Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

''Summer re-build''

First player in will be Lookman, however he is on loan and playing for a move hope he does not go off the boil if signed.

Youri is gone.

Madders will be shooting catalogues pic's and I feel the pull of London may see him go.

Need a new keeper, did Kasper say he was looking for a new challenge? Need a keeper who can come off his line to collect a ball.

Will Wilf be tempted to go?

barnes will he also be tempted to move. 

There are five players there that could possibly go, with Lookman in. I would be seriously looking at the Leeds keeper, and also looking at Cantwell from Norwich that just for starters. hope business is done early not last minute.com 

Edited by Daveb5569

People need to calm down about this complete rebuild/over haul! I don't think (A) the club can afford that and (B) we don't need that much surgery. We still have a core group of players that we can build around. So far only Youre & Cags look like top players that want to leave and we could use the money from their sale to help us progress. Youre has served his time with us, this season he's mind has been elsewhere and probably getting knackered out has led to some really poor performances for a player of his level. Hell its even affected his Belgium games. The same with Cags he's been awful in an equally awful Turkish side. Not a good year for him.

Anyway, a 2 pronged strategy is needed so lets start selling the ones we really don't need (we all know who they are) and at the same time get negotiating better players to come in. Seems like the club has already identified a few targets which is promising. Now for the club to get those deals over the line asap. Get everyone in early and have a strong pre-season. Nothing less will satisfy we the fans. Oh and they better sort out that set piece defending next season or all hell will break out! Bring in new coaches if we have to.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Daveb5569 said:

First player in will be Lookman, however he is on loan and playing for a move hope he does not go off the boil if signed.

Youri is gone.

Madders will be shooting catalogues pic's and I feel the pull of London may see him go.

Need a new keeper, did Kasper say he was looking for a new challenge? Need a keeper who can come off his line to collect a ball.

There are five players there that could possibly go, with Lookman in. I would be seriously looking at the Leeds keeper, and also looking at Cantwell from Norwich that just for starters. hope business is done early not last minute.com 

+  I want Lookman in - he's done enough to show his worth (hope he can get even better)

+  Madders we try and keep as he's a game changer when in form and I think he's back to his best now (unless london offers silly money).

o  Kasper we keep but he needs to spend the summer on improving how to be a better Goalie defending set pieces (boot camp for him)

+  Gotta keep Wilf but allow him to get back to his best

+  Barnes really needs to pull his bloody socks up! A dangerous player on his day but he needs to be doing more for such a young promising player

!   No to the Leeds keeper - the guy looks a calamity in goals from what I've seen. This season has ruined him at Leeds but YES to finding a better keeper

+  Yes to Cantwell if we can get him for a good price (will be a good understudy to Madders)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

+  I want Lookman in - he's done enough to show his worth (hope he can get even better)

+  Madders we try and keep as he's a game changer when in form and I think he's back to his best now (unless london offers silly money).

o  Kasper we keep but he needs to spend the summer on improving how to be a better Goalie defending set pieces (boot camp for him)

+  Gotta keep Wilf but allow him to get back to his best

+  Barnes really needs to pull his bloody socks up! A dangerous player on his day but he needs to be doing more for such a young promising player

!   No to the Leeds keeper - the guy looks a calamity in goals from what I've seen. This season has ruined him at Leeds but YES to finding a better keeper

+  Yes to Cantwell if we can get him for a good price (will be a good understudy to Madders)

Cantwell has been pants this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Again - if we were somehow skint, Rodgers would have made that clear in the answers to the questions he was asked today.

We have got money to spend this summer - they are not looking at the likes of de Ketelaere and Gleison Bremer just for a giggle.

The squad is 27 large + Praet so we can cut at least two out before we even start, and a squad of 25 would be fine without Europe.

I maintain I think it will be 6 in (Lookman being one of them). CB/DM/CM/AM/RW will do nicely and possibly another forward player. That's 8 that can therefore go - Tielemans, Soyuncu, Perez, Mendy, Choudhury, Vestergaard/Amartey are pretty much guaranteed for me, and then it's Bertrand, Iheanacho who are surely at risk too.

