Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

''Summer re-build''

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Said elsewhere the club needed to make a decision on Kasper as painful as it might be or we get absolute mentality monster in at CB. Watched Everton today show how zonal marking is done probably on corners. If it’s coached well and you have aggressive players, then it works fine. 

We’ve regressed to the point that with no European football, we don’t need our squad depth to be so deep. Therefore it doesn’t need to be a revolving door of signings. 

Vardy, Evans and Albrighton are already in the process of being phased out as they have managed minutes this season or injured. 

It doesn’t need to be a rebuild this summer now without the additional games. It has to be sensible use of money and then the same next year. 

Yes that’s fair enough, so call it an overhaul, it just feels like we are going to need to bring in first teasers, even beyond those already here as replacements (Daka, KDH)

New CB (maybe 2)

New CM when Youri leave?

New goalie, sorry Kasper but it’s about due. :(

Will Vardy be able to be bit part/able deputy?

Then a RW and covering any unexpected outs, say Wilf or Madders

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Reasonable but it was reported Kasper wants more Euro football before he jacks it in, so he may want to go and expect we could let him

Vardy will be bit part next season and yes Daka is here, but we would still need another striker for cover

Jonny is unreliable, and we would probably need another better experienced CB if Jonny has much more injury issues.

Youri is as good as gone, so need replacing

RW? Well no idea what this is all about!

LB, agree is also a problem

Some we have, but plenty of work to do

Well the RW issue is the same one that's been outstanding for 3/4 years now :D CM to replace Youri and a partner for Fofana would be my main 3 purchases. If Kasper was off then I'd sling Iversen in.

We need to improve the general quality of the squad but that can be done over 2 seasons IMO. We could make 5-6 signings. Lose 5-6 players and it'd arguably improve us and be about par for the course business wise. LB i think is fine tbh. I expect Justin to come into next season flying and Thomas will continue to improve, we really need to see him make some progress physically over the next 6-12 months.

Also fully expect Alves to be slowly introduced next season, which will be a big bonus for us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

I feel short changed. He came full of promise and optimism. Like a different man these days.

He's hasn't been great I know but he can score goals, just the service hasn't been there as most the times he up top on his own with no service

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

He's hasn't been great I know but he can score goals, just the service hasn't been there as most the times he up top on his own with no service

How many times has he just missed a cracking pass into the box though? It’s happened a lot recently - I don’t think his heart is in the PL at the minute.

Edited by phoneticerror

Just now, filbertway said:

Also fully expect Alves to be slowly introduced next season, which will be a big bonus for us.

This is the dream, start getting our own lads coming through :scarf:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes that’s fair enough, so call it an overhaul, it just feels like we are going to need to bring in first teasers, even beyond those already here as replacements (Daka, KDH)

New CB (maybe 2)

New CM when Youri leave?

New goalie, sorry Kasper but it’s about due. :(

Will Vardy be able to be bit part/able deputy?

Then a RW and covering any unexpected outs, say Wilf or Madders

I’d say CB, CM and RW within the summer. 

Kasper we can possibly take a gamble

on subject to the CB and Iversen. 

Think Vardy will be rotated regardless because he will get injured. That’s been the case for three seasons now. 

I think outgoing will be Youri, Soyuncu and anyone else from a pretty desperate back brigade. 

Then season after GK and ST (might have a gem for this). Will need a LB as well. 

If we ever get Europe again, we will have to accelerate it all to get the squad depth. 

I think whenever we’ve gone quantity over quality it’s been an utter disaster of a transfer window 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Imo we need a rebuild. 

- Soyuncu has been horrendous this year and does not look like recovering, a position to think about. 
- Evans needs a long term replacement
- LB position is weak
- Tielemans is going
- We need a right winger
- Left wing needs better competition, Barnes is good but he's nowhere near producing what we need this season, runs a lot and beats his man but end product is usually not great
- Our bench is absolutely horrendous for the standards we want to set. 

- Kasper is making more mistakes than ever and his distribution is horrendous
- Maddison has been one of our better players this season but even he runs hot and cold constantly, the magic he produces often papers over the cracks, he has no competition. 

Add to this the players that we could lose in summer, Fofana and Ndidi will be on the list of some big clubs. 
We need 7-10 players if we want to have a solid bench and starting 11 that can actually compete in the top 6. Whether that is over the course of 1 summer or 2, to me that is a rebuild. 

Agree, and I'd also say a tough tackling midfield ball winner, and a striker to replace Vardy.

Just because people say things like we need a replacement for Schmeichel or Vardy, it isn't being disrespectful about what they've given this club. Their records speak for themselves. They are club legends, but time catches up and you have to continually refresh. 

So I think it is a re-build in a way, to create a new spine; keeper, centre-half, midfield ball winner, striker.

• Like 3

We definitely need a rebuild. There’s lots of difficult questions that need answering in the summer and it’s all on Tops shoulders. 

If he puts the money in to sack Brendan and recruit the players (and probably manager) needed then we’ll be ok. Cheap out, keep Brendan and sign a couple of below standard players whilst selling everyone else and we could be in a relegation fight next season. 

18 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Agree, and I'd also say a tough tackling midfield ball winner, and a striker to replace Vardy.

