Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

''Summer re-build''

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Surely people have learnt by now it’s not easy just to sell players.

I don’t think it’s as easy as saying “Tielemans Praet Soyuncu and Perez will go”.

We spent years trying to get rid of players we didn’t want anymore. I mean Mendy and Amartey are only really here because we couldn’t shift them in previous seasons then needed them after injury.

....there will be no problems in offloading these players!!!

Perez will be the interesting one, we might have to take a big hit on him. The fringe players are the ones which we struggle to offload, either down to we are paying them too much, and they are unwilling to take a hit and would rather run their contract down.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there will be no problems in offloading these players!!!

Perez will be the interesting one, we might have to take a big hit on him. The fringe players are the ones which we struggle to offload, either down to we are paying them too much, and they are unwilling to take a hit and would rather run their contract down.

I’m not convinced. Think clubs could easily just look at Tielemans and Soyuncu’s horrendous last 12 months and decide they’d rather get them on a free in 12 months and there’s no point risking a fee on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’m not convinced. Think clubs could easily just look at Tielemans and Soyuncu’s horrendous last 12 months and decide they’d rather get them on a free in 12 months and there’s no point risking a fee on them.

Youri will go for £40m this summer I think - there's too much noise about interested clubs.

Soy will be off as well I think, not sure what we'd get for him but you'd hope £20m.

Bear in mind Ings went for £28 million with a year left on his contract.

Perez will be hard to shift for a decent fee because it appears he's on money that nobody in their right mind would offer him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

...not sure clubs think that way, especially in respect of Tielemans and Soyuncu!!!

Clubs always believe they can rehabilitate players and get the best out of them, his form may have been under par, but even we shelled out to bring Tielemans here, when his value at Monaco was rock bottom, with their supporters happy to take £15m for him and drive him to a British club themselves. Soyuncu will be no different he cost us £18.99m we will get our money back on this deal. Transfer Market values him at £40.50m (although their valuation tends not reflect his real valuation).

On 08/05/2022 at 16:40, Dahnsouff said:

Vardy, Kasper, Youri, Marc, Jonny. We don’t need a rebuild?  lol

Keep your anti-Rodgers post  in the Brendan thread eh?

This post was started before last night's victory.

I've read much of your rearguard defence of Rodgers on the appropriate thread. It's been a reasoned series of posts but I think there are too many 'againsts' for you to overwhelm, imo, the criticisms levelled at him.

I'm beginning to wish the whole debate could be moved to a proper court of law where the evidence could be presented in a place of calm assessment (preferably after the Wagatha Christie affair is over).

Youri Tielemans will not have to be asked twice to leave. His apparent vacillation about transferring out has been a smokescreen to conceal his real ambition. It's best he goes and, after the gradual tailing off of his performances it will be a relief when he leaves. However, although touted as a £40m player, the queue for his services looks undersubscribed as yet.

Schmeichel as shown little loss of capability of what he does best. But City do need a keeper who can command more than a metre beyond the goal line. He's still good enough, but not for a club seeking to solve a big problem. But wouldn't Ward be capable enough in a competent back line?

Evans has reached a point of physical inconsistency - due to his susceptibility to injury. City have needed an understudy for him for three seasons now. Finding a captain of the defence is going to be expensive but v. necessary.

I think last night proved that it's impossible to know when to write  Jamie Vardy off. He's still a potent force, if not at the sublime level of four seasons back. I think its impetuous to see him as already redundant, but I admit a solution has to be found to what has been a problem for several seasons - finding him a line of supply. Barnes got inspired last night to do it.

As for Marc Albrighton, he's still capable of the best crossing of the ball from the right of anyone in the squad. With Vardy returning, hopefully, to consistency, Marc still might have a place in the squad for another season at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gerblod said:

This post was started before last night's victory.

I've read much of your rearguard defence of Rodgers on the appropriate thread. It's been a reasoned series of posts but I think there are too many 'againsts' for you to overwhelm, imo, the criticisms levelled at him.

