Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

''Summer re-build''

2 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

We don't need a rebuild. 

It's Rodgers propaganda for his continued failures. 

A few players must be moved along:

Bertrand

Vestergaard

Perez

Yes we need to recruit a few players, but this team, and squad doesn't require a rebuild at all. 

Minor not major surgery 🦊👌🏼

Rodgers Out! 

I agree

5 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

We don't need a rebuild. 

It's Rodgers propaganda for his continued failures

A few players must be moved along:

Bertrand

Vestergaard

Perez

Yes we need to recruit a few players, but this team, and squad doesn't require a rebuild at all. 

Minor not major surgery 🦊👌🏼

Rodgers Out! 

Yep 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are insane, our key players are old and declining or want to leave, and refusing to accept that is living in denial

15/16 is gone, get over it.

Why are you mentioning 6 years ago?

A few months ago you’d use last seasons 5th place and FA Cup to back up your arguments- and we’re talking about the same players PLUS Rodgers’ own signings from the summer

Dont people see the contradiction?

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Vardy, Kasper, Youri, Marc, Jonny. We don’t need a rebuild?  lol

Keep your anti-Rodgers post  in the Brendan thread eh?

Freedom of speech 🦊

Every single 1 of those players you mention have been amazing servants of this club, and if they choose to stop playing should be kept a part of the club. 

Youri may wish to leave, I can't blame him, due to this season failures. I would not stop anyone from progressing their career. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Vardy, Kasper, Youri, Marc, Jonny. We don’t need a rebuild?  lol

Keep your anti-Rodgers post  in the Brendan thread eh?

Three of those haven’t been regular appearance makers this season tbf.

We don’t need huge changes to be finish 10th or 11th as next season is going to be a significant reduction in games. 

The major issue we have is a currently an organisational/coaching thing. We could reduce set piece goals conceded by half and we’d be nearer 7th for sure 

• Like 2

Just now, Kilworthfox said:

Freedom of speech 🦊

Every single 1 of those players you mention have been amazing servants of this club, and if they choose to stop playing shouild be kept a part of the club. 

Youri may wish to leave, I can't blame him, due to this season failures. I would stop anyone from progressing their career. 

Yes but where  did I say they were not key players in our history?

The point is, as playing staff they are getting to less starters/squad members so need replacing

I sincerely hope they all remain as coaching members but that is not relevant to a rebuild.

They need  or will imminently need replacing. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Three of those haven’t been regular appearance makers this season tbf.

We don’t need huge changes to be finish 10th or 11th as next season is going to be a significant reduction in games. 

The major issue we have is a currently an organisational/coaching thing. We could reduce set piece goals conceded by half and we’d be nearer 7th for sure 

Maybe replacing Kasper would have produced better results than that? No longer a Rodgers in (or out) but we have a backlog of players ageing, no longer of the requisite. quality or want to move on. Much needs to change and the manager may be first but that is irrelevant to a playing staff update.

Imo we need a rebuild. 

- Soyuncu has been horrendous this year and does not look like recovering, a position to think about. 
- Evans needs a long term replacement
- LB position is weak
- Tielemans is going
- We need a right winger
- Left wing needs better competition, Barnes is good but he's nowhere near producing what we need this season, runs a lot and beats his man but end product is usually not great
- Our bench is absolutely horrendous for the standards we want to set. 

- Kasper is making more mistakes than ever and his distribution is horrendous
- Maddison has been one of our better players this season but even he runs hot and cold constantly, the magic he produces often papers over the cracks, he has no competition. 

Add to this the players that we could lose in summer, Fofana and Ndidi will be on the list of some big clubs. 
We need 7-10 players if we want to have a solid bench and starting 11 that can actually compete in the top 6. Whether that is over the course of 1 summer or 2, to me that is a rebuild. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

You are insane, our key players are old and declining or want to leave, and refusing to accept that is living in denial

15/16 is gone, get over it.

We do need to make some signings.

Youri needs replacing this summer as he's off - I'd be going all out for Gallagher

Vardy's replacement is here so that's sorted.

Johnny and Kasper will most likely be here next season. Iverson is looking like a decent candidate to replace Kasper. Evans, we need to sign an experienced CB either this summer or next. Albrighton...very replaceable.

Soyuncu - could well be off and would need replacing.

Not sure if I'm missing anyone.

As I see it, we need to sign 3 new first team players CB, RW and a CM. Then we need squad improvements in CB and CM. 

Perez, Vesty and Bertand can go back home in the summer and not come back and we wouldn't notice.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am talking about 5 players in the spine, that is a rebuild.

We have already brought in Daka to replace Vardy, Youri we now have KDH and Maddsion plus Soumare and Mendy and Preat if the new manager wants him (unlikely)

Kasper will more than likely be here next season but does need to work on them corners or get a replacement.

Jonny will probably be OK for next season, however we do need 3 or 4 quality players bringing in.

Players like Bertrand, Vester, Perez need to be moved on.. hardly a rebuild.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

We do need to make some signings.

Youri needs replacing this summer as he's off - I'd be going all out for Gallagher

Vardy's replacement is here so that's sorted.

Johnny and Kasper will most likely be here next season. Iverson is looking like a decent candidate to replace Kasper. Evans, we need to sign an experienced CB either this summer or next. Albrighton...very replaceable.

Soyuncu - could well be off and would need replacing.

Not sure if I'm missing anyone.

As I see it, we need to sign 3 new first team players CB, RW and a CM. Then we need squad improvements in CB and CM. 

Perez, Vesty and Bertand can go back home in the summer and not come back and we wouldn't notice.

Reasonable but it was reported Kasper wants more Euro football before he jacks it in, so he may want to go and expect we could let him

Vardy will be bit part next season and yes Daka is here, but we would still need another striker for cover

Jonny is unreliable, and we would probably need another better experienced CB if Jonny has much more injury issues.

Youri is as good as gone, so need replacing

RW? Well no idea what this is all about!

LB, agree is also a problem

Some we have, but plenty of work to do

Maybe replacing Kasper would have produced better results than that? No longer a Rodgers in (or out) but we have a backlog of players ageing, no longer of the requisite. quality or want to move on. Much needs to change and the manager may be first but that is irrelevant to a playing staff update.

Said elsewhere the club needed to make a decision on Kasper as painful as it might be or we get absolute mentality monster in at CB. Watched Everton today show how zonal marking is done probably on corners. If it’s coached well and you have aggressive players, then it works fine. 

We’ve regressed to the point that with no European football, we don’t need our squad depth to be so deep. Therefore it doesn’t need to be a revolving door of signings. 

Vardy, Evans and Albrighton are already in the process of being phased out as they have managed minutes this season or injured. 

It doesn’t need to be a rebuild this summer now without the additional games. It has to be sensible use of money and then the same next year. 

• Like 2

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We have already brought in Daka to replace Vardy, Youri we now have KDH and Maddsion plus Soumare and Mendy and Preat if the new manager wants him (unlikely)

Kasper will more than likely be here next season but does need to work on them corners or get a replacement.

Jonny will probably be OK for next season, however we do need 3 or 4 quality players bringing in.

Players like Bertrand, Vester, Perez need to be moved on.. hardly a rebuild.

Would guess 5 new first team players are needed,and that’s pretty big.

Would guess 5 new first team players are needed,and that’s pretty big.

I don't think so with no Europe it will be one game a week pretty much... we are never going to go and sign 5 first team players and we don't actually need to imo.