Just because people say things like we need a replacement for Schmeichel or Vardy, it isn't being disrespectful about what they've given this club. Their records speak for themselves. They are club legends, but time catches up and you have to continually refresh. 

So I think it is a re-build in a way, to create a new spine; keeper, centre-half, midfield ball winner, striker.

Agree on replacing Vardy long term, I think Daka could be the replacement should we change our tactics to suit his style of play, but Iheanacho has had 1 good season for us. No doubt he’s improved massively, but he’s not a top 6 striker, if that’s where this club wants to be (and no doubt that’s where top wants us) we need top 6 players or atleast players with that potential. Daka has the potential, Iheanacho is a great squad player but he’s not going to get us 15-20 goals consistently even if he started every match and played every minute in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Depends how many players a 'rebuild' entails because I do think we need a relatively busy summer, but I do tend to agree that it's overegged somewhat because of Rodgers' mismanagement.

You only have to see his post match today to see how full of deflections he is. Self preservation.

• Like 1

A rebuild is only needed in the sense of those that are nearing the end of their careers or about to approach it - Kasper, Vardy, Evans, Albrighton etc.

There's a decent squad to build around already from the rest:

Fofana

Barnes

Maddison

Castagne

Justin

KDH

Lookman (if signed)

Daka

Iheanacho

Soyuncu (I know a lot want him out)
Thomas

Iversen

There's others who should just naturally be shipped out - Perez, Choudhury, Amartey, Vestergaard, Bertrand.

A rebuild suggests moving more of the first list out instead of just those in the latter list. Which is wrong. So I agree that there doesn't necessarily need to be a rebuild or refresh. Just wise, astute, shrewd signings to compliment some extremely good talent already in the squad.

Guest StevieLynex

Lets hope that Mr Rodgers is not around to oversee this. Here are my thoughts:

Out

Amartey - £5m

Vesty - £5m

Bertrand - cancel contract

Soyuncu - £25m

Praet -  £10m

Tielemans - £40m

Perez - £20m

Mendy - £5m

Albrighton - £3m

Choudhury - £5m

Lookman - do not sign on permanent deal

Total - £118

Worried that Fofana may be tempted to leave, despite the fact he has signed a long-term contract recently. Believe that he has a track record of forcing through a move when he wants to leave. Wouldn't be surprised if he's our next centre half to move to Man Utd for £80m.

So, a new Manager should have between £80-£100m on new players.

7 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Out

Amartey - £5m

Vesty - £5m

Soyuncu - £25m

Praet -  £10m

Tielemans - £40m

Perez - £20m

Mendy - £5m

Albrighton - £3m

Choudhury - £5m

Total - £118

Worried that Fofana may be tempted to leave, despite the fact he has signed a long-term contract recently. Believe that he has a track record of forcing through a move when he wants to leave. Wouldn't be surprised if he's our next centre half to move to Man Utd for £80m.

Other than I would sign Lookman provided the fee is around 5-6 million, and retain Sharks. I’d go along with that! In reality though who’d want them other than Youri and possibly Cags. 

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

If you think we're getting £45M combined for Perez and Soyuncu, you're deluded. Soyuncu has been a total bombscare all season and Perez has barely played since Christmas.

Also not signing Lookman would be mad, he's been one of the few highlights of a really poor season.

And that goes to show how far we have fallen , when you think we would be mad not to sign Lookman .

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Out

Amartey - £5m

Vesty - £5m

Soyuncu - £25m

Praet -  £10m

Tielemans - £40m

Perez - £20m

Mendy - £5m

Albrighton - £3m

Choudhury - £5m

Total - £118

Worried that Fofana may be tempted to leave, despite the factu he has signed a long-term contract recently. Believe that he has a track record of forcing through a move when he wants to leave. Wouldn't be surprised if he's our next centre half to move to Man Utd for £80m.

Christ, that's ambitious!

1. Whose going to pay anything at all for Perez in the last year of his contract? He's crap and the max you'd get is 5m and he wouldn't go anyway because he's on a good screw here!

2. Tielemans 40m 🤣. Nearly out of contract, been poor all season, a half decent club might take a punt, 25m max.

3. You ain't gonna sign better than Soyuncu for 25m currently, as an essentially a right footed player, he's just be badly exposed on the wide left of a three by a shite manager and lost confidence, we were raving about him previously an allegedly even Liverpool were interested in him. Yes, Tarkowski may be free but is he any better than Vestergaard in a high line?

4. Mendy will go on a free. A waste.

• Like 1

Any manager outside the top 6 and a good few in the top 6 would take the likes of Vardy, Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana, Barnes and Maddison.

Those outside the top 6 would love to have internationals of the calibre of Ricardo, Iheanacho and Castagne in reserve.

We don’t need a rebuild, we just need the manager to do a better job with those at his disposal and spend the money that he is given a bit better than on the likes of Vestergaard, Soumare and Bertrand.

So we played three centre backs today to combat our weakness at corners and correctly Vestergaard wasn’t one of those selected and I’ve got more chance of making the team than Bertrand. The Bertrand Vestergaard acquisitions have to rank right up there with some of the worst purchases we have made.