I'm beginning to wish the whole debate could be moved to a proper court of law where the evidence could be presented in a place of calm assessment (preferably after the Wagatha Christie affair is over).

Youri Tielemans will not have to be asked twice to leave. His apparent vacillation about transferring out has been a smokescreen to conceal his real ambition. It's best he goes and, after the gradual tailing off of his performances it will be a relief when he leaves. However, although touted as a £40m player, the queue for his services looks undersubscribed as yet.

Schmeichel as shown little loss of capability of what he does best. But City do need a keeper who can command more than a metre beyond the goal line. He's still good enough, but not for a club seeking to solve a big problem. But wouldn't Ward be capable enough in a competent back line?

Evans has reached a point of physical inconsistency - due to his susceptibility to injury. City have needed an understudy for him for three seasons now. Finding a captain of the defence is going to be expensive but v. necessary.

I think last night proved that it's impossible to know when to write  Jamie Vardy off. He's still a potent force, if not at the sublime level of four seasons back. I think its impetuous to see him as already redundant, but I admit a solution has to be found to what has been a problem for several seasons - finding him a line of supply. Barnes got inspired last night to do it.

As for Marc Albrighton, he's still capable of the best crossing of the ball from the right of anyone in the squad. With Vardy returning, hopefully, to consistency, Marc still might have a place in the squad for another season at least.

Thanks for the reasoned response, much appreicated.

I do take a slight issue with the "rearguard defence" comment, although I accept this is what it must seem like and the reason I take issue is that it seemed overwhelming, the amount of negativity, much of which was without provided reason, and was just hyperbolic venting. I get it happens but it sure was a lot, or perhaps I have now become so entrenched in this position?

My issue (And it is mine) is a refusal to acknowledge and contributing factors to our poor performance this season, or if it is acknowledged to instantly dismiss with such statements as "yeah, we have had injuries but..." or "people are back from injuries now so..." and too me, these statements reject any acceptance  of the realities of the situation. (Players are back from injury but they need to get back to match fitness, etc for example)

But I ain`t his mam, I am not a fan of his persona and I don`t need to stick up for him, but as its people have a right to complain, its my right to ask for consideration of context in all the moaning.

Regarding the players mentioned

• Vardy - never meant to write him off, he is Steve Austin in football form. His mentality, movement and 'savvy' is world class, and I hope he can contiue for 20 years, but I fear he will become more prone to niggles over the coming seasons
  • Kasper - He wants to play European football, and due to his age, it will need to be very soon, so I think he will go
  • Youri  - there is no casd here, he will leave
  • Marc - Yes, best crosser by quite a distance, and if eternal Vardy is to carry on at a good rate, or we develop/have a player who can utilise his delivery he could get more game time
  •  Jonny - you summed it up, he will become less consisitently available I fear, so we need an experienced CB to rotate and eventually replace

:thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If its true that we won't make ANY signings until we've sold players (see Tanners latest article which he's insinuating this) then it's very much a concern for the 1 position we are so weak in RW.

Every other position its accepted that we'll replace who we move on - Youri goes a new creative CM. Soyuncu goes and a new CB etc. It's very hard to see where we have the financial flex to get a RW and don't forget Lookman too unless we do get rid of many fringe players or replace Tielemans and Soyuncu for much less than we sell them for which given we've gone right off players in the £5-10m bracket would be very hard to envisage. 

I hope we can at least be at the front of the queue for some loan deals which other clubs seem to do so well on each season. I'd be targeting the likes of Man City for McAtee or Palmer.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If its true that we won't make ANY signings until we've sold players (see Tanners latest article which he's insinuating this) then it's very much a concern for the 1 position we are so weak in RW.