It isn't until next summer where we will need to assess the goalkeeper situation and replacements for Evans/Vardy in terms of sheer numbers. Notice Rodgers keeps talking about a refresh, not a rebuild. We have got some good players and he knows that. We've just got to a European semi-final and everyone is panicking we are the next Everton. Calm is needed

No club will ever admit to being skint , not in  the PL anyway. A quick look at our balance sheet tells you we are in considerable debt. If we are prepared to take on even more then that wiil be a decision for the owners.

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Again - if we were somehow skint, Rodgers would have made that clear in the answers to the questions he was asked today.

We have got money to spend this summer - they are not looking at the likes of de Ketelaere and Gleison Bremer just for a giggle.

The squad is 27 large + Praet so we can cut at least two out before we even start, and a squad of 25 would be fine without Europe.

I maintain I think it will be 6 in (Lookman being one of them). CB/DM/CM/AM/RW will do nicely and possibly another forward player. That's 8 that can therefore go - Tielemans, Soyuncu, Perez, Mendy, Choudhury, Vestergaard/Amartey are pretty much guaranteed for me, and then it's Bertrand, Iheanacho who are surely at risk too.

It isn't until next summer where we will need to assess the goalkeeper situation and replacements for Evans/Vardy in terms of sheer numbers. Notice Rodgers keeps talking about a refresh, not a rebuild. We have got some good players and he knows that. We've just got to a European semi-final and everyone is panicking we are the next Everton. Calm is needed

He does add a caveat around budget though and I think the biggest restriction will be I'd we can't get the players out we want to for the money we'd hope for.

I don't see who pays any transfer fee for Perez, Choudhury, Vestergaard.

I don't see anyone pay the wages for Bertrand and I'm not so sure we'll find permanent homes this summer for Praet or Soumare either, so they'll have to be loans which if they are earmarked as players with no future here, its really not ideal and we may well have to loam certain players instead of making permanent signings in all the positions we want to improve. 

A lot of the above is resolved though by also cashing in on a player not widely considered being surplus to requirement or who actively wants to leave all Tielemans and Soyuncu. Maybe this summer is the time we cash in on Ndidi, dare I say it. Get £50m + for him and it frees up the ability to also tell some of the players with a year left on their deals who we might struggle to get anything for to find new clubs and agree to letting them go for nothing.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No club will ever admit to being skint , not in  the PL anyway. A quick look at our balance sheet tells you we are in considerable debt. If we are prepared to take on even more then that wiil be a decision for the owners.

I mean we've regularly in the past harped on about not having the funds to get all the players we want, Rodgers has said this time and time again in 2020 and 2021. Yet he's seemingly opting not to push that narrative now that he's spun the rebuild statement, but no doubt he'll have to confess this at some point when we don't get 5-8 new players.

1 hour ago, Daveb5569 said:

Youri is gone.

Iversen is a good option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The "good experience" is now one of too old/not regularly fit enough/not good enough. One of the promising youngsters in Chilwell left, and Tielemans and Soyuncu will make it 3 out the door by the summer. Can't argue that those signings above haven't been as good as can be, but Perez has been ok and Soumare could still come good. 

Whether you like Rodgers or not, the squad does need some fresh blood. Hasn't this season proved with all the games/injuries that it's not deep enough and needs some work? 

....every team can be improved upon, with extra investment!!!

Injuries have had a big influence on the season, but our squad is good enough to be in the top half of the league. Poor management and what seems like players underwhelmed by what we are doing in games are just as big a factor.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see who pays any transfer fee for Perez, Choudhury, Vestergaard.

The likes of Fulham/ Bournemouth could well be interested in someone like Perez or Hamza, though I think Spain is the more likely destination for Ayoze.

Also reckon there's a decent chance a Bundesliga club forks out some insignificant fee for Vestergaard. He's half German and feels at home over there, add that he needs to get minutes under his belt before the WC or he might well get cut from the Danish squad so I wouldn't say a move is unlikely. Bremen are likely to get promoted, he's already familiar with them

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

The likes of Fulham/ Bournemouth could well be interested in someone like Perez or Hamza, though I think Spain is the more likely destination for Ayoze.

