Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Benjamin Bourigeaud

https://www.stade-rennais-online.com/INFO-SRO-Leicester-apprecie-Benjamin-Bourigeaud.html

INFO SRO: Leicester appreciates Benjamin Bourigeaud
According to our information, the Leicester club, resident of the Premier League and opponent of Stade Rennes in the Europa League Conference this season, appreciates the profile of Benjamin Bourigeaud.

This is obviously an issue that will animate the summer of Stade Rennes. At the club since 2017 and author of a breathtaking season (9 goals and 14 assists in 43 games), Benjamin Bourigeaud is at a turning point in his career. At 28, the midfielder who has only known two clubs in his career (Lens previously) is one year from the end of his contract at Stade Rennes (2023), and will therefore have to this summer, according to what Florian Maurice has put in place for the players one year from the end of their contract, to make the decision to extend or to offer themselves a new challenge, which could probably be abroad.

In this sense, the vlce-captain of the SRFC recently teamed up with Federico Pastorello, agent at the head of P&P Sport Management, one of the largest firms on the market having entered many European clubs, particularly in Italy. But Bourigeaud is also popular in the Premier League, and especially on the side of Leicester.

APPRECIATED PROFILE
According to our information, Leicester appreciate the player's profile. Brendan Rodgers was won over by his performances during the double confrontation between Stade Rennes and Leicester in the round of 16 of the Europa League Conference (0-2, 2-1). Bourigeaud had also scored the first goal of the SRFC in the return match at Roazhon Park, that of the revolt, from the 8th minute.

Leicester, however, must deal with the uncertainty surrounding their next season. Tenth in the Premier League after its draw against Aston Villa on Saturday (0-0), the English club (42 points) is out of the fight for European places in the league, and should play everything in the Europa League Conference. Qualified in the semi-finals, the Foxes will challenge AS Roma (April 28, May 5) in the first leg.

Leicester is therefore not yet certain of its fate, but knows that it will have to strengthen itself in the midfield, in particular with the probable departure of Youri Tielemans (under contract until 2023). Accustomed to recruiting young players, the 2016 English champion could be tempted by the more experienced profile of Benjamin Bourigeaud, who is one of the leads for this position.

• Like 1

He's a good player. Actually many of that Rennes team were very impressive... their CB captain and raiding full back also stood out to me. 

Given Tielemans will be off and we might not be in Europe, then despite his age, this guy could be a good pickup for us. Especially if Mendy also leaves. Only downside for me is I fear he ends up being another Praet / Iborra / Adrien Silva that doesn't make the grade. Soumare not being used at all is also a real worry. I feel like last summer we made no signing thats truly improved us and were lucky that KDH came back and did force his way into the first team. 

He is actually more of a wide player but very versatile, which would make him very useful to us...

Td9x3Ig.png

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's a good player. Actually many of that Rennes team were very impressive... their CB captain and raiding full back also stood out to me. 

Given Tielemans will be off and we might not be in Europe, then despite his age, this guy could be a good pickup for us. Especially if Mendy also leaves. Only downside for me is I fear he ends up being another Praet / Iborra / Adrien Silva that doesn't make the grade. Soumare not being used at all is also a real worry. I feel like last summer we made no signing thats truly improved us and were lucky that KDH came back and did force his way into the first team. 

He is actually more of a wide player but very versatile, which would make him very useful to us...

Td9x3Ig.png

I feel like this would end up being another go at a “Perez”

E88CFA5A-167F-44CB-ADF4-9010C8D214FF.jpeg

EB9F90BC-1EF6-4890-94AC-39E37CC5B2E6.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fairly lightweight and part of a team that is on fire and went out of Europe to a team that can barely put 2 wins together. Oh and 28 so no resale value and probably ends up adding to our millions being spent on players that Rodgers doesn't trust.

Proper Rodgers player

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rennes are a very impressive team, they look to have a lot of good talent. He seems to fit our mould but hope he’s been properly scouted.

The sort of signing that doesn’t break the bank and goes under the radar without added pressure. We clearly do have the french league as a priority for our scouts 

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

28 is too old for the type of profile we should be going after, imo.

You can't compete with exclusively young talent - you need established players too. 28 isn't so young in football now either, we'll lose some resale value, sure, but if he (or any other 28 y/o) play at the level required of them, that's a cost worth paying surely?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

You can't compete with exclusively young talent - you need established players too. 28 isn't so young in football now either, we'll lose some resale value, sure, but if he (or any other 28 y/o) play at the level required of them, that's a cost worth paying surely?

I can see it turn out like Sanson at Aston Villa (and he was a few years younger). It would have to be for under 10 million, imo.

Hello, a few details: we can estimate its market value at 15 M €. He is not the best paid player, it is the fifth salary, 140,000 €, and he wants a strong revaluation.
Now could he sign for Leicester? I'm not sure. On the sporting side, he is probably looking for a club playing in the Champions League. Affectively, he is a club player, not mercenary (2 clubs in his career, Lens, Rennes), attached to the supporters, and I can hardly imagine him joining Leicester after the recent confrontations between the two clubs, and their context.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Hello, a few details: we can estimate its market value at 15 M €. He is not the best paid player, it is the fifth salary, 140,000 €, and he wants a strong revaluation.
Now could he sign for Leicester? I'm not sure. On the sporting side, he is probably looking for a club playing in the Champions League. Affectively, he is a club player, not mercenary (2 clubs in his career, Lens, Rennes), attached to the supporters, and I can hardly imagine him joining Leicester after the recent confrontations between the two clubs, and their context.

What confrontation? We beat you, simple as that. Still don't understand why Rennes were/still are so upset about it. Very odd