Every other position its accepted that we'll replace who we move on - Youri goes a new creative CM. Soyuncu goes and a new CB etc. It's very hard to see where we have the financial flex to get a RW and don't forget Lookman too unless we do get rid of many fringe players or replace Tielemans and Soyuncu for much less than we sell them for which given we've gone right off players in the £5-10m bracket would be very hard to envisage. 

I hope we can at least be at the front of the queue for some loan deals which other clubs seem to do so well on each season. I'd be targeting the likes of Man City for McAtee or Palmer.

We've got one recognised winger who by his own admission has had a poor season (other than against weaker sides second half against a switched off West Ham) to the point of our loan RW being selected ahead of him.

Our FB's are better wingers. Evans needs preserving and extra support. Fofana likes to belt forward when allowed. Vardy * see Evans

Taff the kit man is the only member of staff not tried at RW, Marhez is obviously irreplaceable so make that role redundant and use HB as an impact plan B or tuck him in

• Haha 1

The question for me is - how are we so broke? Other clubs in similar positions to ours are already forking out the cash. I get covid has been a hit but it has for everyone. 

Also if it was known we wouldn't be spending money this summer why has the rebuild narrative been so heavily pushed? Its just going to create needless pressure. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

The question for me is - how are we so broke? Other clubs in similar positions to ours are already forking out the cash. I get covid has been a hit but it has for everyone. 

Also if it was known we wouldn't be spending money this summer why has the rebuild narrative been so heavily pushed? Its just going to create needless pressure. 

Which clubs in similar positions ???

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

I think it's time to get this back out 😆 

Wheres-the-Money-Gone-Fanzine-WTMG-Leicester-City.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Which clubs in similar positions ???

Leeds and Villa both similar in terms of income and revenue and they are splashing the cash. I'm not advocating for us to spend silly money but it seems concerning that all the noises coming from the club are that we are not in a strong position for transfers. It could be a tactic to keep prices low but its a daft one as there will always be a Premier League premium. 

Edited by Dames

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We will probably end up with someone like Trincao on loan. You’d think his average season at Wolves would make us look elsewhere, but we do have a history of signing players we’ve scouted for a number of years. 

Not saying I want him here over other RW options, but he does tick a few boxes for our recruitment team.. 

- Cheap loan deal with a small option to buy price tag

- Young player we can try to develop

- Someone our recruitment team have researched and know very well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Leeds and Villa both similar in terms of income and revenue and they are splashing the cash. I'm not advocating for us to spend silly money but it seems concerning that all the noises coming from the club are that we are not in a strong position for transfers. It could be a tactic to keep prices low but its a daft one as there will always be a Premier League premium. 

Villa have owners who are wealthier than ours and prepared to spend to establish a squad to compete with us. 

Leeds didn’t spend enough last summer/winter and can see that they need to strengthen big time to avoid relegation 

We invested last summer to try and get that 4th place/win the Europa league.  Now it’s pay back time to an extent. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

The question for me is - how are we so broke?

I don't think it's a case of being broke. But KP make their money from duty free in Thailand so they'll have had a bad couple of years. And we are good payers now - and I believe it's total spend, transfer fees and wages relative to income which counts to FFP.. So whereas we are near to our spending ceiling - teams like Leeds and Villa whose wages have not been anything like as generous as ours, have more headroom for spending. The new stand will increase revenue if and when it happens, but the only other way we can expand our revenue base significantly is by qualifying for Europe, particularly the Champions League.....so all we can do is get rid of some high earners and trim the squad more generally and use the money generated to bring in some better but cheaper players. Easy? Right? 

3 hours ago, Dames said:

....it all comes back to the investment in infrastructure!!!

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Villa have owners who are wealthier than ours and prepared to spend to establish a squad to compete with us. 

Leeds didn’t spend enough last summer/winter and can see that they need to strengthen big time to avoid relegation 

We invested last summer to try and get that 4th place/win the Europa league.  Now it’s pay back time to an extent. 

i have a feeling leeds are doing what villa did last year… spending the phillips money early