Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Benjamin Bourigeaud

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Love this - someone at the club will tell a Twitter account they are interested in a couple of Rennes players but won’t tell the actual club they play for 😂

Quite a few gullible people hanging on the bullshit 

“#LCFC are pushing for a permanent exit for Dennis Praet, however 5 clubs have enquired about taking the player on loan

A compromise could be a loan fee.”

“#LCFC are also open to allowing Ryan Bertrand to leave the club if a suitable offer arrives, while Luke Thomas is being touted for a championship loan. The manager rates Thomas highly and wants to get him consistent game time.”

“#LCFC are in talks with James Maddison ‘RE a new 4 year contract. Player/club relationship has always been positive but a year ago, management had lost trust in his performances. Player now seen as key for the project going forwards. Manager and player relationship is excellent.”

Watch out Percy 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, taupe said:

I'm concerned as to whether we're looking at the right quality of player. This is like stocking the pantry rather than thinking what's for dinner. We've got cans of beans already.

I think it's more about giving us the push to get back into Europe. With Newcastle likely to be up there, the conference league is our best hope. Do we want a player who has played at the highest level and in Europe, or do we want for example somebody who has had a pretty decent season in the championship but no top flight or European experience.

Plus 8m, we could do a lot worse I think.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

When we are linked with players, I always find it instructive to find out what the fans of the player’s current club feel about the possibility of them leaving. Lille fans, for example, seemed completely indifferent to Soumare leaving, which concerned me at the time. By contrast, Rennes fans seem completely gutted about the possibility of Bourigeaud leaving - they absolutely love him. Based on this spurious reasoning, it’s a yes from me :P

Well I just hope no other clubs fans ask us about Vestergaard then. We will never get rid of him.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

“#LCFC are pushing for a permanent exit for Dennis Praet, however 5 clubs have enquired about taking the player on loan

“#LCFC are also open to allowing Ryan Bertrand to leave the club if a suitable offer arrives, while Luke Thomas is being touted for a championship loan. The manager rates Thomas highly and wants to get him consistent game time.”

“#LCFC are in talks with James Maddison ‘RE a new 4 year contract. Player/club relationship has always been positive but a year ago, management had lost trust in his performances. Player now seen as key for the project going forwards. Manager and player relationship is excellent.”

Watch out Percy 

Come come my curmudgeonly friend.  I don't think anyone is being gullible. It's just people discussing a rather tenuous transfer link on a transfer forum, shock horror.  I believe we've been linked in the French media also.  

12 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Watch out Percy 

You mean Lcfchq isn’t Rudkin’s Twitter account ???

Based off of this season, he looks quality. A really creative wide man, who can score and take really effective corners, he works pretty hard too. His main downside would be his age, but if the price is right, I think that would probably work quite well for us. It’s just not in our style to spend a lot of money on players that don’t have a sell on value. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a good player to be fair, I'd class him as a more aggressive Perez or Praet type player.

It's another player in their late 20s who will be on inflated wages, impossible to shift and no resale value. We're playing a dangerous game by continually dipping into this market.

If Top wants us to be self sustainable, we can't keep signing players that we can't move on for a decent fee. We'll be screwed in a couple of seasons.

I really do hope there's nothing in these links.

• Like 3