Also reckon there's a decent chance a Bundesliga club forks out some insignificant fee for Vestergaard. He's half German and feels at home over there, add that he needs to get minutes under his belt before the WC or he might well get cut from the Danish squad so I wouldn't say a move is unlikely. Bremen are likely to get promoted, he's already familiar with them

Agree, but loan with obligation if we are lucky, option if we aren’t

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

This is the last thing we should do this summer IMO. Personally, I think keeping Barnes, JJ, Maddison, Fofana, Ndidi and KDH is absolutely imperative to us. They are the players that we need to build this new team around, plus Daka. We can't afford to lose any more key players on top of Tielemans and Soyuncu, especially when Vardy and Evans have fitness doubts and some are speculating about Schmeichel (can't personally see him going this year myself, though, when there's the need to change much more before him). 

What we really need of starting 11 quality then is a centre back, left back (unless Castagne, JJ and Ricardo all stay), and a right winger. I think that that's manageable with the funds from Youri and Soyuncu, then wheeling and dealing for a few signings that can replace a few of those squad fillers that aren't good enough. 

I just sense Ndidi has gone stale here and might fancy a new challenge. He's been here over 5 and a half years and although it's not ideal losing key players we've prided ourselves of not being in a position where our valuable players enter the last 2 years of their contract without a good chance of signing a new deal.

Once that starts happening thr stability can soon fall apart and I think we risk this in the next year or two if we don't get back to being an exciting club to be part of again. Too many players who joined us young and now approaching mid twenties that may fancy a new challenge. We cannot afford to move away from our model of signing young players, progressing them and turning a big profit to keep trying to overall improve. This has slowed in recent years and we've not become any stronger collectively.

One key aspect this summer in terms of transfers is that our lack of European competition does assist in us focusing on improving the first 11 - rather than padding the squad.

I think that’s possibly an issue we’ve had in our previous summers where we’ve had to balance quality with having the numbers we need to make it through the schedule we would be facing.

It’ll also be interesting to see how early we look to get our business done this year, because again, I think we’ve been a little behind the ball on that in previous summers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If we sign Lookman , we can possibly let Barnes go. Ade has outperformed him this season. However Barnes is still a valuable asset in monetary terms and a number of clubs would be interested.

That would just be stupid. 

Lookman gets injured and we have no winger option. Would be totally nonsensical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I just sense Ndidi has gone stale here and might fancy a new challenge. He's been here over 5 and a half years and although it's not ideal losing key players we've prided ourselves of not being in a position where our valuable players enter the last 2 years of their contract without a good chance of signing a new deal.

Once that starts happening thr stability can soon fall apart and I think we risk this in the next year or two if we don't get back to being an exciting club to be part of again. Too many players who joined us young and now approaching mid twenties that may fancy a new challenge. We cannot afford to move away from our model of signing young players, progressing them and turning a big profit to keep trying to overall improve. This has slowed in recent years and we've not become any stronger collectively.

....or Rodgers has messed him up with the way he has been asked to play!!!

He is not a progressive DM, we play in a way that does not help the individual players, and after awhile, they start to wonder why bother. Yes, when you are at a club for a long period of time, you can become stale and that leads to ambivalence, our approach to the way we setup and play, does not help.

There is no drive coming from this team, apart from KDH there is no one seeking to drive this team, and until we drag ourselves out of this malaise, we will be repeating these performances forever.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

That would just be stupid. 

Lookman gets injured and we have no winger option. Would be totally nonsensical. 

The idea is we replace Barnes with a wide right option , to be honest either Barnes finds his game again , or he is likely to be increasingly marginalised. It may be him or it may be Rodgers but he has regressed and Lookman is more effective on the left.

Tielemans ( plays for the Belgium national team)

Cags ( plays for the Turkish national team)

Barnes ( last LCFC players to play for English national team)

Reading comments that most people wants to get rid of them.

Think twice people, if you want to rebuild next season around,

Inexperience KDH

Inconsistent floor mat Madders

Senior card holder Evans.

Let's not mixed apples and oranges. 

Youri's, Cags and Barnsy's poor performance this season directly related to BR's incompetent/ dysfunctional game and player management.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

Youri is gone.

you’ve basically sold off our entire first team there

• Like 1

Looking at our saleable assets. I think it’s fair to say that Youri and Cags are 100% gone. Then you can probably see Kalechi going, as we could generate funds from him, Praet will naturally leave, and potentially Kasper too. 

The rest of the clear out will involve fringe players such as Hamza, Vesty and Bertrand……. 

Perez is an interesting one, because we could get a few for him too, but then is that too many players out the door. We’ve got another short summer so we don’t want to drag business through the whole window, and not be settled before the season starts. 

• Like 1