club today (despite being Scottish) and I want every one of those kits. 

0_Awayfinal_a64c8410-01fa-430d-b329-2ca5002f9ca7_720x.jpg

This is what gets me...  a 6th tier scottish team can put this much effort into bespoke kits. A consistent branding for home and away and a proper off the wall kit as a 3rd.

Really shows up how much Adidas is just about maximising revenue for minimum input. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

This is what gets me...  a 6th tier scottish team can put this much effort into bespoke kits. A consistent branding for home and away and a proper off the wall kit as a 3rd.

Really shows up how much Adidas is just about maximising revenue for minimum input. :(

It's actually pretty mental how much of a difference a few cracking kits and some good branding will do. 

I mean  this team aren't too far off pub league level and are getting thousands and thousands of pre orders every year from all over the world. That money os going towards their own stadium instead of the council park they play at which will increase crowds etc...

...A few cracking kits are eventually going to lead this team into the Scottish leagues. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scotch said:

It's actually pretty mental how much of a difference a few cracking kits and some good branding will do. 

I mean  this team aren't too far off pub league level and are getting thousands and thousands of pre orders every year from all over the world. That money os going towards their own stadium instead of the council park they play at which will increase crowds etc...

...A few cracking kits are eventually going to lead this team into the Scottish leagues. 

Theres a few clibs like that...  Another are Forward Maddison FC

image.png.f4f396ab2e4d2d72bb9a3ed7f9894fe3.png

A quick google will show some more of their offerings. 

Thier logo isn't even a flamingo,  but a plastic flamingo: "The team's logo features a flamingo, as the city's official bird is the plastic flamingo lawn ornament." 

Its really not my taste, but shows that there is a lot of creativity out there, and if you put the extra effort in and do something unique and different, you can sell a lot of shirts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

Theres a few clibs like that...  Another are Forward Maddison FC

image.png.f4f396ab2e4d2d72bb9a3ed7f9894fe3.png

A quick google will show some more of their offerings. 

Thier logo isn't even a flamingo,  but a plastic flamingo: "The team's logo features a flamingo, as the city's official bird is the plastic flamingo lawn ornament." 

Its really not my taste, but shows that there is a lot of creativity out there, and if you put the extra effort in and do something unique and different, you can sell a lot of shirts.

That's a belter. 

Lochness FC got lucky. MOTD tweeted their kit a couple of years ago and it got some momentum rolling for them. 

On 15/08/2022 at 22:09, Samilktray said:

Those Loch Ness kits are bloody awful if you ignore the novelty factor though let’s be honest lol 

A few years ago, when we were in the cycle of home and away kits lasting for 2 years, I'd have thoroughly agreed with you.

These days, with 3 new kits every season, its reached saturation point. If you like a kit, its gone before you know it, and if you don't, its gone before you know it. The way Adidas approaches our kits - home + 2 away kits, put 3 stripes on, monochrome badge, pick a different colour with no historic connection to the club & maybe put an unusual texture on the shirt - and that will do, means there is pretty much nothing in any of our away kits to make them either "Leicestery" or memorable. And its not just us: so many clubs out there are in exactly the same position, and the whole new kit release cycle now just seems to be mainly a homogeneous treadmill.

Its novelty kits like these that are pushing the boundaries: if we had a classy home and a white or yellow away, we have more than enough room for a novelty kit as well: bloody awful or not, they would break up the current laziness (and I reckon would sell in bucketloads and the only way a shirt will now become a classic down the line is by being different)!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Adidas’s World Cup kits are levels above Nikes. Some real stinkers from them 

Can’t believe how bad some of them are!

Current World Champions trotting out in a plain Henley lol 

Obvs they’ve but their usual effort into Nigeria after how much they milked out of them in 2018

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Can’t believe how bad some of them are!

Current World Champions trotting out in a plain Henley lol 

Obvs they’ve but their usual effort into Nigeria after how much they milked out of them in 2018

Actually think both the France efforts are the best of the lot. England away is decent, Brazil home is great and Poland have a decent pair. Rest are awful, no idea how they’ve fvcked up a Holland shirt