Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Benjamin Bourigeaud

I'm just giving my feelings, the return match was very badly experienced here, and it continues https://phare-ouest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1942&start=540 , I don't want to restart the debate . Simply, I find it hard to see a player so attached to the club and its supporters disappointing them. He is a simple, honest guy, who has almost become one of the great figures of the club. This is why, in addition to the sporting and financial aspects, I do not believe that he makes this choice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

I'm just giving my feelings, the return match was very badly experienced here, and it continues https://phare-ouest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1942&start=540 , I don't want to restart the debate . Simply, I find it hard to see a player so attached to the club and its supporters disappointing them. He is a simple, honest guy, who has almost become one of the great figures of the club. This is why, in addition to the sporting and financial aspects, I do not believe that he makes this choice.

I can't see much truth in this myself but could be wrong, I thought he was one of your best players over the 2 legs and has clearly had a very good season, from what you say Bourigeaud probably fits the character of player we go after being humble and down to earth and doesn't seem to have a big ego.  

I think we could probably double (not that we would) what he currently earns which may be a reason for him wanting to come abroad at his age as well. 

Time will tell. 

18 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Everyone seems to be raving about Eriksen and he's 30.

Several EPL clubs want to sign him in the summer

Yeah, but he's proven in the league. Bourigeaud would have to adapt to a new league/country and as we've seen that could take a year or two and he's already 28. Not worth that risk considering he's got no resale value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roazhon said:

Hello, a few details: we can estimate its market value at 15 M €. He is not the best paid player, it is the fifth salary, 140,000 €, and he wants a strong revaluation.
Now could he sign for Leicester? I'm not sure. On the sporting side, he is probably looking for a club playing in the Champions League. Affectively, he is a club player, not mercenary (2 clubs in his career, Lens, Rennes), attached to the supporters, and I can hardly imagine him joining Leicester after the recent confrontations between the two clubs, and their context.

Is that salary per month or per year??  He would be a welcome addition as he will keep his room at to our Training Base tidy and give the rest of our squad tips on bin liners and vacuuming. 

• Like 1

I find this a weird comment. In terms of sporting aspects, he would be joing the most prestigious league in the world and financial? We could double his wahlges without breaking a sweat. 

Personally I hope your right though. He looks very average. 

I just dropped by to give some info and impressions on a player you are talking about...

I don't think those comments are aimed at you, just a general bewilderment that Rennes fans still seem to be talking about the changing room stuff. We appreciate you stopping by with opinions and info! Always interesting to get fans' opinions of their players when it comes to transfers.

• Like 2

An already old story, now each of the two clubs is turned towards its objectives: for Rennes, to win Europe for the 5th consecutive year (and to stay on the subject, not to lose too many essential players in the quality of our collective, Bourigeaud therefore, but also Traoré, even Aguerd), and for you to win the Conference League. And if you ever go to the final against Marseille, be nice to Rennes, who will face them on May 14. If ever we can help you by exhausting them!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What the hell even supposedly happened in the changing room, LOL.  I must’ve slept through the whole “controversy”.

Apparently we are no involved in some sort of blood fued because of this....Screenshot_20220427-093357_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7026805efb6a93041b2f4e804b422709.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

I thought my comments was going to go over ALL heads. So thanks for this! 

Ha - exactly the same line popped into my head, with exactly the same conclusion. Was lucky enough to see him a few times, first at Glastonbury in 1993 and lastly, in the year before he died, at Rough Trade East. My musical Vardy

• 1 month later...

https://www.jeunesfooteux.com/Stade-Rennais-Benjamin-Bourigeaud-et-Martin-Terrier-convoites-par-Leicester_a56088.html

Stade Rennais: Benjamin Bourigeaud and Martin Terrier coveted by Leicester

At the end of the contract in June 2023 at Stade Rennais, Benjamin Bourigeaud has still not made a decision about his future. If he clearly does not rule out extending his lease in Rennes - he has a three-year contract offer - the 28-year-old midfielder trained at RC Lens, wants to give himself time, and for good reason...   

Announced in the sights of many European teams including Sevilla FC, AC Milan, Naples, AS Roma, Inter Milan and Leicester, Benjamin Bourigeaud has not hidden that he would like to take up a first challenge abroad.

Something that clearly did not escape the Foxes. Closely watched by Leicester for several months, in particular to compensate for the probable departure of Youri Tielemans (Arsenal? Manchester United? Chelsea?), the Stade Rennais midfielder could well be the subject of an offer from the English club in the next days. 

Indeed, Bourigeaud's profile has already been validated by Foxes coach Brendan Rodgers, who also has another Rennes player in his sights. According to our information, the SRFC striker, Martin Terrier, caught the eye of the Leicester coach.